British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Monday 19th June Live on Eurosport

5 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

As you say ....... 100% correct according to rules............. so the decision is exactly that 100% correct!

This was probably the most undeserved away win that I've ever seen ................. it's all well and good that Dickson states that KL benefitted by the TS in Heat 14 ....... bottom line is that KL woud not have needed it ............. it was obvious that the Leicester lot couldn't get anywhere near Laguta therfore most likely outcome....................................... Heat 13  3-3 (Laguta to win)  Heat 14 (as programmed) 3-3  ..... Jorgensen got a paid win as it was!     Heat 15   5-1 to KL courtesey Klindt & Laguta       .......... final score (should have been)  45 - 45 !

Anyway it's all academic ............ KL's match loser was Erik Riss (as I thought would be case as soon as he was announced as guest).

Wow, how blinkered is that :lol:

Saying Leicester couldn't get near Laguta when he had 2 3rd places but for reruns is funny :lol:

• Like 1

Terrible choice of guest. Much better choice for that track was riding for Belle Vue last night but their gain was KL's loss. 

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Watched it back when home from belle Vue. 

good meeting I thought and actually a good showing from lynn really. Without the injury to laguta which I think was a fair reason to withdraw as his foot went on the spokes and yanked his leg back. 100% that was a sore one. Lyn would have won this or got at least a draw. 

riss was a shocking choice of guest. 

less said about Eurosport the better. The whole production is terrible. Starting with Tatum being on his own. I know there’s no point moaning as things won’t change but for me the BSPA need to step in and sort this and tell Eurosport your doing the sport no favours what so ever. 

You may be wasting your breath but have you got in touch with Eurosport and let them know your feedback? Camera angles and Tatum on his own is something I've fed-back to them the other week. I think Nicholls is an upgrade on Sam but last season a current rider would commentate with Tatum and it worked far better with someone to bounce off him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingsLynnStarsFan said:

He was saying about how he doesn't want to be there , the plan was for him to step back this year etc but his heart is still very much in it. Was talking about financial struggles and how the crowd levels are really poor and how the Lynn team is very expensive (assume that's mostly in reference to AL), and how he can't put any more money in as that's his pension money effectively. All sounded a bit bleak.

Chapman has only himself to blame, as Chairman of the BSPA he did absolutely nothing to promote the sport and likewise with KL. He has overseen the demise of number of clubs and dramatic fall in fan levels for some time and now he’s whinging and whining about low crowd and how much the team is costing and he hasn’t got any money to put in…the sooner he packs up his cabbage patch track and sh**hole stadium and get on his tractor and out of the sport the better. Sadly, if that happens, I think it maybe too late to save the Stars!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Colinspeedway said:

You may be wasting your breath but have you got in touch with Eurosport and let them know your feedback? Camera angles and Tatum on his own is something I've fed-back to them the other week. I think Nicholls is an upgrade on Sam but last season a current rider would commentate with Tatum and it worked far better with someone to bounce off him.

It's clearly being run on a budget and that no longer extends to a co comms for Kelvin

1 hour ago, DizzAssStar said:

As you say ....... 100% correct according to rules............. so the decision is exactly that 100% correct!

This was probably the most undeserved away win that I've ever seen ................. it's all well and good that Dickson states that KL benefitted by the TS in Heat 14 ....... bottom line is that KL woud not have needed it ............. it was obvious that the Leicester lot couldn't get anywhere near Laguta therfore most likely outcome....................................... Heat 13  3-3 (Laguta to win)  Heat 14 (as programmed) 3-3  ..... Jorgensen got a paid win as it was!     Heat 15   5-1 to KL courtesey Klindt & Laguta       .......... final score (should have been)  45 - 45 !

Anyway it's all academic ............ KL's match loser was Erik Riss (as I thought would be case as soon as he was announced as guest).

‘Most undeserved away win you have ever seen’? Lynn were reliant on two riders having 6 or 7 rides each and going through the card to scrape a home win. Clearly a bad guest choice but it speaks volumes for the rest of team. Even Bomber tried to help you. Unlucky team building I guess.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wow, how blinkered is that :lol:

Saying Leicester couldn't get near Laguta when he had 2 3rd places but for reruns is funny :lol:

ERR ....... no he had four stright wins ...... perhaps you should watch closer (Results don't lie).

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's when the lights come on, not when the rider falls. The leading rider was on lap three, the only call to make was award the race as Laguta wasn't challenging an opponent. 

Very poor refereeing 

I have to agree with you on that one.

5 hours ago, StarBoy said:

I understand what you're saying, everyone has different circumstances and that's the great thing with speedway you get people from every walk of life, which should be celebrated.

Obviously my comments were generalised and stereotypical which probably isn't the best way to go about things, but if ticket prices all round were cheaper then this could drastically increase footfall. 

Take for example Poland you can get a seated ticket for the equivalent of like £8-10. You can pay more if you wish, but that is for a bog standard ticket.

Yes, I understand that the sponsorship money and overall wealth of the sport there is higher than here, but if you're still not getting people in the stadium that business model stills fails. 

