British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday June 10th

Why oh why do they keep staging GP’s at rubbish tracks?.I cannot remember the last time I saw a decent GP meeting. They are dire most of the time.

Have I missed anything? :blink:

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Need the two Russian lads in this to make it interesting....

Artem and Emil would give Bartek a challenge. ..

Nobody else in this field will...

Agree, but not at this track.

Crap track and poor GP,but you have to hand it to Zmarzlik just gets stuck in and gets on with it.No excuses.

The track was dire. It is hard to argue otherwise.
But how can it be that 2 out of the 4 gates are graveyards? And to add insult to injury, the same was true last year. And it was the same two gates. I hate gate and go meetings but let's prepare the gates so that they are fair. I guess Bart can claim a victory given that he was the only rider to win a race from either gate 2 or 3. A pretty sad indictment. 

Can’t believe how poor Janowski has been this season all round even in Polish League he is looking slow.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

And the award for the most stupid statement belongs to??

Of course he has what’s required at this level 

Is he as good as he was … probably not so unlikely to be world champion.

He is however in 9th place so of course he is at the level required to be in a GP… he just isn’t a title contender anymore 

By your ridiculous analysis we should only have 6 or 7 riders in a GP as clearly riders like Dudek, Janowski , and Fricke aren’t up to the required level either 

Didn't qualify for this year's GP though

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think we can say the same about Magic. They've both had their best days now.

I don’t think Woffy is finished yet, but he has certainly gone backwards a little these last 2 years.Doyle looked done last year, but has fought back strong this year. No reasons Woffinden can’t do the same. 
 As for Janowski, I have never rated him as a potential world champion. Too inconsistent, particularly in Gp’s away from Poland.

Edited by gbrussell
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Didn't qualify for this year's GP though

Neither did Doyle or Vaculik and they are currently in the top 6…… Tai is in the worlds top 10 simply should be in the GP series 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, False dawn said:

The track was dire. It is hard to argue otherwise.
But how can it be that 2 out of the 4 gates are graveyards? And to add insult to injury, the same was true last year. And it was the same two gates. I hate gate and go meetings but let's prepare the gates so that they are fair. I guess Bart can claim a victory given that he was the only rider to win a race from either gate 2 or 3. A pretty sad indictment. 

Serious question…….. how do you prepare gates so they are equal?  It isn’t good the way things go at the moment so something needs to be done. Are equal gates achievable? Is it something that can be done in a short period of time ie on the day of the GP? Or is it a beginning of the season type of thing?

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Serious question…….. how do you prepare gates so they are equal?  It isn’t good the way things go at the moment so something needs to be done. Are equal gates achievable? Is it something that can be done in a short period of time ie on the day of the GP? Or is it a beginning of the season type of thing?

I’ve been asking myself that question for a while now. I guess that because gate 3 is often on the racing line, it can sometimes have no loose dirt at the start line. But we have seen GP’S where one gate other than 3 is totally useless. 

When the GP series started in 1995 I was suspicious of gates being doctored to suit whichever home rider had 2 starts from a particular gate and was the most likely rider to win.

Now as it seems to be happening very regularly I am suspicious of the series organisers doing this intentionally so as any one rider can’t go through the card unbeaten. 

Track prep to make it fair for all is what we all want but it looks unlikely.

Edited by gbrussell
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, gbrussell said:

I’ve been asking myself that question for a while now. I guess that because gate 3 is often on the racing line, it can sometimes have no loose dirt at the start line. But we have seen GP’S where one gate other than 3 is totally useless. 

When the GP series started in 1995 I was suspicious of gates being doctored to suit whichever home rider had 2 starts from a particular gate and was the most likely rider to win.

Now as it seems to be happening very regularly I am suspicious of the series organisers doing this intentionally so as any one rider can’t go through the card unbeaten. 

Track prep to make it fair for all is what we all want but it looks unlikely.

I think because gate 3 is normally on the racing line and the riders entering the 1st bend every lap means the is no loose dirt up to the 1st corner therefore no real drive after the  first 20-30 metres unless you can get across riders in gates 1-2 into the 1st bend.On saying that though you have 3.3/4laps to pass them.!!!

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think because gate 3 is normally on the racing line and the riders entering the 1st bend every lap means the is no dirt up to the 1st corner therefore no real drive after the  first 20-30 metres unless you can get across riders in gates 1-2 into the 1st bend.On saying that though you have 3.3/4laps to pass them.!!!

That's the key thing to me.

If you have a track that can actually be raced, the difference in the gates becomes much less important.

Obviously it would be nice if gates were equal, but if they have to focus on something, I'd prefer that to be preparing a track that enables passing rather than making sure gates are all equal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HenryW said:

That's the key thing to me.

If you have a track that can actually be raced, the difference in the gates becomes much less important.

Obviously it would be nice if gates were equal, but if they have to focus on something, I'd prefer that to be preparing a track that enables passing rather than making sure gates are all equal.

Agree.I think most fans that watch Polish speedway would agree that the tracks  are well prepared in general.