British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King’s Lynn v Sheffield 01/06/23

You would think people to to watch the racing,, not to fill a chart in,,, and to not go because they might not be able to fill one part of their chart in,, I find is totally weird... strange people. I often hate myself for mixing in the same circles as these. 

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

What's a number 1? We're used to watching your 3rd best rider as our number 1

At least you have plenty of number 2’s though :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I read they are giving away some free air horns and whistles for this meeting,,,, strangely reading people might not go cos it may be too loud or they might not hear the times,,,, what a bunch of nerds 

More noise the better for me.. The atmosphere was as flat as a witches  t*t last week.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

More noise the better for me.. The atmosphere was as flat as a witches twit last week.

Agree,the more noise the better.That is what makes Cardiff the occasion it is.The atmosphere is electric at Cardiff and that is with the racing being naff half the time.

Who are these people saying all this.Blimey if you don't hear the times ask someone beside you I'm sure they will help.I have to do that half the time as I am normally chatting when the times are given out:D.I just can't believe people come out with such rubbish,must be the same people that moaned about the silencers years back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

More noise the better for me.. The atmosphere was as flat as a witches  t*t last week.

If the addition of air horns and whistles improves the atmosphere what is the problem. Go for it i say sadly at Berwick we are not allowed air horns due to our planning restrictions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I read they are giving away some free air horns and whistles for this meeting,,,, strangely reading people might not go cos it may be too loud or they might not hear the times,,,, what a bunch of nerds 

"It's too noisy"....

"An' them young 'uns blowin' them bloody things are stood where I always stand"...

"I used to love watching Bettsy from there"...

"I'm not comin' again."...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Agree,the more noise the better.That is what makes Cardiff the occasion it is.The atmosphere is electric at Cardiff and that is with the racing being naff half the time.

Who are these people saying all this.Blimey if you don't hear the times ask someone beside you I'm sure they will help.I have to do that half the time as I am normally chatting when the times are given out:D.I just can't believe people come out with such rubbish,must be the same people that moaned about the silencers years back.

Need to get a decent DJ to rack up the atmosphere like Poole and Cardiff (and all the 2023 GPs) have!:t:

This is a tough one to call, Lynn now have a superstar number one & a decent guest in Nick Morris replacing an out of form Klindt. While Sheffield are using r/r for Bellego (Ellis, Kerr, Howarth x2) who has hardly scored any points away from home. Both teams look stronger tha normal!

Edited by szkocjasid

Sheffield to win this after the huge break they've got with Bellego missing.

What is the deal with the whistle thing? I get air horns, but whistles? Poole had it at a meeting last year, interesting that they haven't done it this year!! :D Leicester did it a few weeks back and now KL have decided to copy! 

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Need to get a decent DJ to rack up the atmosphere like Poole and Cardiff (and all the 2023 GPs) have!:t:

Yes, get him to do it at KL but make sure he leaves Sweet Caroline and Renegade Master behind, my poor ears :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What is the deal with the whistle thing? I get air horns, but whistles? Poole had it at a meeting last year, interesting that they haven't done it this year!! :D Leicester did it a few weeks back and now KL have decided to copy! 

Pretty sure this has been done at Lynn before,the air horns definitely have.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it’s for those tracks that have noise issues from surrounding areas.

Birmingham is the same, no air horns allowed so a whistle is the next best thing in those circumstances.

• Thanks 1

I think it basically whistles for the kids,, air horns for adults

Maybe the should have gone for un poppable balloons to keep the duffers happy,, as we don't want people having too much fun 

Edited by Baldyman

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

This is a tough one to call, Lynn now have a superstar number one & a decent guest in Nick Morris replacing an out of form Klindt. While Sheffield are using r/r for Bellego (Ellis, Kerr, Howarth x2) who has hardly scored any points away from home. Both teams look stronger tha normal!

It is a tough one. I'm not trying to down play Lynn's chances here , and here it comes.. 

But :P .. Starting with the Stars.. Klindt has averaged 5.00 at home this season riding at No.1. You could expect him to score 6 points riding as a second string. Morra has averaged 6.66( cheers Tel) over the last 2 seasons at the AFA, and has an away average of 3.33 away from Leicester so far this season. For me this isn't an advantage for the Stars. Maybe like for like at best.

Artem.. His first time at the AFA (i think). Will probably need a race or 2 to get his set up right. With Holder 14+1 a month ago here and an in form Toby, i think 12 from 5 would be a very good return on his debut.

Kye.. Another 1st timer here. Will need time to settle in. Can't expect to much in this one. Hope he proves me wrong.

Tigers.. Bellego  has averaged just 2.77 on his travels this season so far, and scored 3 a month ago here. Ellis, Kerr and Howarth could notch up 6-7 between them without much trouble.

All just my opinion of course.  One things for sure, there will be a good atmosphere tonight, a decent crowd, and hopefully a Stars win, i'd take 46-44 all day long :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke