British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Wolves vs Kings Lynn

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Must admit, I am a bit disappointed by the response of some on here..

No one seems concerned as to Artem's welfare in all of this..

Get well soon Artem...

#prayforartem....

Lol nothing wrong with the pratt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

Yes and rightly so - as believe it or not, he is withholding his services!

Is he though? Or has he been told he's not required for this meeting?

It's academic anyway as he's clearly injured :D

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Lol nothing wrong with the pratt.

Are you a doctor? 

Show some compassion man....;):D

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Is he though? Or has he been told he's not required for this meeting?

It's academic anyway as he's clearly injured :D

Referring back to one of my earlier posts, that is precisely what Phil Morris or somebody at BSPL headquarters should be finding out. We know he’s not injured… so it’s either:

A - he’s with holding his services so he should be banned for 28 days (or maybe that should be relooked at to be 14 days - that’s a whole other debate….) with a facility allowed

or 

B - Kings Lynn have said don’t bother coming over for this one, we don’t need you - in which case no facility should be granted and Kings Lynn have to face the consequences.

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

Referring back to one of my earlier posts, that is precisely what Phil Morris or somebody at BSPL headquarters should be finding out. We know he’s not injured… so it’s either:

A - he’s with holding his services so he should be banned for 28 days (or maybe that should be relooked at to be 14 days - that’s a whole other debate….) with a facility allowed

or 

B - Kings Lynn have said don’t bother coming over for this one, we don’t need you - in which case no facility should be granted and Kings Lynn have to face the consequences.

or C

he's "injured"

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

Surprised it’s taken this long for your enthusiasm to be at zero - mine been there since that ill-fated night Holder and Batch gate night .I was done after that night  and if anything the sport has become an even bigger farce since that night .

Believe me it's not been much above zero since Holdergate but even though I don't go that often I'm no longer paying 22 quid to a club run in this manner. It's been a sh itshow for too long now.

• Like 1

Are King's Lynn operating team manager replacement tonight?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

I would have thought if they told the truth, they wouldn't be granted a facility and you'd have a junior at number 1... which is no good to anybody. I'll grant you that they've probably tied themselves up in rules of their own making

That is yet another major issue though isn't it?

They should just be able to say exactly what the situation is..

We have guest after guest after guest in virtually every meeting so the actual reasons for them have become irrelevant...

Is he injured? Has he missed a flight? Is anyone talking the piss? 

Who cares....

This way they run the sport, it means so very little other than getting 14 riders in the same place at the same time to race 15 heats of (hopefully) entertaining racing..

We know it's all contrived and made up, so the promoters should just treat us like adults and tell us reasons why things happen..

It won't stop most from going as being "Champions" means so little overall..

The majority of fans nowadays I would suggest are "Speedway Fans" first, and want it to be successful, before getting too engaged in how successful their club is..

Put out some decent racing and crowds will turn up..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Believe me it's not been much above zero since Holdergate but even though I don't go that often I'm no longer paying 22 quid to a club run in this manner. It's been a sh itshow for too long now.

Can’t disagree there - the bit got me and still gets me is they think the paying customers are idiots and the taken for granted bit as well they think oh the fans will turn up what ever we do . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Are King's Lynn operating team manager replacement tonight?

He's injured.....:D

I mean missed his flight...:D

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

Can’t disagree there - the bit got me and still gets me is they think the paying customers are idiots and the taken for granted bit as well they think oh the fans will turn up what ever we do . 

And that's British speedway as a whole to be fair.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, justathought said:

How do you know he's not injured ? 

Maybe I should rephrase that - we all suspect he’s not injured. He himself declared last week he was absolutely fine. Wroclaw said he was fine. He was out on a motocross bike last week apparently and then rode 5 races yesterday absolutely fine. I was also told early last week that there was no way would he be riding away at Wolves on Monday from a reliable source… so my suspicions are, maybe, just maybe…. He’s not injured.

I’m sure Phil Morris and co will look into this though and check out which flight he was due to be on this morning and look for flight purchase history plus medical injury records to prove otherwise - once he’s finished cleaning the helmet line up board for the riders to use on the tele tonight and cleaning the toilets with Carl Johnson

Edited by Najjer
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

We know it's all contrived and made up, so the promoters should just treat us like adults and tell us reasons why things happen..

It won't stop most from going as being "Champions" means so little overall..

The majority of fans nowadays I would suggest are "Speedway Fans" first, and want it to be successful, before getting too engaged in how successful their club is..

Put out some decent racing and crowds will turn up..

I know it, you know it, all Speedway fans know it... there are still some TV, the "media" and sponsors who still need to portray a sport with integrity for their own business and marketing purposes, so we have to go through this charade

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

This is what Alex told me.. " trust me when I say I’m leaving it healthy financially"  No mention of the remainder of the season. I'm guessing Laguta's wages are a problem for Buster.

Unless you have been told something different.

Alarm bells should be ringing at the first two words of that statement 

• Haha 1