British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Redcar BSN SF 1st leg 17th May

lisa people on a speedway forum dont do "shots" maybe a sherry or dubonnet probably just a bottle of brown ale!!!

22 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Which is similar to ALL league meetings this year.B)

Correct

24 minutes ago, poole keith said:

lisa people on a speedway forum dont do "shots" maybe a sherry or dubonnet probably just a bottle of brown ale!!!

:D What no tequila kicking around? ;)

• Haha 1

The R/R's put this tie heavily in Poole's favour IMO which is a shame as it could/would have been very close with two full teams.

As an aside if a team in one semi can use a guest from a team in the other semi that'd be laughable and quite ridiculous. Although seeing as it's happened already in a three team group I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Bagpuss

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The R/R's put this tie heavily in Poole's favour IMO which is a shame as it could/would have been very close with two full teams.

As an aside if a team in one semi can use a guest from a team in the other semi that'd be laughable and quite ridiculous. Although seeing as it's happened already in a three team group I wouldn't be surprised.

I actually disagree with that, riding for another club in a semi, CAN'T hurt your own team. In previous years riders from play-off teams couldn't guest for other play-off teams despite once again not being able to hurt their own sides chances of winning.

In the league or BSN groups, you CAN stop your own team qualifying, which is what's rediculous, should be avoided as much as possible! A very simple option would've been stopping riders guesting for teams in the same group as their own.

Edited by szkocjasid

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I agree , King and Wright are capable of 15 each with 6 rides each, we should win but wont be as easy as some seem to think.

I don't think it will be easy for Poole, but I'm expecting a big win because they are very very good!

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Agree. Be interesting to see how they prepare the track. Hopefully they will just go with how the Poole riders want it. But must be tempting to try and do the opposite to how King likes it ;)

Edit - if anyone gets bored during the meeting, you could always take a shot every time they mention King making his return. Although you prob won't remember what happened the next day! :D

You know Danny King will have a good meeting, he will want to show we kept the wrong one. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think it will be easy for Poole, but I'm expecting a big win because they are very very good!

I hope it is a decent meeting for tv but with both the Cooks able to take an extra ride it should be a fairly comfortable win for us.

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I agree , King and Wright are capable of 15 each with 6 rides each, we should win but wont be as easy as some seem to think.

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I hope it is a decent meeting for tv but with both the Cooks able to take an extra ride it should be a fairly comfortable win for us.

Changed your mind already? ;)

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You know Danny King will have a good meeting, he will want to show we kept the wrong one. 

Which is fine. But some people in the media seem to go on and go about it and make it to be a bigger thing than it is. No offence to Danny but bigger names have been left out of the Poole team before and never been this much of an issue. They will prob go on about it tonight non stop but we will see! 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Changed your mind already? ;)

Which is fine. But some people in the media seem to go on and go about it and make it to be a bigger thing than it is. No offence to Danny but bigger names have been left out of the Poole team before and never been this much of an issue. They will prob go on about it tonight non stop but we will see! 

It should be comfortable but not as comfortable as some think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I actually disagree with that, riding for another club in a semi, CAN'T hurt your own team. In previous years riders from play-off teams couldn't guest for other play-off teams despite once again not being able to hurt their own sides chances of winning.

In the league or BSN groups, you CAN stop your own team qualifying, which is what's rediculous, should be avoided as much as possible! A very simple option would've been stopping riders guesting for teams in the same group as their own.

Hurting your own team wasn't the angle I was coming from really, more the integrity thing. Although I appreciate that ship has long, long since sailed.

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Unlike Plymouth last night, Redcar don't have a lot of guest options available for today. Puts a lot of pressure on to Bailey and Edwards imo. One of them needs to get 7+

Edit - scratch that. They pretty much had no guest options as Rory guesting for Edinburgh! Anyone else would have been quite far below Riss ave so maybe thought r/r better option.

Redcar could have used a Premiership rider who doesn't ride Championship with an average below 5.49 (8.24/1.5).

Jaimon Lidsey 5.16 would have been an option as Belle Vue are racing tomorrow.

• Like 1

You really need a full team to have any chance at Wimborne Road. Poole once again have struck lucky and face a weakened side.....

Home win tonight and by a decent margin . 

Redcar will do well to win the second leg by a small margin , especially if Riss is still out. 

Poole 55 Redcar 35 according to my crystal ball :D:D

Looks like the tide is in :D