British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Belle Vue vs Wolves (KOC) 18/5/23

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

Bottom line is of course that if the Promoter's themselves dont see their competition's relevant enough to have their own riders there,

You want Belle Vue and Wolves to tell Great Britain and Germany that they can't pick their riders?  And Wolves to tell Becker not to be so soft as it's only a broken bone?

Edited by PotteringAround

5 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

You want Belle Vue and Wolves to tell Great Britain and Germany that they can't pick their riders?  And Wolves to tell Becker not to be so soft as it's only a broken bone?

Schedule the meeting for a different date perhaps?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Schedule the meeting for a different date perhaps?

The European meeting?

Couldn't schedule the KO Cup for a different date as it had been rained off twice and they were told it had to be completed this week to allow the semi-finals to go ahead.

8 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

The European meeting?

Couldn't schedule the KO Cup for a different date as it had been rained off twice and they were told it had to be completed this week to allow the semi-finals to go ahead.

No not the Euro meeting :rolleyes:

If that was the case then fair enough. It's a good general point about having riders there though, people don't want guests and R/R where it can be avoided. 

2 hours ago, SPD444 said:

Always on the lookout for good restaurants, sounds like the windmill would be good choice when I am up for the Aces so can you confirm the address please.8

Hulme Road, Denton, Manchester M34 2WZ

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That's quite an accusation.

Not an accusation merely a question - note the word 'maybe' and the question mark at the end!!

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

Having only 10, out of the 14 riders who should have been there riding, was never going to stimulate much interest.. 

Add in the score from the first leg and an off night for BV and the crowd was always going to be lower than usual..

Bottom line is of course that if the Promoter's themselves dont see their competition's relevant enough to have their own riders there, then the fans understandably can feel the same, and be "elsewhere" too...

all the reasons you said maybe correct, but didn't stop me from enjoying a few good races and understand there are still a few riders who put in effort whatever the circumstances.:t:

Edited by DazS
  • Like 2

I know Rory Schlein is bobbing on a bit but the programme last night said that he was born in 1684 :rofl:

Explains a lot!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not an accusation merely a question - note the word 'maybe' and the question mark at the end!!

Insinuation then! 

Highly unlikely I'd have thought.

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe more about the Redcar v Poole 2nd leg ko cuptie on Saturday!!!!?

I didn't watch the stream. What happened? Sounds like Charles did a dodgy move on Zach going by Blobby's post? 

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, DazS said:

all the reasons you said maybe correct, but didn't stop me from enjoying a few good races and understand there are still a few riders who put in effort whatever the circumstances.:t:

Indeed...

It is a shame that the actual product (which is a good as at anytime I have watched it), is so undermined by such nonsense as having 4 out of 10 riders not there, (in this instance)...

It wont change though sadly, any time soon...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

The European meeting?

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hulme Road, Denton, Manchester M34 2WZ

Cheers, Thanks Phil.