British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

12.05.2023 - Scunny v Glasgow BSN Series SF L1

Some great racing ,great race track.Feel Clegg got caught in no man’s land Vissing got up the inside suppose result could have gone against him minimal contact IMO.Rory seemed to think that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

It was exactly same move bomber pulled on dougy and Tom on mountain. Difference being they didn't turn in to the contact. I've seen them go other way but for me Claus was ahead so probably 70/30 correct decision imo

Yeah, I just expected the away rider to be excluded, that's all.

• Like 1

I thought from where I was stood he baled out but after seeing the altercation it seemed that he was knudged off his bike

11 hours ago, Cerro said:

Hopefully keep it close, anything within 10pts would be ideal. 

2pt victory even better :drink:

• Like 1

Watched the stream and must say what an excellent race track, best match I've seen this season, loads of overtaking 

• Like 2

Tigers win away , Monarchs pumped at home . If Carlsberg did Friday nights . 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, iainb said:

I just think if you enter a competition and you qualify for a final you owe it to your fans to compete in that final and that goes for Leicester and Poole too. If you are not punished for not competing in that final that sets a dangerous precedent. 

Do you know for sure that Glasgow weren’t punished for their withdrawal? Very few penalties are publicised. Indeed, it was unusual that the fines on Basso and Kerr were announced recently. 

Glasgow were excellent on the night,gave the home riders a lesson on how to ride there own track,

Some very good racing,a fine meeting

Well done Glasgow

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iainb said:

I accept I've already been mugged off, rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly now) they're still trying to finish this competition off, when it should have been finished last year, but you guys pulled out not on the 9th of September but on the 20th of October using an excuse right up there with Buster's gate or Bill Barker's dog when it became apparent that the competition was not going to be completed. 

That competition you are bumping your gums about , can even remember who won it , was supposed to finish with a three team tournament at Sheffield.  So when that got changed the three teams had more important matters to settle at the end of the season . 

Anyway back to last night , that was a terrific meeting and maybe we did go over the top celebrating at the end , but winning away from home is always brilliant 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Paulco said:

That competition you are bumping your gums about , can even remember who won it , was supposed to finish with a three team tournament at Sheffield.  So when that got changed the three teams had more important matters to settle at the end of the season . 

Anyway back to last night , that was a terrific meeting and maybe we did go over the top celebrating at the end , but winning away from home is always brilliant 

There’s nothing better than seeing your team win away from home, you don’t have to apologise for celebrating, most clubs just got no atmosphere these days, the happy clappers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iainb said:

It's the same competition, it just has a sponsor this year. 

How do you feel that you paid out to see your team qualify for a final and then they just pull out of it?

9 hours ago, tyretrax said:

How is it the same competition?

I'd say It's the same competition in the way the Premier League & the Championship are the same, the Elite League and the Premiership are they same and the Conference & National leagues are they same?

The names may have changed but nothing else - apart from a 3 team final one-off final, which never happened, a 3 team final 3 legged event, which never happened. So now it's back to two teams for the final, it's virtually the same as the premier trophy, Championship shield, summer trophy etc

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

Decent meeting, and congrats to the Tigers...

Them boys gave scunny some lessons in how to team ride and how to use the outside line. 

Must say I was impressed with Nath Ablitt from the Scunny side, his efforts didn't reflect in his points tally.

For the Tigers, Harris/Basso/Vissing/Brennan did them guy things, was impressed with Nowak to be fair, but for me the real star of the show was Ace Pijper, who showed hes not afraid to mix it with the big lads, well done young man!

Onto Fridays second leg now..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Do you know for sure that Glasgow weren’t punished for their withdrawal? Very few penalties are publicised. Indeed, it was unusual that the fines on Basso and Kerr were announced recently. 

I don't, do you know they were? Why would you sweep it under the carpet... you'd at least say action has been taken even if you didn't say what the sanction was. 

We're going to be in the shambolic position that the final for this years competition is more likely than not going to be held before the final of last years!

atleast mountain is racking a few quid for himself. He should have signed for a prem team. Leicester cough cough..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

There’s nothing better than seeing your team win away from home, you don’t have to apologise for celebrating, most clubs just got no atmosphere these days, the happy clappers.

Plus we were all pisssed by the end 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1