British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Aces v Witches 5th June

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Should have put some tinted goggles on:lol:

good job its 93 million miles away :rofl:

57 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Craig Cook said he'd be running a loss riding in both leagues? 

Also the travelling to home meetings is an issue, he said he would consider it if it was close to home, he said he wouldn't want to travel far to potentially lose money ( I guess you have to weigh up fuel against points scored). So I'm guessing that is just BV? 

For once he is being sensible! :D

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

Matej Zagar?? Would be a good number 3 and then Barker wouldn't have so much pressure from a weekend middle string?

Personally I would be trying to sign a couple of like Berntzon and Kvech,,, or any of wealth of young talent. Okay it may not win us the league this year,, but will reap rewards in the future,,, just look at Belle Vue,,, Bewley,,, Lidsey,, Blodorn, Brennan,,,, all only gonna get better and better 

• Like 1

I can't see Zagar coming in, Chris doesn't have a bottomless pit

I think if Riss comes back and they get Rowe at R/S then that may well see a big upturn

Riss riding at no.4 at home and Rew riding at no.4 away

• Like 1

From memory Zagar isnt that great at Foxhall?? but then having checked he got 5 and 11 last season so maybe ok, however at his age its a bit like KK probably a large outlay and wont be rewarding points wise

2 hours ago, Col said:

When does Sayfutdinov's average sky rocket from the assessed 8.00.  Making any changes after that will be more difficult.

Wouldn't Craig Cook be better option than Barker, surely he'd fit?

Last night was his 8th meeting this season so his new average should now take effect. 

57 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I can't see Zagar coming in, Chris doesn't have a bottomless pit

I think if Riss comes back and they get Rowe at R/S then that may well see a big upturn

Riss riding at no.4 at home and Rew riding at no.4 away

But Mr Nicholls has or so we've been told......

Guy is also a businessman and won't just throw money at it, Chris runs it as a business to make a profit too

It does amaze me I think on FB someone said that because Chris has Doyle and Emil that means he can go get whoever else he wants, glad that person doesn't carry a red briefcase around with him

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Guy is extremely wealthy, but even he doesn’t have a “bottomless pit” of money. 

there is a reason for wealth - usually it isnt just good luck!!

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

Last night was his 8th meeting this season so his new average should now take effect. 

Ippo's team average is 38.30.  That's without the BV match last night. So not easy once Emil's ave takes effect. 

5 hours ago, Aries said:

I did say injuries are not unexpected in this sport, any team can lose a rider to injury at any point we all know that. Losing a rider like Ipswich have to illness is as unlucky as it gets. 

And I’m saying I disagree in part - that injury to Pickering came at the worst time imaginable just as Jakobsen moved into the main body of the side. They went from Jakobsen, to Pickering to Simon Lambert guesting the first week. That is unfortunate timing and bad luck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Doyle scored 13 early last season, but then failed to score double figures on both occasions after that so doesn’t seem to be his best track. Don’t think he failed to hit double figures anywhere else last year, could be wrong though. 

And Doyle has won the Peter Craven Memorial 4 times at Belle Vue.