British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Plymouth vs Birmingham : Championship : 16/05/2023

TEAMS

PLYMOUTH 'Gladiators'                   BIRMINGHAM 'Brummies'

1 : Guest/Rider Replacement ?      1 : Nick Morris

2 : Dan Gilkes                                    2 : Alfie Bowtell

3 : Paul Starke                                   3 : Paco Castagna (G)

4 : Ben Barker (C)                             4 : Stefan Nielsen

5 : Richie Worrall                              5 : Justin Sedgmen

6 : Lee Complin (G)                          6 : Joe Thompson

7 : Ben Trigger                                  7 : James Pearson

Predictions guys?

It you are unable to make it to the stadium to watch the meeting in person, Gladiators TV are live streaming the meeting.  The stream costs £11.99, with the stream starting at 6:45pm from https://www.gladiatorslive.com

Edited by SpeedwayPortal

Predictions, If it's rr at No1 for Plymouth then I can't see any way that Plymouth can win this meeting, I personally think this meeting will depend on how Complin goes if he does well Plymouth win, if he struggles then The Brummies should win.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Predictions, If it's rr at No1 for Plymouth then I can't see any way that Plymouth can win this meeting, I personally think this meeting will depend on how Complin goes if he does well Plymouth win, if he struggles then The Brummies should win.

Birmingham aren't the strongest side, so Plymouth should still win using r/r imo

• Like 1

8 hours ago, heathen52 said:

We'll be lucky to keep it respectable !

Edited by GiveusaB

8 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Great opportunity for Bowtell to leave a reminder.....

• Like 1

Is Turners injury longer term or just sore from last week? Certainly not worth a risk on a night when the Gladiators could be competitive at reserve

What's on James Wright's new sick note? "Anxiety"? Presumably at the prospect of visiting the track where he got himself injured at the start of the season? The fans were assured that he was fit and would be racing again tomorrow, but instead, we have Paco in as a guest. Nothing against Paco, per se, but just how do these "facility" rules work for a rider who has not ridden a race for the club this year or even featured in a team photo yet?

So a rider wants to return from injury to racing on his home track first!? Nothing wrong with that...............:t:

This might be the best chance we have of a win so far. 

I'm hopeful of a 46 to 44 with Morra and Sedge nicking it over the last few heats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So a rider wants to return from injury to racing on his home track first!? Nothing wrong with that...............:t:

The guy is fit. We've been told that. So, what you've described would be the definition of "withholding his services" which would qualify for a facility, and a 28-day ban, whilst the facility continues. So that's how they've done it. Cool wheeze LR! All in the best interests of British Speedway. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It's one that has always puzzled me to be honest. Not sure you can be unfit one night and fit the next. Good old British Speedway.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's one that has always puzzled me to be honest. Not sure you can be unfit one night and fit the next. Good old British Speedway.

Doctors certificate till Wed would be my answer.

• Like 1

Or maybe some people who knows better, should keep quiet on certain things? 

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

The guy is fit. We've been told that. So, what you've described would be the definition of "withholding his services" which would qualify for a facility, and a 28-day ban, whilst the facility continues. So that's how they've done it. Cool wheeze LR! All in the best interests of British Speedway. :rolleyes:

Birmingham got a similar benefit last season, once Vissing left & the 28 day "withholding his services" ban ended, they just carried on with guests & r/r, whereas Leicester had to sign a replacement for Rowe when he left!

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

What's on James Wright's new sick note? "Anxiety"? Presumably at the prospect of visiting the track where he got himself injured at the start of the season? The fans were assured that he was fit and would be racing again tomorrow, but instead, we have Paco in as a guest. Nothing against Paco, per se, but just how do these "facility" rules work for a rider who has not ridden a race for the club this year or even featured in a team photo yet?

If that's the case what's wrong with it? Lots of people go off work with anxiety, why would a Speedway rider be treated shy differently?