British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Peterborough v Leicester 29/05/23

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Can’t believe he pulled out for that lol

9e084f0d-e2ae-48c9-8303-58325af875ac.jpeg

Better gloves or hand guards would prevent a small bruise like that. They hurt in your body too but that's usually better protected. There used to be nuts and bolts on the Lynn track and they used to hurt! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Can’t believe he pulled out for that lol

9e084f0d-e2ae-48c9-8303-58325af875ac.jpeg

I seen him heading into the female toilets as well ,before meeting started 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Better gloves or hand guards would prevent a small bruise like that. They hurt in your body too but that's usually better protected. There used to be nuts and bolts on the Lynn track and they used to hurt! 

I agree..the Motocross gloves they wear now have zero protection on..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Thats a broken finger I feel, not going comment on if he could have continued to ride or not - but I have had broken fingers and also a thumb at various times playing rugby / football and I can assure you it is very painful and can restrict hand usage / co-ordination etc

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, The Dog said:

The one rider who has shown loyalty in spades to British speedway despite being shat on from a great height at times, and you call him deluded for chasing a dream to be the best he can whilst trying to earn a living? 

I know who's deluded... 

You pays your money and you takes your choice. 

He's either the saviour of British Speedway because he'll take any booking that's going, for any team, even late notice when his "own" teams meeting has been cancelled a few hours beforehand...

Or, along with others,  he's made a complete mockery of Speedway as a team sport in the UK. Driving hundreds and thousands away from the sport. 

That's bigger picture stuff. On this occasion as Captain of the Leicester Lions speedway team he should have been at the EoEA to Captain his team imo. The team that gives him the bread and butter of his earnings. There's never been a queue of foreign clubs wanting to sign him even when he was at the top of his game. 

He's (been allowed to) become a running joke within our sport and when he's riding for a club you don't follow its all very funny, when he's riding for a club you do follow and is the so called Captain of that team, patience starts to wear thin. 

Lions got lucky last night that Basso broke a finger nail and pulled out, otherwise it would have been a Panthers victory.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, iainb said:

Carl Johnson said on last weeks podcast that there would be an announcement about a new signing

Ah.. just what we all need..an Announcement about an Announcement 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Octoberon said:

Ah.. just what we all need..an Announcement about an Announcement 

Can you confirm if you swept the pits, took down the air fence or cleaned the toilets if not please don't comment you are not allowed

Apparently they have tried very hard to get someone in to make an announcement but nobody is available.

Edited by Hackney
  • Like 1

As a neutral, I thought last nights meeting was very good, and but for the injury to Basso, I think Peterborough would have won, as his IRR points only totalled one.

I read certainly people being critical about Richie Worrall on this forum, but to be honest, I think he looks okay.

Obviously you need a No 1, as has been well documented.  I've seen Rohan Tungate mentioned, but I personally think that Kasprzak would be worth a gamble, as the East of England Arena would have suited his style of racing, and I'm sure he'd be as good as anyone else who's been suggested, at home anyway.

Anyway, I wish the club all the luck in the world for the rest of the season, and give them the support they need whilst you can.     

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Thats a broken finger I feel, not going comment on if he could have continued to ride or not - but I have had broken fingers and also a thumb at various times playing rugby / football and I can assure you it is very painful and hand restrict hand usage / co-ordination etc

Well he has pulled out of Glasgow vs Redcar and gone back to Denmark for treatment.

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well he has pulled out of Glasgow vs Redcar and gone back to Denmark for treatment.

See it’s serious injury , unlucky to say the least, bad timing for peterborough

26 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I read certainly people being critical about Richie Worrall on this forum, but to be honest, I think he looks okay. 

Was a strange decision to use MPT in 15 as Worrall had just won heat 14 comfortably

3 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

I seen him heading into the female toilets as well ,before meeting started 

if you are going to make things up at least try and attempt to write a sentence otherwise people will think you are just a :icon_smile_clown:

35 minutes ago, iainb said:

Was a strange decision to use MPT in 15 as Worrall had just won heat 14 comfortably

MPT was obviously quicker and knows the lines better than Worrall.  It nearly paid off but Iversen wasn't looking for his partner and his mistakes meant Fricke could come through.

Just now, Noodles said:

MPT was obviously quicker and knows the lines better than Worrall.  It nearly paid off but Iversen wasn't looking for his partner and his mistakes meant Fricke could come through.

Frustrating because them two did exactly the same in heat 13, I guess that’s what happens when you get two riders riding together that rarely do 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:11 AM, Mimmo said:

As a neutral, I thought last nights meeting was very good, and but for the injury to Basso, I think Peterborough would have won, as his IRR points only totalled one.

Obviously you need a No 1, as has been well documented.  I've seen Rohan Tungate mentioned, but I personally think that Kasprzak would be worth a gamble, as the East of England Arena would have suited his style of racing, and I'm sure he'd be as good as anyone else who's been suggested, at home anyway.

Anyway, I wish the club all the luck in the world for the rest of the season, and give them the support they need whilst you can.     

KK can perform on any track on any day of the week, it's just whether he feels like it at the time. Have seen him several times as a number 1 run 2 lasts and then make everyone look like an amateur in the next 3 races. A very likeable chap but ultimately frustrating at times 

• Like 1