British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Mildenhall 03/06/23 3pm.

39 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I watch haven now after what town did to the old track,as u say good crac try saying that about footy :neutral:

Showing your full jam eater colours Geoff :D

21 hours ago, geoff100 said:

I watch haven now after what town did to the old track,as u say good crac try saying that about footy :neutral:

See geoff Town were put in a position where they couldn't avoid getting rid of the 'old track'..............I'm, hopefully reliably, informed the Town RLFC were owed rental money.

But despite that financial situation Town were trying to assist in the proceedings of a planned new stadium, to be jointly shared by the Reds and Town.

The new stadium to be built on the current Reds area, with Reds moving to Derwent Park on a temp basis....therefore the football pitch requirements/size would of course mean no speedway track. Also when the new stadium was eventually built it was planned to dispose of Derwent Park completely......so don't blame Town for tearing up the speedway track they had no option but to do that.   Of course all these plans fell on stony ground via a prominent council officials input - which wasn't popular with rl and soccer devotees.

Anyway I think the Northside track shape is better than that of Derwent Park.......many a time I held my breath as someone went too wide on a very risky fourth bend at DP.

Edited by singy13

4 hours ago, singy13 said:

See geoff Town were put in a position where they couldn't avoid getting rid of the 'old track'..............I'm, hopefully reliably, informed the Town RLFC were owed rental money.

But despite that financial situation Town were trying to assist in the proceedings of a planned new stadium, to be jointly shared by the Reds and Town.

The new stadium to be built on the current Reds area, with Reds moving to Derwent Park on a temp basis....therefore the football pitch requirements/size would of course mean no speedway track. Also when the new stadium was eventually built it was planned to dispose of Derwent Park completely......so don't blame Town for tearing up the speedway track they had no option but to do that.   Of course all these plans fell on stony ground via a prominent council officials input - which wasn't popular with rl and soccer devotees.

Anyway I think the Northside track shape is better than that of Derwent Park.......many a time I held my breath as someone went too wide on a very risky fourth bend.

Like Chris Mills(Newcastle Diamonds) who cleared the fence, hit the hut and was airlifted to hospital. Fortunately he survived it but did give speedway up shortly afterwards.

5 hours ago, singy13 said:

Anyway I think the Northside track shape is better than that of Derwent Park.......many a time I held my breath as someone went too wide on a very risky fourth bend.

The new stadium went from & 5million to 25 then 100 milliom over 50 yrs it was never going to happen,just a shame comets couldnt pay the pepper corn rent town do ,derwent park  belongs to the council or u could say all council tax payers!

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The new stadium went from & 5million to 25 then 100 milliom over 50 yrs it was never going to happen,just a shame comets couldnt pay the pepper corn rent town do ,derwent park  belongs to the council or u could say all council tax payers!

Then town made a mess of putting the new "shared" pitch in, cost 100k but someone forget to put the drains in, some very soggy summer rugby days were had !!

9 hours ago, singy13 said:

Anyway I think the Northside track shape is better than that of Derwent Park.......many a time I held my breath as someone went too wide on a very risky fourth bend at DP.

Wherever you got your information from regarding the track being dug up is total fabrication!

The track was being removed as the outgoing Comets were finished and the rugby pitch had to be made bigger to accommodate the Reds.

The majority of the shale was gifted to Northside by the outgoing  promotion and shipped straight over there, along with a lot of other gear. The new promotion would vouch for that if anyone was sad enough to ask.

Talking about sad, everyone loves a story but sadly singy13, yours is more than slightly skewed.

Just saying…

Edited by shady

9 hours ago, shady said:

The track was being removed as the outgoing Comets were finished and the rugby pitch had to be made bigger to accommodate the Reds.

Which is exactly what I've said in my post....... It was all to do with a new stadium plans and enabling Derwent Park to accomodate the footballing Reds to allow building work on their ground......Maybe you disagree with rental arrears I mentioned? I don't know if that was true or rumours but doesn't matter anymore.

Edited by singy13

Enuf about that other place !!! 

Sunshine speedway on at Costa del Northside areana get your shades and sunscreen this has potential to be a good meeting, hope we have plenty of water to put on the track .   UTC

• Like 1

Comets No 1 Conner bailey top scored for Redcar at Scummy last nite, getting good feedback on the BSF forum 

44 minutes ago, Neila said:

Enuf about that other place !!! 

Sunshine speedway on at Costa del Northside areana get your shades and sunscreen this has potential to be a good meeting, hope we have plenty of water to put on the track .   UTC

Yeah I agree DP gone re speedway bye bye.....Northside is like the weather hot hot...and so much more picturesque....great work by the track staff....

• Like 4

Harry McGurk will soon be on his way out.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Harry McGurk will soon be on his way out.

Don't know what has happened to Harry, if they're looking for a replacement need to do it before he drops to a 3.00 average. Although Josh Warren has shown how riders can turn their form around after dropping to reserve!

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't know what has happened to Harry, if they're looking for a replacement need to do it before he drops to a 3.00 average. Although Josh Warren has shown how riders can turn their form around after dropping to reserve!

Whatever Harrys issues are its certainly not fair that he is passing them on to the paying Workington crowds. 

Has Warren turned it around? Big score but barely beat an opponent as most points were gained from mechanical breakdowns gifted to him. Think the next couple of matches will tell if he has had a confidence boost or lost his way.

Comets beaten by a more solid side, and a reserve who scored the points,  comets had 2 riders in main body of team scoring big points and several retirements or fallers in scoring positions,  but on the day better team won 

Taxi for harry plz hindsight is a wonderfull thing but after todays programme notes he says he aint happy or enjoying why didnt we keep kelsey?. Delays  dust and let down by the food outlets, plz tell the water tank driver put water on the inside where the riders ride! Saw a few people leaving early,roy was a miss get better soon,no mention about the meeting tomoz,what av would max glegg come in on,hope tony mole enjoyed it! How about putting start time to 6 or 6.30 track might hold water better.

• Like 1