British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Peterborough v Leicester 29/05/23

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Panthers should win this. Hope Hans bows out with a good meeting at reserve 

Can see lions victory, pitty Harris absent but good guest anyway ,bring it on lads

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

This meeting was only arranged six days ago so you can hardly blame Harris for being elsewhere.

Whether he should be in the qualifier or not is up for debate but if he was asked/qualified then you can't blame him for accepting. Good for him that he's still ambitious in the twighlight of his career. I expect he has his eye on the SWC and why shouldn't he?

Somebody is at fault. Harris was scheduled to miss the original staging apparently as he's chasing his equally deluded dream of becoming World Longtrack Champion. 

It's going to take a truly exceptional set of circumstances for him to become world speedway champion... or even make the GP's.

He should really be showing some loyalty as Captain of the team to Leicester and British Speedway and the leagues that provide him with the majority of his income at the expense of the credibility of the sport in this country. 

Leicester should not have taken the fixture but as @mikebv said it's not effecting the home gate so stuff the Leicester fan! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Somebody is at fault. Harris was scheduled to miss the original staging apparently as he's chasing his equally deluded dream of becoming World Longtrack Champion. 

It's going to take a truly exceptional set of circumstances for him to become world speedway champion... or even make the GP's.

He should really be showing some loyalty as Captain of the team to Leicester and British Speedway and the leagues that provide him with the majority of his income at the expense of the credibility of the sport in this country. 

Leicester should not have taken the fixture but as @mikebv said it's not effecting the home gate so stuff the Leicester fan! 

I have sympathy with the Longtrack thing  it's a completely different sport IMO and he shouldn't be missing speedway fixtures for that, nor should any kind of facility be granted. The problem with today is that teams can rearrange meetings willy nilly because guests are handed out like confetti, if it was R/R or a junior then I suspect they wouldn't have accepted the booking. Chris Harris is and aways was racing in Germany or wherever today, as with the majority of speedway's issues the problem lies with the system and the governance of the sport. It all needs tightening up massively.

• Like 5

Get the feeling as well that the Bates family have thrown Leicester under the bus for today's meeting just to help Sheffield, 

The Tigers were the original visitors but were missing 3 riders, they no doubt requested a postponement,  but were told find another club to take your place and its ok , 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Get the feeling as well that the Bates family have thrown Leicester under the bus for today's meeting just to help Sheffield, 

The Tigers were the original visitors but were missing 3 riders, they no doubt requested a postponement,  but were told find another club to take your place and its ok , 

I often see a Bates walking around the terraces at Leicester... he's usually on the phone and very rarely watching the racing... makes you wonder what they're in it for?

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Panthers should win this. Hope Hans bows out with a good meeting at reserve 

Believe it or not he is joint top with Basso for home heat wins up until now on 4. Nothing to shout about i know. If it is his last meeting for you, i hope he can add a few more  wins to that tonight riding at 6, and bow out on a good meeting.

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Believe it or not he is joint top with Basso for home heat wins up until now on 4. Nothing to shout about i know. If it is his last meeting for you, i hope he can add a few more  wins to that tonight riding at 6, and bow out on a good meeting.

We'll have him at Leicester... at least he's a captain that turns out for his team

Jesus, Let it go mate...no one can ever question Bombers commitment...I wish there were more riders that I'd pay to watch like him...plus Panthers need all the help they can get so I really hope your guest has an absolute stinker..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Jesus, Let it go mate...no one can ever question Bombers commitment...I wish there were more riders that I'd pay to watch like him...plus Panthers need all the help they can get so I really hope your guest has an absolute stinker..

I'm not the messiah... you're telling me to let it go lol... coming from somebody who's contributed to over 400 pages of drivel on the Peterborough thread I'll take no advice from you. Btw we'll still give you a beating without our so called skipper

Edited by iainb

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm not the messiah... you're telling me to let it go lol... coming from somebody who's contributed to over 400 pages of drivel on the Peterborough thread I'll take no advice from you. Btw we'll still give you a beating without our so called skipper

Fighting talk !

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

No I'm with Iain here, however I do think that Harris missing means Panthers win this. 

Dare to dream of back to back wins for the first time since 2021

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have to take advantage of this golden gift tonight, We wouldn't have stood a chance against a fully fit Leicester 1-7 due to how well Harris and Lawson go around our place, One of them is missing the meeting tonight while the other isn't 100%.

Come on you Panthers, Don't let this one slip. Panthers 47 - 43 Lions

Surprised to see so many people having us down as favourites.

A team with Fricke, Sedgemen, Lawson, Howarth and Morris will be very difficutl to beat. Jake Allen will rack up a lot of points at reserve.

Panthers 40-50 Leicester.

2 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Must win for us but can see Leicester nicking it 43-47

Oh and fwiw if it was last weeks team we’d win this meeting comfortably but with the holiday blogger back off his travels and no number 1 that will be our undoing