British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

12.05.2023 - Scunny v Glasgow BSN Series SF L1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Pity they didn't show the same enthusiasm for the Jubilee Trophy last year... Glasgow shouldn't even be in the competition this year!

What competition the jubilee thing that were not in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Good to see Nathan won't be seeing heat 8 and getting flung to the wolves in heat 11 again this season, going to do his average wonder's.

Can’t remember seeing Nathan before but he impressed me with his riding style..he gave his all out wide for no reward..I think he will do well for the rest of the season at home 

2 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Can’t remember seeing Nathan before but he impressed me with his riding style..he gave his all out wide for no reward..I think he will do well for the rest of the season at home 

He was there last season with Poole, got a couple of points I think. 

Wonder when the book will be coming out. How to destroy a league challenging team by Rob Godfrey.

Saying that Allen and Palm Toft were pathetic. Douglas a one man masterclass with a little back up from Mountain and Lambert. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gazc said:

What competition the jubilee thing that were not in.

Your club received no punishment for pulling out of the equivalent competition last year initiating the devaluation of the whole thing. You can't just take your ball home without sanction... oh hang on, it's speedway, of course you can

• Haha 1

Just now, iainb said:

Your club received no punishment for pulling out of the equivalent competition last year initiating the devaluation of the whole thing. You can't just take your ball home without sanction... oh hang on, it's speedway, of course you can

Yeah and given the farce it became that was such a shocking decision :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Just now, iainb said:

But it’s not really an equivalent competition is it.

Anyway they are hardly likely to throw the main sponsor out off a competition that just happen to own Glasgow now are they.

• Like 1

Just now, Gazc said:

But it’s not really an equivalent competition is it.

Anyway they are hardly likely to throw the main sponsor out off a competition that just happen to own Glasgow now are they.

It's the same competition, it just has a sponsor this year. 

How do you feel that you paid out to see your team qualify for a final and then they just pull out of it?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

How do you feel that you paid out to see your team qualify for a final and then they just pull out of it?

How is it the same competition?

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

So let’s see if I’m getting this it’s the same competition but with a totally different name and it’s not a jubilee year.

Struggling with that. 

Glasgow felt at the time it was inappropriate to continue under the sad passing off our Queen and to celebrate it as a jubilee cup, under the circumstances I thought at the time and still do that it was the correct thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

How is it the same competition?

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

So let’s see if I’m getting this it’s the same competition but with a totally different name and it’s not a jubilee year.

Struggling with that. 

Glasgow felt at the time it was inappropriate to continue under the sad passing off our Queen and to celebrate it as a jubilee cup, under the circumstances I thought at the time and still do that it was the correct thing to do.

Don't get bogged down in semantics my friends... doesn't matter whether you call it, recognise it as the same competition or not, Glasgow should not of gone without sanction for pulling out of last years competition, i know it, you know it, we all know it... Where's the sporting integrity? It just makes a mockery of a sport struggling to be taken seriously

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Don't get bogged down in semantics my friends... doesn't matter whether you call it, recognise it as the same competition or not, Glasgow should not of gone without sanction for pulling out of last years competition, i know it, you know it, we all know it... Where's the sporting integrity? It just makes a mockery of a sport struggling to be taken seriously

Listen I am not having a go at you but I don’t get were you are coming from but hey ho it’s all about opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Listen I am not having a go at you but I don’t get were you are coming from but hey ho it’s all about opinions.

It is a matter of objective fact that for almost 25 years the second tier has for most seasons consisted of a league competition, a knockout competition and a secondary competition featuring all tracks in regional mini leagues culminating in a final. The latter has had about six different names, but substantially has been the same competition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I just think if you enter a competition and you qualify for a final you owe it to your fans to compete in that final and that goes for Leicester and Poole too. If you are not punished for not competing in that final that sets a dangerous precedent. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1