British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Workington v Oxford - 24/6

Oxford sending a weakened side up for this unfortunately. Alfie Bowtell guesting for Jordan Jenkins, who is still injured. While it'll be rider replacement for Kelsey Dugard and Sam Woods is guesting for Luke Killeen.

Elliot Kelly also back for Workington I believe.

Should still be a good meeting at the sunny Northside area, little bit of rain today good forecast for 2morrow, with the first rain for over 5 weeks, may mean the track riders a bit different, and don't forget the club is showing ithe GP in the marquee after the meeting, with bbq and can bar available :D  UTC unfortunately I'm on my way to Greece so can't make it :angry:

Good bit of natural watering late yesterday/ overnight will help Steve Lawson with pre meeting water requirements, sure he will be grateful for that. Weather forecast is good for this afternoon. 

The Chargers with a full team look the strongest in the league for me personally and will prove a stiff test even with a slightly weakened bottom end. Alfie Bowtell should be a very good guest for Jordan Jenkins after already impressing at Northside for Mildenhall. Bit disappointed Jordan is injured as I was looking forward to watching him following some strong performances in British Speedway over the last two seasons. Henry Atkins is another catching the eye at the minute  putting in some very strong performances in the Championship.

It has to be a solid team performance by the Comets if we are to take the points and go some way toward challenging for the aggregate bonus point when we visit Oxford for the return meeting.

Its been a couple of weeks since most of the team have ridden competetive speedway and there is no substitute for time on the bike. UTC !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neila said:

Should still be a good meeting at the sunny Northside area, little bit of rain today good forecast for 2morrow, with the first rain for over 5 weeks, may mean the track riders a bit different, and don't forget the club is showing ithe GP in the marquee after the meeting, with bbq and can bar available :D  UTC unfortunately I'm on my way to Greece so can't make it :angry:

Poor planning that Neil lol

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Poor planning that Neil lol

Holidays planned before fixtures out, and even before it was confirmed that the comets ride again :D

What has happened to Harry mcgurk gone from a 7 point average to a 3 this season. Apart from the obvious he’s not been scoring. Some decline.

Big win for Oxford. That has to make them favourites I think, and they'll be even stronger when (if) Killeen returns. Playoffs might be a stretch for Workington now sadly - going to have to win a lot of away meetings. Leicester the only dangers to an Oxford v Mildenhall final?

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

Following on updates seems like better team won, no complaints at that, but looking at score cards too many engine failures and last places for the Comets,  can't win if you don't finish or finish last, but these are mainly young kids so a big learning curve,  but Mr crang is old enough to know the bikes should be able to finish a race !!!

• Like 2

Oxford Speedway has to be the big success story in speedway at the moment! Wish I could be part of it like the good old days.

Edited by steve roberts

23 minutes ago, Neila said:

Following on updates seems like better team won, no complaints at that, but looking at score cards too many engine failures and last places for the Comets,  can't win if you don't finish or finish last, but these are mainly young kids so a big learning curve,  but Mr crang is old enough to know the bikes should be able to finish a race !!!

Erik Riss had three EF's in a row last night for Redcar.  It can happen to "the best" of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Big win for Oxford. That has to make them favourites I think, and they'll be even stronger when (if) Killeen returns. Playoffs might be a stretch for Workington now sadly - going to have to win a lot of away meetings. Leicester the only dangers to an Oxford v Mildenhall final?

Oxford look set for the top 2. Mildenhall & Leicester both look to be up there for 2nd place. Still wouldn't rule out Belle Vue & Workington as outsiders though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Oxford look set for the top 2. Mildenhall & Leicester both look to be up there for 2nd place. Still wouldn't rule out Belle Vue & Workington as outsiders though.

Problem for Belle Vue is I can’t see Oxford, Mildenhall or Leicester losing many (if any) at home. That means if the Colts win their last two away matches, it probably won’t be enough as they’ve already lost five away. They are going to have to hoover up pretty much every bonus point and hope for the best. 

29 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Erik Riss had three EF's in a row last night for Redcar.  It can happen to "the best" of them.

Whatever happened to German Efficiency ?

10 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Whatever happened to German Efficiency ?

It's managing Oxford -- efficiently!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, StevePark said:

2 .. In his 3rd he just rode into pits instead of completing his 4th lap 

• Thanks 1