British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole. BSN Series Final 1st Leg 30/6/23

First big final of the season and it’s the clash of the big two. Being streamed live on BSN so us Pirate fans who can’t travel the huge distance can actually watch it live. 

Will Glasgow build up a big enough lead to defend at Wimborne Road, or will Poole keep it tight? We will have to do better than we did at Oxford last week or the trophy is heading to Scotland!

Hopefully the weather will play fair and there will. E no rainoff risk, though currently it shows being wet.

Thoughts on this one?

This will be a real test to see where we are as a team against Glasgow, let’s hope we keep it close and bring the trophy back to Wimborne road. Will need Worrall & Lawson on it from the start to have any chance. 

What I've said all season. If this was a team wearing any other racesuit I'd see nothing less than 50 points. Rowe, roynon and Newman been v poor at ashfield recently and up until last season Stevie had been patchy. But no doubt will be different riders this time around. Son of god will get his obligatory double figures and imagine cook bros be a tough pairing. Should be cracking meeting would hand off for 50-40 right now.

The forecast for whole of next week does look dreadful though 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

First big final of the season and it’s the clash of the big two. Being streamed live on BSN so us Pirate fans who can’t travel the huge distance can actually watch it live. 

Will Glasgow build up a big enough lead to defend at Wimborne Road, or will Poole keep it tight? We will have to do better than we did at Oxford last week or the trophy is heading to Scotland!

Hopefully the weather will play fair and there will. E no rainoff risk, though currently it shows being wet.

Thoughts on this one?

Rain to win forecast is atrocious all week hope there wrong.

• Like 1

Met office has light rain.

I'll go for 51-39 but might be more like 54-36. Really anything could happen. 

I'm a tigers man we will win at home as long as we have our top 5 racing ,but not over 2 legs our reserves aren't strong enough lee isn't at it at all & ace is very inexperienced & on a 2 point ave so he's on a learning curve ill go 48-42 

The weather will change throughout the week, no point worrying right now. On paper, Poole don't look scary, but they do have a knack of getting it done.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Met office has light rain.

I'll go for 51-39 but might be more like 54-36. Really anything could happen. 

Local forecast has heavy rain all week with dry periods in between showers.

looking out the window today I think I would trust the local forecast.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

The weather will change throughout the week, no point worrying right now. On paper, Poole don't look scary, but they do have a knack of getting it done.

Poole have no real weak links, other than perhaps Roynon at reserve and Kyle is capable of covering if he and Rowe are having off nights. The other 4 look after themselves.

Glasgow made hard work of Edinburgh which I would say is a far weaker side than Poole. 

1 and 5 and 3 and 4 if performing as they should are far stronger.

If Marcin gets the better of Anders it's all down to our pivotal #6 which is where we may slip up.

It's either going to be 12 points + or a heat 13 and 15 scrape through.

Poole are having their usual mid-season (June) lull so anything could happen! Last season We lost at home to Leicester, spoiling our unbeaten home record, and then drew at- home with Plymouth in June so who knows?

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole are having their usual mid-season (June) lull so anything could happen! Last season We lost at home to Leicester, spoiling our unbeaten home record, and then drew at- home with Plymouth in June so who knows?

Who's having the drop in form this year? Have the Cooks Premier team additional rides this year hindered or helped them? 

Edited by Cast1rn

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Who's having the drop in form this year?

1,2,3,6 and 7.

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Glasgow made hard work of Edinburgh which I would say is a far weaker side than Poole. 

1 and 5 and 3 and 4 if performing as they should are far stronger.

If Marcin gets the better of Anders it's all down to our pivotal #6 which is where we may slip up.

It's either going to be 12 points + or a heat 13 and 15 scrape through.

I vote for a scrape through :D

3 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Who's having the drop in form this year? Have the Cooks Premier team additional rides this year hindered or helped them? 

Definitely helped Zach I would say! 

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

1,2,3,6 and 7.

Really? Not sure I would include Ben. He has been doing a lot better than I was expecting as first season as a HL. His only dip in form at Oxford? 

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Local forecast has heavy rain all week with dry periods in between showers.

looking out the window today I think I would trust the local forecast.

Let's hope it's not a repeat of last year! Interesting that Edinburgh ran four heats on Friday and are letting supporters who attended in to a following meeting for £4 - ie a refund of £16+! Quite a difference from Glasgows measly £4 discount albeit they managed six races.

• Like 1