British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Scunny league 24th May

With r/r at 2 meaning Douglas in heat 8, I'd have been tempted to go with: Lawson at 2, Rowe at 3 & Ben Cook at 5.

I'm expecting a big win, so don't think the Pirates have anything to worry about & gives Ben a shot at heat 13 to see how much he's improved!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So to coincide with the start of Poole's Championship League programme, 'PiratecastLive' returns on YouTube live at 7pm this Thursday, 25th May.

Special guest will be Pirate sensation Ben Cook, so join Lee and Ben LIVE at 7 with your questions and comments for Ben Cook.

Brilliant to see Lee back in the fold

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eric i said:

No doubt, I believe they run the club well and make a profit/don't lose money like some clubs. It seems odd though to move down a league and complain other teams can't build a stronger enough side.

I think the main reason for dropping a league was the fans like Wednesday night racing. Home matches on two Mondays on the trot followed by a Thursday then a two week gap etc, fans had no idea of when any changes of day would arise. 

If fans want Wednesdays and turn up in numbers that gives you funds to invest in the team, plus bigger crowds should bring in more sponsorship. 

Easypeasy this promoting lark 

Build a decent team with hopefully good exciting racing

Ride home meetings on the same day of the week with only the odd change.

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The other Clubs keep voting too weaken the League though,that’s their fault that they can’t build strong Teams

It doesn't really matter what the points limit is, the clubs with the most money to pay the riders i.e Glasgow and Poole get their pick of riders. Glasgow and Poole are 1st division clubs that are in champ due to various reasons(geography/race nights).

7 minutes ago, eric i said:

It doesn't really matter what the points limit is, the clubs with the most money to pay the riders i.e Glasgow and Poole get their pick of riders. Glasgow and Poole are 1st division clubs that are in champ due to various reasons(geography/race nights).

What’s the point of paying lesser riders the same money.The Clubs with money will always pay better rates.So why drop the points limit.They should put aCap on riders wages,but we all know that Self Interest with Promoters kicks in too the detriment of the Sport.It will never Change .

ps Glasgow Promotion put their money into redevelopment of the Stadium.don’t think they throw money away now.They have good Sponsors( not counting themselves).

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

With r/r at 2 meaning Douglas in heat 8, I'd have been tempted to go with: Lawson at 2, Rowe at 3 & Ben Cook at 5.

I'm expecting a big win, so don't think the Pirates have anything to worry about & gives Ben a shot at heat 13 to see how much he's improved!

I think they will keep the Ben and Zach pairing together for as long as possible! But would be funny if they swapped it just for this one meeting, as you would have HLs at no2 and second strings at 3! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I think they will keep the Ben and Zach pairing together for as long as possible! But would be funny if they swapped it just for this one meeting, as you would have HLs at no2 and second strings at 3! 

Ben Cook 16+2 for Peterborough tonite!!:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ben Cook 15+2 for Peterborough tonite!!:t:

So far, he in H15..

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

What’s the point of paying lesser riders the same money.The Clubs with money will always pay better rates.So why drop the points limit.They should put aCap on riders wages,but we all know that Self Interest with Promoters kicks in too the detriment of the Sport.It will never Change .

ps Glasgow Promotion put their money into redevelopment of the Stadium.don’t think they throw money away now.They have good Sponsors( not counting themselves).

I don't know why they reduced the points limit but it is irrelevant to the point I was making, a higher points wouldn't result in a more evenly balanced teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ben Cook 15+2 for Peterborough tonite!!:t:

Okay, so 16+2! Good night's work for Ben and Zach got 5+1 as well. Haven't checked the other 2 properly yet! 

Edit- no one noticed I messed up Zach's score then! Only on a Monday would I think 3+2=7 lol

Edited by lisa-colette

That did not look good for the anointed one. Fingers crossed nothing major

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, so 16+2! Good night's work for Ben and Zach got 7 as well. Haven't checked the other 2 properly yet! 

Big heat 15 crash for Rocket man!! Fingers crossed.

Big crash for Richard Lawson in heat 15 at Leicester. 

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Big heat 15 crash for Rocket man!! Fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Big crash for Richard Lawson in heat 15 at Leicester. 

:(

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That did not look good for the anointed one. Fingers crossed nothing major

Fingers crossed he is okay.