British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 21/6/23 Championship.

Looking forward to Wednesday night and the trip up to Oxford. No Pirates home meeting, meaning quite a few fans will make the two hour trip north. 

Poole ride Cowley quite well and this should be a very close meeting, perhaps going down to heat 15. Could it be a sell out? Certainly not a meeting to be missed. Weather is forecast to be mostly dry with the risk of an afternoon shower. 

Can Pirates maintain their unbeaten record? Masters and Nicholls will have other ideas. Bring it on!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to Wednesday night and the trip up to Oxford. No Pirates home meeting, meaning quite a few fans will make the two hour trip north. 

Poole ride Cowley quite well and this should be a very close meeting, perhaps going down to heat 15. Could it be a sell out? Certainly not a meeting to be missed. Weather is forecast to be mostly dry with the risk of an afternoon shower. 

Can Pirates maintain their unbeaten record? Masters and Nicholls will have other ideas. Bring it on!

I'll be there supporting the Pirates & cheering them on to more success.

Oxford are currently top of the league on race pts difference from us so extra incentive for we Pirates to go to Cowley & do the bizzo!

After being at Redcar I'm looking forward to attending another sensational meeting as I'm sure both sides will be giving it everything they've got.

One not to be missed!

C'mon the PIRATES  :t:

Poole always run Oxford close at Sandy Lane because of Kyle Newman. He's already a strong reserve, but he rides exceptionally well at Oxford having spent time there last year. He's top scored for Poole on both visits already this season (paid 14 and paid 13). Crazy scores for a reserve.

37 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Poole always run Oxford close at Sandy Lane because of Kyle Newman. He's already a strong reserve, but he rides exceptionally well at Oxford having spent time there last year. He's top scored for Poole on both visits already this season (paid 14 and paid 13). Crazy scores for a reserve.

Will only be for a couple more weeks. We better make the most of it! 

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Will only be for a couple more weeks. We better make the most of it! 

Not sure Kyle's League scores so far will take his average above Anders from July 1st? Anders has been mostly scoring above his average as well (with the exception of Redcar away for both)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure Kyle's League scores so far will take his average above Anders from July 1st? Anders has been mostly scoring above his average as well (with the exception of Redcar away for both)

Even better! 

The heatleaders and second strings in both sides speak for themselves. This will be a battle of the reserves.

23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The heatleaders and second strings in both sides speak for themselves. This will be a battle of the reserves.

Don’t think it’s quite as simple as that. If it’s just a battle of the reserves, Poole win. 

34 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Then Henry Atkins, paid 19 from two away matches in the last week is well up for it.

My brother is on a visit to Oxford this week and will be visiting Cowley to take in the action. Should be a good night!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My brother is on a visit to Oxford this week and will be visiting Cowley to take in the action. Should be a good night!

Should have joined him Steve. You're long overdue a visit!

23 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Should have joined him Steve. You're long overdue a visit!

I wish I could...standing on my old spot on the third bend!

• Like 1

Jordan Jenkins withdrawn from the BV v Peterborough team after aggravating an injury.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jordan Jenkins withdrawn from the BV v Peterborough team after aggravating an injury.

So that will mean Chris Harris coming in.

Oh.... Sorry I mean a guest.....

2 minutes ago, Technik said:

So that will mean Chris Harris coming in.

Oh.... Sorry I mean a guest.....

R/R?? Seeing as he is a second string.