British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Monday 19th June Live on Eurosport

Watched it back when home from belle Vue. 

good meeting I thought and actually a good showing from lynn really. Without the injury to laguta which I think was a fair reason to withdraw as his foot went on the spokes and yanked his leg back. 100% that was a sore one. Lyn would have won this or got at least a draw. 

riss was a shocking choice of guest. 

less said about Eurosport the better. The whole production is terrible. Starting with Tatum being on his own. I know there’s no point moaning as things won’t change but for me the BSPA need to step in and sort this and tell Eurosport your doing the sport no favours what so ever. 

• Like 3

I don’t think Artem realises how quick he is at Lynn. He posted a 58.8 second race time in the heat immediately after he picked up the foot injury courtesy of Chris Harris. Can’t think of many riders who have gone that quickly at Lynn..He was clearly suffering massive discomfort during that race as could be seen by the way he entered the bends and on the slowing down lap.

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Watched it back when home from belle Vue. 

good meeting I thought and actually a good showing from lynn really. Without the injury to laguta which I think was a fair reason to withdraw as his foot went on the spokes and yanked his leg back. 100% that was a sore one. Lyn would have won this or got at least a draw. 

riss was a shocking choice of guest. 

less said about Eurosport the better. The whole production is terrible. Starting with Tatum being on his own. I know there’s no point moaning as things won’t change but for me the BSPA need to step in and sort this and tell Eurosport your doing the sport no favours what so ever. 

Buster said on the radio this morning that he had a choice of Lambert, Barker and Riss. Should have gone with Lambert on current form.

• Like 2

I still say re runs should start with handicap systems (if 1 lap had been completed) stop all this staying down on purpose bollocks.

For example heat 1 last night.

Sedgmen starts from tapes. Fricke 5 metres back. Laguta 10 metres back. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

They hadn’t completed 2 full laps so it’s impossible to award the heat anyway, plus you couldn’t say that with 2 laps to go Laguta wouldn’t catch Fricke.

They had completed 2 full laps... the reds didn't come on until bend 2 of lap 2... are you Christina in disguise :D

Plus... there was no way Artem was going to catch and pass our boys, especially with the way the track was in heat 1

Edited by iainb

Some of the racing was ok but the track clearly didn’t suit the home team at the start.

The crowd was appalling, it’s not hard to see why Chapman is complaining about the team being over budget, the support is just not turning up.

Going on what he said in his post match comments it doesn’t sound too good for Lynn let alone Peterborough and our crowds have been good - so far,

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Some of the racing was ok but the track clearly didn’t suit the home team at the start.

The crowd was appalling, it’s not hard to see why Chapman is complaining about the team being over budget, the support is just not turning up.

Going on what he said in his post match comments it doesn’t sound too good for Lynn let alone Peterborough and our crowds have been good - so far,

It was on TV though, the crowd is not usually that small. But that is down the promoter to get people in when its on TV, Chapman has never done anything

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I still say re runs should start with handicap systems (if 1 lap had been completed) stop all this staying down on purpose bollocks.

For example heat 1 last night.

Sedgmen starts from tapes. Fricke 5 metres back. Laguta 10 metres back. 

I'd have zero issues with that. They did have something similar a few years back, but that only lasted one season (as usual)

That idea is even better than awarding races after 2 laps, means more chance of fans getting their money's worth

Edited by szkocjasid

6 minutes ago, therefused said:

It was on TV though, the crowd is not usually that small. But that is down the promoter to get people in when its on TV, Chapman has never done anything

I can never understand why there hasn't ever been a big push to get younger, paying crowds through the gate (16-25 year olds). All the clubs say it's about getting the next generation interested in speedway, but there has never been an incentive to get them in. It's all well and good letting U16's in for free but if there was a promotion to get (16-25's) in, say £15 a ticket surely that would attract some interest. Especially when you've already got your core demographic - the older generation - having reduced prices

• Like 3

It's a Monday night in Kings Lynn, it's on TV ................. What do you expect ?

Why, unless you are a die hard speedway fan, and you've been at work all day, would you bother. Personally, I think you would struggle to get a decent crowd to turn up for a free Ed Sheeran gig, let alone a speedway meeting. 

Better promotion in and around Lynn and at holiday venues would certainly help. The times when things were really buzzing at Lynn was when Jonathan was in charge of promotion. He had a number of ideas, mostly good, and it would be great to get him involved again. He was there last week……

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingsLynnStarsFan said:

He was saying about how he doesn't want to be there , the plan was for him to step back this year etc but his heart is still very much in it. Was talking about financial struggles and how the crowd levels are really poor and how the Lynn team is very expensive (assume that's mostly in reference to AL), and how he can't put any more money in as that's his pension money effectively. All sounded a bit bleak.

It was a worrying post meeting conference for sure, and as Keith said, the crowd for the previous meeting was 600, and it was obvious for last nights meeting, it was even less.
Clubs in the NDL can survive on that, but certainly not the Premiership or Championship.  I've not been to many tracks this season, but Birmingham doesn't look good, Leicester doesn't look any better than it did in the Championship. Who is going to buy into an expensive sport with crowd levels like that?  I really felt for Keith, who at times looked quite emotional during his speech, and just hope the sport reorganises itself into a more financially beneficial way of running in 2024, so that we don't lose clubs like King's Lynn.      

I've read the reports about the Eurosport coverage, and a friend who is out in France was watching it, and was messaging me, saying it was terrible. The meetings that I've watched (not last night), some of the camerawork has been dire.

Last nights meeting I thought was very good watching it at the stadium, and the last two meetings have shown a much better bond and performance from the riders. Only they know why.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

I can never understand why there hasn't ever been a big push to get younger, paying crowds through the gate (16-25 year olds). All the clubs say it's about getting the next generation interested in speedway, but there has never been an incentive to get them in. It's all well and good letting U16's in for free but if there was a promotion to get (16-25's) in, say £15 a ticket surely that would attract some interest. Especially when you've already got your core demographic - the older generation - having reduced prices

Buster dislikes TV meetings but as you say has never done bugger all to try and attract more fans in on Tv nights . Wouldn’t it be good to see promotors live up to their title and actually promote. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mimmo said:

It was a worrying post meeting conference for sure, and as Keith said, the crowd for the previous meeting was 600, and it was obvious for last nights meeting, it was even less.
Clubs in the NDL can survive on that, but certainly not the Premiership or Championship.  I've not been to many tracks this season, but Birmingham doesn't look good, Leicester doesn't look any better than it did in the Championship. Who is going to buy into an expensive sport with crowd levels like that?  I really felt for Keith, who at times looked quite emotional during his speech, and just hope the sport reorganises itself into a more financially beneficial way of running in 2024, so that we don't lose clubs like King's Lynn.      

I've read the reports about the Eurosport coverage, and a friend who is out in France was watching it, and was messaging me, saying it was terrible. The meetings that I've watched (not last night), some of the camerawork has been dire.

Last nights meeting I thought was very good watching it at the stadium, and the last two meetings have shown a much better bond and performance from the riders. Only they know why.   

The 600 crowd for the meeting against Wolves surprises me. I know we're not crammed in like sardines at the AFA, but there certainly did appear more than that. I would of said 800-900