Why do people keep saying how cheap it is in Poland.Of course it will be cheaper,just look at their wages.Why do you think many come here to work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Chapman has only himself to blame, as Chairman of the BSPA he did absolutely nothing to promote the sport and likewise with KL. He has overseen the demise of number of clubs and dramatic fall in fan levels for some time and now he’s whinging and whining about low crowd and how much the team is costing and he hasn’t got any money to put in…the sooner he packs up his cabbage patch track and sh**hole stadium and get on his tractor and out of the sport the better. Sadly, if that happens, I think it maybe too late to save the Stars!

Well. i take my had off to you Sir, and i use that word loosly . Spoken like a true speedway supporter. I wish there where more like you, i really do.....

კაცები გამარჯობა GIF - კაცები გამარჯობა კაკაბა GIFs

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Why do people keep saying how cheap it is in Poland.Of course it will be cheaper,just look at their wages.Why do you think many come here to work.

Doesn't mean that the speedway riders wages are any cheaper... The business model works, lower prices for a more entertaining product. Polish speedway is a much better value proposition for the consumer. 

Every SGP rider is in Poland. How many are here, 4? 6 if you take into consideration Artem and Emil.

That's the problem if you want to be recognised as a leading speedway nation which SGB does then you've got to go full guns blazing on it. There is no point getting the top 1% of riders over here if you're just going to back it up with utter tripe. I know we should appreciate the riders whilst they're still here, but long-term it isn't the solution.

You've either got to balls to wall and invest some serious cash to actually motivate riders to want to actually commit to the UK, which I could justify paying the £22 on, or focus more on developing youth riders and making GB speedway about GB riders, which should command a lower price, say £15 for example. 

This in-between that we are in is no good for anyone connected to the sport. Look at heat 8 last night you've got Artem Laguta 2021 world champion racing against 2 'rising stars'. How are these kids going to become so called stars when they're a lap behind a former world champion? How does that benefit their development, confidence, motivation to want to actually race professionally? 

Either some serious money needs to be pumped into the sport to try and increase the calibre of rider all round or a complete overhaul is needed to get the best out of these kids who actually want to do it.

• Like 2

Longterm I think the latter needs to be the answer. Bring on the youngsters with the Bombers, Danny King, Charles Wright type of British rider as the" top"stars .Basically start from the bottom up.You can't put a roof on a house if there's no walls, you can't build walls without a foundation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StarBoy said:

The 600 crowd for the meeting against Wolves surprises me. I know we're not crammed in like sardines at the AFA, but there certainly did appear more than that. I would of said 800-900

Wow...

Still crap at 900 isn't it? 

You do though reap what you sow...

And the promoters of the sport in this country have, in the main,  been clueless for decades...

And unless they one day wake up and realise that it doesnt really matter who wins something so contrived and abject, and agree to make every team part of UK Speedway PLC, with a collective marketing and team strengthening strategy, it will simply wither and die...

Covid gave them a unique opportunity to reset, and relaunch...

That they did neither speaks volumes for their capabilty level...

• Like 2

Just now, mikebv said:

Wow...

Still crap at 900 isn't it? 

You do though reap what you sow...

And the promoters of the sport in this country have, in the main,  been clueless for decades...

And unless they one day wake up and realise that it doesnt really matter who wins something so contrived and abject, and agree to make every team part of UK Speedway PLC, with a collective marketing and team strengthening strategy, it will simply wither and die...

Covid gave them a unique opportunity to reset, and relaunch...

That they did neither speaks volumes for their capabilty level...

I'm not saying a crowd of 900 is good, but even considering that I still wouldn't say that should put us in the financial hole Buster claims we are in...

I agree a total reset and overhaul of the system could have and probably should have happened after Covid, however it still returned to business as usual. Given the financial impact this has had on many people's live, I can understand the apprehension in spending what disposable income they may have. 

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Doesn't mean that the speedway riders wages are any cheaper... The business model works, lower prices for a more entertaining product. Polish speedway is a much better value proposition for the consumer. 

Every SGP rider is in Poland. How many are here, 4? 6 if you take into consideration Artem and Emil.

That's the problem if you want to be recognised as a leading speedway nation which SGB does then you've got to go full guns blazing on it. There is no point getting the top 1% of riders over here if you're just going to back it up with utter tripe. I know we should appreciate the riders whilst they're still here, but long-term it isn't the solution.

You've either got to balls to wall and invest some serious cash to actually motivate riders to want to actually commit to the UK, which I could justify paying the £22 on, or focus more on developing youth riders and making GB speedway about GB riders, which should command a lower price, say £15 for example. 

This in-between that we are in is no good for anyone connected to the sport. Look at heat 8 last night you've got Artem Laguta 2021 world champion racing against 2 'rising stars'. How are these kids going to become so called stars when they're a lap behind a former world champion? How does that benefit their development, confidence, motivation to want to actually race professionally? 

Either some serious money needs to be pumped into the sport to try and increase the calibre of rider all round or a complete overhaul is needed to get the best out of these kids who actually want to do it.

All very laudable observations...

However...

When your very starting point is "contrived, make it up as you go along nonsense", then you really have zero chance of enough fans buying into it...

Might as well chuck the money down a grid...