British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Just the two .

What an embarrassment. Whilst Liebmann is probably UK Championship standard , she was very quick, why did the SCB feel it needed to fly her over to ride against a junior and call it a championship with only 2 riders in two out of the three rounds? 
Waste of time and money .

Haven't seen Liebmann ride in the flesh but if she is CL standard i do wonder if a team would give her a shot just for the great PR? Although I guess she would come in on an assessed 4?

As for the few remaining female riders the majority that are active are southern based so picking the northern venues to host was always questionable. Theres also a financially element, an SCB license isn't cheap.... a Nora one is. 

I can't see anything on the Speedway GBsite about the outcome. I can only find that on the riders own pages.

An opportunity missed

Still, the IOWs established version will be happening soon. You can guarantee that will have publicity and profile

Edited by Sir Sidney

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Haven't seen Liebmann ride in the flesh but if she is CL standard i do wonder if a team would give her a shot just for the great PR? Although I guess she would come in on an assessed 4?

As for the few remaining female riders the majority that are active are southern based so picking the northern venues to host was always questionable. Theres also a financially element, an SCB license isn't cheap.... a Nora one is. 

If your telling me that only one UK female racer has a SCB licence then it makes it a complete mockery that they held a ‘ Championship ‘ anyway !

Liebmann would come in on a 5 , I asked Mr. Vatcher as I was that impressed with her posting sub 57 second race times on borrowed equipment.

The lady looked good enough to score points in the championship given an opportunity.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

If your telling me that only one UK female racer has a SCB licence then it makes it a complete mockery that they held a ‘ Championship ‘ anyway !

Liebmann would come in on a 5 , I asked Mr. Vatcher as I was that impressed with her posting sub 57 second race times on borrowed equipment.

The lady looked good enough to score points in the championship given an opportunity.

Quick check of SCB registered riders says there are 7 female licence holders (ignoring youth). 3 have taken part in the rounds thus far (although Wendy McAllen is missing rom the list so don't know if she appeared on a day licence or the list is out of date?) Of the riders who competed in last years IOW ladies champs i can only see Katie Gordon with and SCB licence. 

Watched Celina riding Katie’s 2nd bike at Redcar and she was very impressive, announced tonight that she is riding in Redcar meeting next Friday using her own engine and one of Riss’s bikes.  

16 hours ago, paulr2 said:

Watched Celina riding Katie’s 2nd bike at Redcar and she was very impressive, announced tonight that she is riding in Redcar meeting next Friday using her own engine and one of Riss’s bikes.  

Obviously decided that they needed to slow her down a bit to make it fairer. :D

• Haha 1

These meetings have been in the calander for a good while so I can see no reason why the Ladies have not taken advantage. As it is an open event the inclusion of  a German lady or any other nation is acceptable & I would believe she may well have been invited but I don't think it would be paid for by the BSPL/SCB

We don't have a Ladies Championship here in Germany, but we do have a number of girls racing in the 500cc speedway division. And two or three of them are really fast.

Next Saturday two of them, Hannah Grunwald and Paddy Erhart, ride in the German Under-21 championship final, and I would not be surprised to see one or both finish among the front runners.

Hannah even features on the advertising poster for this meeting (see below).

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 1 Person, Dirtbike, Motorrad und Text

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2023 at 8:42 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Quick check of SCB registered riders says there are 7 female licence holders (ignoring youth). 3 have taken part in the rounds thus far (although Wendy McAllen is missing rom the list so don't know if she appeared on a day licence or the list is out of date?) Of the riders who competed in last years IOW ladies champs i can only see Katie Gordon with and SCB licence. 

Wendy McAllan registered as Wendy Skinner.

• Thanks 1

Well at least they got enough to fill a race at the Isle of Wight Nora version, but less than last years effort.

Well done to the winner, Katie Gordon, by far the best lady racer we currently have in the UK.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Well at least they got enough to fill a race at the Isle of Wight Nora version, but less than last years effort.

Well done to the winner, Katie Gordon, by far the best lady racer we currently have in the UK.

Certainly concerning considering two entrants are IOW residents, Katie Gordon rightful winner but the decline in female competitors probably matches the males at present.

• Like 1

When and ware is the Ladies Championship taking place please? 

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Thank you very much, I had no idea it had already been staged.  Pleased to see it got so much publicity...NOT!! 

might as well call it the silver wig match race championship