British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 21/6/23 Championship.

Think Poole missed a trick not giving Roynon his 3rd (& final ride) in heat 6.

Once Atkins was excluded I'd keep Newman in the pits for the re-run, then use Roynon for the 2 minute exclusion. Newman can then take the rest of the reserve outings.

Second thought was - I'd give Roynon his 3rd ride in place of Lawson. Lawson wasn't going to beat Masters off 15 meters!

• Like 2

An enjoyable listen so far :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still time for the Boyzzzzz to turn things round

NID :t:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

An enjoyable listen so far :D

Don't know how anyone can listen to a meeting without seeing it.

Only 8 down. Doing alright so far, Oxford are on a good run of form atm.

Not the most enjoy meeting with Oxfords heat leaders dominant out of the tapes. Poole didn't make one gate until midway through and its too little too late for us tonight. So far. Not quite over but Oxford firing well on their home track in front of very big crowd.

Not enough Pirate heat winners tonight and not the usual back up from the lower order. Cheetahs simply want it more and fair play to them. Oxford are built like Poole were last year with 3 strong heat leaders so we move on. Hope the person in the crowd requiring medical treatment is OK.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Well done to Oxford, definitely the form team atm. 14 points might be a bit dodgy for the BP for us but we will see. I would have thought JJ would score more than 4 so could have been worse if they had a full team.

Got to be a bit careful what I say here because my team gets battered home and away, but in Poole terms that’s a bit of a hiding while I say that a bit tongue in cheek because I’m not used to seeing it I hope other fans from Plymouth do not come on here to gloat at that result because we have nothing to gloat about be interesting the next time they meet at Wimborne road, Oxford dark horses to win it anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Got to be a bit careful what I say here because my team gets battered home and away, but in Poole terms that’s a bit of a hiding while I say that a bit tongue in cheek because I’m not used to seeing it I hope other fans from Plymouth do not come on here to gloat at that result because we have nothing to gloat about be interesting the next time they meet at Wimborne road, Oxford dark horses to win it anyone.

Yes, it will be interesting as JJ and Atkins tend to struggle there. But Henry is on amazing form atm so will be interesting to see what he does. Last time I think Oxford lost at Poole by 14? So any better and they will get the BP.

Well done Oxford you wanted it more than some of our riders! 
I said on Friday at Redcar, we are going to get found out when we start riding against Glasgow/Oxford as we have been carrying too many riders at times during the last month. I’m sure people won’t agree, but still think we are at least 1 maybe 2 changes away from potentially winning the league again. This current team I think will fall just short when it matters. 
We shall come back fighting! 

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Doesn't matter to us, big or small, slick or not , we can ride anything anywhere!

...not very successfully tonight at Cowley however!

10 hours ago, lbw said:

We'll ride on anything that's why we had the Waves of WINborne! :D

...got unstuck at Cowley tonight however!

Where has Henry Atkins come from this season? Fair play never saw him as one of best 2pointers let alone best reserves in the league. He's the difference between Oxford being challengers to potential winners imo