British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Plymouth vs Birmingham : Championship : 16/05/2023

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Dan T would fit for Starke I think if doing a straight swap. But I don't know how good he is at Plymouth. 

The problem with Dan Thompson is that his average is built on riding 1 track well. Managed 4 points for Leicester at Plymouth last season.

Edited by Bendonebunching
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Dan T would fit for Starke I think if doing a straight swap. But I don't know how good he is at Plymouth. 

Does he ride in Poland U24? I assume kemp be no go for that reason. Starkey and turner for batch and another 2 pointer? Getting nothing from reserve anyway. Like I said difficult to work out best way forward, might need to drop someone doesn't deserve it to balance the side out. 

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Does he ride in Poland U24? I assume kemp be no go for that reason. Starkey and turner for batch and another 2 pointer? Getting nothing from reserve anyway. Like I said difficult to work out best way forward, might need to drop someone doesn't deserve it to balance the side out. 

I know Drew rides for a senior team in Poland at the weekend (same one as Dougy I think) and has been doing well apart from last Sunday when he got 2. Before that I think I have seen scores of 8 ish.So not sure if that rules him out of U24s or he can do both? Not sure if Dan does U24s. 

Turner protected, Trigger protected, Barker walks on water. The core of the Plymouth team is rotten and even with some track experts the morale will stay low. Mark Phillips defiance is both admiral and foolhardy. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Great win for the Brummies in the midst of all the tractor racing and power tripping!

Plus the air fence deflating again 

Good win for Brummies,but why they persevere with Nielsen is beyond me,does he finish a meeting without an injury.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Turner protected, Trigger protected, Barker walks on water. The core of the Plymouth team is rotten and even with some track experts the morale will stay low. Mark Phillips defiance is both admiral and foolhardy. 

Understand the Ben and Ben comments but what makes turner a protected rider

40 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Loud sound of chewing as humble pie eaten ... :D

Lucky if we hear the sound of silence.  Now let's hear how bad plymouth were to get BEAT by Birmingham. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

How can you say Ben Barker is protected ? If his scores were poor could understand but I’d argue he’s been our best rider so far this season and wouldn’t be suprised if he gets to number one at some point.

Ben Trigger is a 2 point rider and the most logical one. Gary may always seems to build a team with a 2 pointer in the team. They are not expected to score any points. 

The issue we have is not that trigger scores 1 point it’s the fact we carry two riders with a combined average of nearly 10. 

worrall, howarth, Barker and gilkes all pulling there weight. Trigger is doing as and what is expected.

Turner and Starke are not living up to what they can and that’s the issue. There’s no need to panic only 2 league matches in, very easy to be reactive

If starke and   Turner are replaced it would leave 9.32 and the issue potentially is that there are no riders that fit this points.

Gary and mark know what’s what and what is needed.

On top of the above speedway is not won or lost in the first few weeks. 

Do you really  believe that deep down are you happy with what your seeing I’m so passionate about my team and that’s why I’m so disappointed 2 home defeats on the trot out of 2 cup competitions by mid May, only the league left to play for and we get beat at home by the team who everyone predicted to be the worst team in the league and your not worried I’m sure mark and Garry will do the best they can they can’t ride the bikes for them but surely they must be very concerned because your home meetings are the ones where you need to please your paying public do you really at the moment see us getting any aggregate bonus points.

16 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Do you really  believe that deep down are you happy with what your seeing I’m so passionate about my team and that’s why I’m so disappointed 2 home defeats on the trot out of 2 cup competitions by mid May, only the league left to play for and we get beat at home by the team who everyone predicted to be the worst team in the league and your not worried I’m sure mark and Garry will do the best they can they can’t ride the bikes for them but surely they must be very concerned because your home meetings are the ones where you need to please your paying public do you really at the moment see us getting any aggregate bonus points.

Yes we lost to Birmingham at home but no I’m not panicking yet. No need to over react. I didn't see people over reacting when we beat poole and Scunthorpe at home.

do I think 2 changes unless they pull there finger out are necessary probably.

could I tell you two riders to fill the void probably not so it’s a case of seeing what Gary and mark can do. 

no point changing for the sake of changing riders. 

we get the changes correct and have a good rest of season before you know it we will be in the play offs.

Was clear that with such a top heavy side the bottom four needed to pull their weight and when they dont their in trouble. Gilkes has been more than decent considering coming back from injury and put at 2, the other three absolute waste of time. 

Cant understand why Barker is getting a bashing?

The worst thing about tracking a team that doesn't win at home is the crowd will walk away. Crowd numbers don't look as good as last season although that's looking on the stream so I may be wrong on that. Starke and Trigger need to be replaced, as much as I see young Ben having a good future in the sport, he's just not there and needs a season or two in the NL to be top rider there first. Starke has disappointed, I had higher hopes but so far just nowhere near it. 

Unless the promotion do something significant Plymouth will be more wooden spoon contenders not playoff ones.

11 hours ago, *JJ said:

Loud sound of chewing as humble pie eaten ... :D

Not really....had no idea that they wasn't using a guest for Howarth....I'm sure had he been riding, he would've scored more than his replacement/s score of 3 ?

i'm pleased that we've won, but let's not kid ourselves, luck was on our side for once.

Lets see what tonight brings!?

P.S Can't find yours or Pete CC's posts about predicting a win last night ??? :rofl:

Edited by GiveusaB