British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Scunthorpe Championship 26/5/23

23 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I know Edinburgh we’re under strength 

but how poor was Kyle Bickley 

Bickley has reached his level that his talent will allow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Bickley is poor.

Couldn’t expect much more when it’s such a patched up team. Richie gave his all as always and got a decent return. Leon Flint tried his best too but such a late call up and on unfamiliar machinery was always going to be tricky. Disappointing showing at reserve but Mountain is so strong down there. The promotion need to be thinking about making a change for Bickley - not sure who’s available but he’s not even contending in heats. 

5 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Couldn’t expect much more when it’s such a patched up team. Richie gave his all as always and got a decent return. Leon Flint tried his best too but such a late call up and on unfamiliar machinery was always going to be tricky. Disappointing showing at reserve but Mountain is so strong down there. The promotion need to be thinking about making a change for Bickley - not sure who’s available but he’s not even contending in heats. 

Bickley has been a disappointment for the last 3 seasons no real progress,happy to beat juniors In NDL.He is still young but has had plenty of track  time here and in Poland.

5 hours ago, eide67 said:

Well that's because he doesn't ride in Italy every other week. As far as I know he only rides there for the Italian Championship and any other individual meetings he is in that happen to be staged in Italy (like tomorrow's SGP qualifier). Why on earth would he keep a separate set of bikes in Italy? If he could have ridden at Armadale tonight and still been able to ride in Italy tomorrow, then I'm sure he would have.

And yet you think Tom has bikes on the continent. :blink:

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Kyle really struggled tonight, way off the pace.

On the plus side I thought there was some excellent racing tonight. Well done to Scunthorpe.

24 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Surely Cookie should have let Edinburgh know earlier,why was Leon on unfamiliar machinery?

5 hours ago, eide67 said:

Well that's because he doesn't ride in Italy every other week. As far as I know he only rides there for the Italian Championship and any other individual meetings he is in that happen to be staged in Italy (like tomorrow's SGP qualifier). Why on earth would he keep a separate set of bikes in Italy? If he could have ridden at Armadale tonight and still been able to ride in Italy tomorrow, then I'm sure he would have.

Do you genuinely think that Paco has no decent machinery in Italy.I’m pretty sure as an “ International” rider that he is he will have bikes at Home.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Surely Cookie should have let Edinburgh know earlier,why was Leon on unfamiliar machinery?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Kyle really struggled tonight, way off the pace.

On the plus side I thought there was some excellent racing tonight. Well done to Scunthorpe.

He's been poor in every meeting i've seen tbh. No harm to the lad but his 0,0,0,0 returns heap pressure on Jacob and we should be looking to bring someone else in.

32 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

He's been poor in every meeting i've seen tbh. No harm to the lad but his 0,0,0,0 returns heap pressure on Jacob and we should be looking to bring someone else in.

While Bickley has been poor, baring a few meetings where he looked to have improved a little, he's on a 2 point something average so you can't really expect that much, Hook however for me has been dire this season particularly at Armadale, just seems to have gone backwards this season, and that's riding at what should be the slighty easier number 7 position!

The big question however is who the hell is out there that could come in and make any difference?

Edited by spt82

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

And yet you think Tom has bikes on the continent. :blink:

Brennan is with Lodz in Poland, so I would expect he has bikes available on mainland Europe in addtion to his UK based kit.

44 minutes ago, tweedcider said:

Kieron Douglas worth a try at reserve?

Can't tell if that's a joke? Drop a 9.5 NL rider who struggles in the Champ for a 4.00 NL rider?