British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Panthers v Stars 22/05/23

2 hours ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

He’s awful and has to go, for someone with so much track knowledge he makes more mistakes than not when choosing certain lines to ride. He is beyond poor. If he stays and goes to reserve then that won’t make a difference in my opinion. Needs too call it a day, clearly not upto it by a long way anymore 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Agree.

It makes our team weaker if he stays and moves to reserve, Just has to call it a day imo because he's not going to turn it around as we've already heard numerous excuses from him over last season and this season whether it's engines, lack of meetings etc.

Why does Hans "need to call it a day"? As long as he enjoys riding Speedway & a club is willing to sign him, why shouldn't he carry on? It's not like he's forced Peterborough to sign him, of they think they can be stronger without him, they have the option to replace him!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Why does Hans "need to call it a day"? As long as he enjoys riding Speedway & a club is willing to sign him, why shouldn't he carry on? It's not like he's forced Peterborough to sign him, of they think they can be stronger without him, they have the option to replace him!

Because age has caught up with him, May as well call it a day now while he's still in one piece instead of carrying on considering how dangerous this sport can be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TTT said:

Because age has caught up with him, May as well call it a day now while he's still in one piece instead of carrying on considering how dangerous this sport can be.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but any rider could get injured as it's a dangerous sport.

8 hours ago, TTT said:

Certainly his best days are behind him, however at the start of the season he was scoring wise your top rider!

He does appear to have dipped in recent meetings however. First the first time this season last night you had the benefit of a proper No 1 and it showed!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Peterborough worthy winners last night. We were as poor as feared. 

Klindt abysmal and Jorgensen not much better after being in the mix in his first ride. KK did at least win a race I guess but looked slow doing so and was pretty much a road block that caused Jakobsen to go into the back of Andersen. 

Tofty saved the bonus point and was great entertainment. 

Ben Cook superb for the Panthers. Said after the Leicester v Poole final at Lynn that I’d have been pleased to see him ride for us. He’s impressed me on the two subsequent times I’ve seen him as well. Impressed with Jordan Jenkins who rode well as meeting progressed.

Much better than the dross we’re getting served up from supposed 6/7 point riders.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Hans has been a loyal servant to British Speedway when many have disappeared. He may not be the rider he once was but if you take him for what he now is you know he's going to be there for fixtures when many others won't be

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I understand the point you're trying to make, but any rider could get injured as it's a dangerous sport.

I get that.

But is it worth risking for a struggling rider who's in his 40's knowing he's got no long term future in the sport?

I'd be calling it a day and making sure I get out in one piece if I was in his position as I wouldn't see the value in continuing at that age just for a 2-4 point return per an evening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TTT said:

I get that.

But is it worth risking for a struggling rider who's in his 40's knowing he's got no long term future in the sport?

I'd be calling it a day and making sure I get out in one piece if I was in his position as I wouldn't see the value in continuing at that age just for a 2-4 point return per an evening.

Said rider might only score a few points per meeting, but how many is he actually being paid for in his contract?
If he is on a guarantee of say 7 points, you might as well keep going unless you are dropped.

Most top riders nowadays are probably on a decent downside guarantee, clubs can’t afford it but hey ho.

How do Peterborough fans feel about Richie Worrall missing matches due to “injury” when he then starts posting pictures on social media of him living it up on holiday ? 

7 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

How do Peterborough fans feel about Richie Worrall missing matches due to “injury” when he then starts posting pictures on social media of him living it up on holiday ? 

I wouldn't have a problem if i was a Peterborough fan as long as the injury is proven and carries a sick note.Why not go on holiday if you can't race,probably the most perfect time to go.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I wouldn't have a problem if i was a Peterborough fan as long as the injury is proven and carries a sick note.Why not go on holiday if you can't race,probably the most perfect time to go.

Well in my world if I was off work sick and I decided to go on holiday think my boss and my work colleagues would have something to say  about it on my return if I was posting on social media while on holiday

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Well in my world if I was off work sick and I decided to go on holiday think my boss and my work colleagues would have something to say  about it on my return if I was posting on social media while on holiday

I would think Worrall's work is much different to yours:blink:.If he has got a bad wrist or whatever,a broken bone and he can't hold onto a bike do you think he should remain at home at all time or something?This is speedway,not a desk job.I have been to many speedway meetings for instance when i was on crutches and other reasons having sick notes to cover my absences.Just because i wasn't fit enough to do my job they didn't expect me to stay in all the time.I have too have been on holiday while off sick,recovering from some minor heart surgery.I couldn't physically do my job,but as my manager put it a good holiday will help in your recovery i'm sure.Even better when your on full pay and not using your holiday entitlement:t::D

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I'd be replacing him anyway tbh 

51 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

He’s doing us a favour being on holiday so hopefully it’s an extended break 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I would think Worrall's work is much different to yours:blink:.If he has got a bad wrist or whatever,a broken bone and he can't hold onto a bike do you think he should remain at home at all time or something?This is speedway,not a desk job.I have been to many speedway meetings for instance when i was on crutches and other reasons having sick notes to cover my absences.Just because i wasn't fit enough to do my job they didn't expect me to stay in all the time.I have too have been on holiday while off sick,recovering from some minor heart surgery.I couldn't physically do my job,but as my manager put it a good holiday will help in your recovery i'm sure.Even better when your on full pay and not using your holiday entitlement:t::D

Spot on.

Speedway riders are self employed, if they can't work due to injury then why not get away while you can. Common sense I'd have thought.

If the insinuation is that he's not inured then that's a different matter entirely.

• Like 3