British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Wolves vs Kings Lynn

2 hours ago, rocket007 said:

This sport is an absolute joke. There are more clowns in it than Billy Smarts Circus. If a Team owner won't pay the wages of one of his contracted riders, then why is a facility allowed to cover.  Speedway should become like Football, let clubs sign who they like, do away with averages, have one rising star per team. If a side wants to have the best 6 + r/s then so be it. Crowds would probably increase with better riders on show more often. Teams like Man City don't have to get rid of their best players because they won the league, instead they can go and get even better players if required. Speedway should follow this same route. If a Speedway owner has the money, let them get who they want. I would rather pay to watch a side with 6 top riders and a Rookie, than one top rider, one has-been, two never-will, two who might and a youngster. It's time Speedway changed their model as presently it is not working and something needs to be done soon before either Speedway dies or all the supporters who used to go.

Because thats working so well in Rugby Union.....clubs need a budget to work to that is proven to be affordable otherwise the few that are left will go like many before them.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Zach showing far more experienced riders the fastest way around Monmore tonight. Well done to him on his first max. 

Has he scored a full 15 points max for Poole at championship level? 
looking a brilliant prospect 

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Because thats working so well in Rugby Union.....clubs need a budget to work to that is proven to be affordable otherwise the few that are left will go like many before them.

I take it you mean a Budget as in each individual Team ?, because if it's the same budget for every team there is no way of policing it, as it stands we don't have a monetary budget but we have a points limit/budget and that doesn't work either, lets face it Kings Lynn should be in the Championship and so should Peterborough but for the sake of British speedway having a Premier League and a bit of TV money Buster kept both of them in a League where they are making it a joke League, RIP British speedway with these clowns running it.

• Like 1

Having just come on here as I am on holiday.Think there is an overreaction to Laguta missing.We all know this has been going on for years,since I have been going to speedway anyway.Not so long ago Kurtz missed Belle Vues meeting at Lynn with a supposed reaction  to an injury,only to ride in Poland the next evening.Its not good I know but I just can't believe some of those complaining here haven't complained on all fraudulent absences this season.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Rugby union has a salary cap, so not the right comparison 

Edited by Sir Sidney

25 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Has he scored a full 15 points max for Poole at championship level? 
looking a brilliant prospect 

No he said himself its his 1st ever full maximum 

• Thanks 1

Pretty pathetic away performance from the Stars. Decent effort from Morris but 5pts between Harris and Klindt  the other two heat leaders shows how dominant Wolves are at Monmore Green. 

As for Laguta there are no away meetings until mid July - Leicester + Peterborough. So guess more a case of whether further financial cost-cutting has taken place by Chapman. 

The sport is just in the gutter over here . Ego maniacs in charge doing what they please , zero respect for the paying public. A complete clear out required .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

Just confirmed on Eurosport that Artem will return next week. Looks like the home only theory could potentially be true 

And during last weeks updates from BV v Peterborough Dave Rowe said Peterborough were allegedly looking at more team changes soon , :D

That was fairly painful viewing the odd clips that Eurosport showed.

4 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Surprise Surprise Laguta isn't even down to ride in program Harris already in and these were printed last week 

If its Curtis Sports that do the programme, you'll find they have up to the same day to print it so it's as up to date as possible. They do the same at Birmingham. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

Rugby union has a salary cap, so not the right comparison 

It has a salary cap for the majority of the squad but with so many exceptions (can't actually remember how many). Either way the caps are far too high and 3 clubs into administration this year already. Far too many speedway teams follow the same principles of tracking teams they simply cannot afford.

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It has a salary cap for the majority of the squad but with so many exceptions (can't actually remember how many). Either way the caps are far too high and 3 clubs into administration this year already. Far too many speedway teams follow the same principles of tracking teams they simply cannot afford.

Don't I know it as a London Irish fan. I was simply making the point that the analogy was wrong.  A rugby union Premiership side cannot just go out and sign who ever it likes if it can afford it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, justathought said:

How do you know he's not injured ? 

Because he rode in Poland an hour after it was announced he was injured.

4 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Surprise Surprise Laguta isn't even down to ride in program Harris already in and these were printed last week 

The stench of the bs continues.

12 hours ago, justathought said:

I gotta feeling Kings Lynn might do better tonight than most expect .

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe because most expect them to score 25/30 points lol!

Well Lynn couldn't even do better than my "low" predictions!