British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole. BSN Series Final 1st Leg 30/6/23

52 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

So you're saying it should have been only 10 points, and it's still unacceptable. Sigh!

Newsflash, every team is built to the same points limit - you're never going to win every meeting like you think you should.

Of course we are going to get beat. In fact for the league to thrive no one team should win every meeting. It would be as dull as the current GP series if that was the case. 

• Like 1

Lot of negative paranoia emanating from Dorset . Cant imagine why , you lost at an inform Oxford , big deal . You drew at Redcar , who beat us home and away in the KO Cup , though we were without Basso in the home leg .

This has all the makings of a classic as long as the weather doesn't spoil it . I think we will win on Friday , but by enough ? Who knows 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

They lost away from home by 14 points (not 30) to a team that's top of the league and unbeaten. Some perspective is needed.

The disappointment is the size of the defeat, bearing in mind previous results at Oxford this season have been a win by 3 points and a loss by only 2 points!

No body is saying Poole should have won but the overall scoreline was disappointing and caused the Poole promotion to comment accordingly - taking nothing away from Oxford, the team in form whereas Poole had a blip as in June 2022.

You'd think there wasn't an Oxford Vs Poole thread for such a discussion...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I do apologise. Seeing your name pop up, I'm never sure what thread it is?!:rofl::cheers:

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I do apologise. Seeing your name pop up, I'm never sure what thread it is?!:rofl::cheers:

Better get to Specsavers then

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Bojangles started the Oxford talk off. He didn't mention anything to do with this meeting. I always get distracted, so I am not taking the blame on this one! 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Poole lost one meeting in June - away from home I might add - and they’re having a mid-season lull?! Hilarious. 

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Bojangles started the Oxford talk off. He didn't mention anything to do with this meeting. I always get distracted, so I am not taking the blame on this one! 

Steady on, I'm not sure my original response to Skidder was exactly about Oxford! Was more about Poole's form heading into this fixture, which was relevant to this thread, no? But blame me if you want.... anyway I'm heading off to buy a Glasgow scarf for the final ;)

Out of interest many Poole fans expected to make the trip? Double edged sword of streaming I suppose with the forecast and distance might keep a lot at home

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Out of interest many Poole fans expected to make the trip? Double edged sword of streaming I suppose with the forecast and distance might keep a lot at home

There will probably be a handful of Poole fans making the trip. But as it’s streamed many hundreds watching online with the BSN.  Gained revenue as even if it wasn’t streamed there wouldn’t be many making the very long journey north. Especially with the dodgy forecast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Coming from a Poole fan I’m guessing your not seeing the irony in this post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Steady on, I'm not sure my original response to Skidder was exactly about Oxford! Was more about Poole's form heading into this fixture, which was relevant to this thread, no? But blame me if you want.... anyway I'm heading off to buy a Glasgow scarf for the final ;)

And the form is about the Oxford meeting! ;)So maybe a bit indirectly. 

This Pirate will be attending this meeting with only light showers forecast. No Craig Cook to get the meeting called off after 5 heats unlike last year, tut tut! Yes I had made the journey!!! Hopefully all set fine for a massive Final against our Scottish rivals & looking forward to both teams giving it everything.

Looking for a Pirate lead to bring back south for next Wednesday. 

C'mon the Boyzzzzzz! :D

Pirate Pride :t:

Edited by lbw

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

So if Poole do lose on Friday, will that then constitute a 'lull' in their form?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So if Poole do lose on Friday, will that then constitute a 'lull' in their form?:rolleyes:

No, they will have arguably lost away from home against the two other best teams in the league. Nothing wrong with that. 

If they also beat you at your place, then I think you can start to worry. 

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1