British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

SGP 3 and SGP 4 Malilla 14th/15th July

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nice of him to throw is money at an Aussie when there’s young Brits desperate for any help. As I always suspected, the tattoo is proof enough.

I don't think he's ever denied his allegiances towards Australia has he? He literally spends all winter in Australia guiding a lot of these kids - yet you expect him to give his money to a British kid he's never worked with before?

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nice of him to throw is money at an Aussie when there’s young Brits desperate for any help. As I always suspected, the tattoo is proof enough.

Read his book, he pulls no punches, he says he is an ‘Ozzie’ so he’s an Ozzie !

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

The more I see of the 250cc engines the more i think 500cc engines are not the future for Speedway.

Quite why WBD decided to hold this on a Friday afternoon I'm not quite sure? Also a shame they couldn't be arsed to change the captions as I wasn't quite sure if there was going to be 2 semis and a final like the captions said or 20 heats as the commentators said, also wasn't sure if it was a one off meeting as the caption said it was SGP3 Round 1.

Is SGP4 being shown tomorrow?

This is what i posted on this thread on Monday

SGP 4 i am pretty sure will not be televised.

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

This is what i posted on this thread on Monday

SGP 4 i am pretty sure will not be televised.

It wasn't on the captions at the end of SGP3... but then Tatum said please try and catch up with SGP4 on Saturday morning! Not quite sure how he expects us to do that? How long have WBD got the Speedway contract for? The sooner they're out of our sport the better!

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

It wasn't on the captions at the end of SGP3... but then Tatum said please try and catch up with SGP4 on Saturday morning! Not quite sure how he expects us to do that? How long have WBD got the Speedway contract for? The sooner they're out of our sport the better!

10 years is the contract length, and as the meeting starts at 2.30pm local- 1.30pm UK time it`s hardly possible to show it in the morning. The meeting takes place on the 150M training track( straights 8M, bends 11.5M.) very soon after the GP qualifying ends. 

The best we can hope for is a FIM video after the event

Edited by racers and royals
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The meeting takes place on the 150M training track( straights 8M, bends 11.5M.) 

Banking %? :D

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

Banking %? :D

Kelv will tell you that - the track could be clearly seen in the drone footage- it`s behind the main stand.

You weren`t complaining about Kelv earlier surely ??? :)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

No comms on Discovery + ??

Commentary loud and clear on my Discovery+

I think the Danish management need to teach Mikkel Andersen how to react when one looses. 
Well done William Cairns, such a tough last ride for him.        
I like the effort the other Brit, Cooper Rushen, put in. Like his style too, be nice to see how he develops on a 500.

it seems some hatred for WBD….. why is that? They bringing world speedway to British screens, plus some Premier matches and the British Championship

Edited by OveFundinFan

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Commentary loud and clear on my Discovery+

I think the Danish management need to teach Mikkel Andersen how to react when one looses. 
Well done William Cairns, such a tough last ride for him.        
I like the effort the other Brit, Cooper Rushen, put in. Like his style too, be nice to see how he develops on a 500.

it seems some hatred for WBD….. why is that? They bringing world speedway to British screens, plus some Premier matches and the British Championship

It was a very strange reaction from Andersen wasn't it, one moment he was doing wheelies then he looked suicidal then he was smiling spraying the champagne then he looked suicidal again... I think a lot of it was an act on how he thought he should have been seen to react

We mustn't forget these are children, i found some of it quite uncomfortable viewing especially the crash between Pedersen and Miller, do we really need to see these kids in tears with TV cameras thrust into their faces? It's borderline child exploitation... just show me the racing

Edited by iainb
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, DazS said:

think they are the teams they ride for in a Swedish league?

The 250cc league is a Nordic league, not a Swedish league.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

The 250cc league is a Nordic league, not a Swedish league.

thought i heard a Swedish guy interviewed said they only country that had a 250 cc league, could of heard it wrong:t: