British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

Premiership pairs 2023

well done to Peterboro yes 2nd place is a very good result for them, and also to BV (winning maybe not a surprise) they put out a strong pairing!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

well done to Peterboro yes 2nd place is a very good result for them, and also to BV (winning maybe not a surprise) they put out a strong pairing!

Watch P/B fans response is all i will say.....

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Watch P/B fans response is all i will say.....

Well maybe they might turn in a decent showing at Leciester in the league! Either that or RW sign for the Lions!

Just got home. The M6 was absolutely appalling.  #viaCoalvilleNextTime

I thought it would be decided between the two Premiership Northern Clubs ... and it was.but in the semi.  Not sure Musielak was ever really comfortable with the track though.

Fair play to Richie Worrall he was the best rider on track tonight (with Klindt a close 2nd) but Panthers never had a hope in the final.  Cook was always coming last against Aces & Tigers pairings.

Jorgensen was awful.. never looked like scoring.  Riss & Masters were not much better. Steve Worrall rode well & was involved in probably the best two races being overhaled by his brother & Holder.

Fair play to Kemp did well for an RS bet Leicester wish they'd chosen Harris or Lawson rather than Sedgeman now. He was poor.

Racing wasn't as good as Aces visit a few weeks ago and neither were the two Lions riders.  Dude on microphone said it was slicker than normal.  It suited Kurtz better (eventually)  once Bewley allowed him the outside gate.  Fricke wasn't as spectacularly awesome as Belle Vue's humbling either .

4 hours ago, Col said:

Just got home. The M6 was absolutely appalling.  #viaCoalvilleNextTime

I thought it would be decided between the two Premiership Northern Clubs ... and it was.but in the semi.  Not sure Musielak was ever really comfortable with the track though.

Fair play to Richie Worrall he was the best rider on track tonight (with Klindt a close 2nd) but Panthers never had a hope in the final.  Cook was always coming last against Aces & Tigers pairings.

Jorgensen was awful.. never looked like scoring.  Riss & Masters were not much better. Steve Worrall rode well & was involved in probably the best two races being overhaled by his brother & Holder.

Fair play to Kemp did well for an RS bet Leicester wish they'd chosen Harris or Lawson rather than Sedgeman now. He was poor.

Racing wasn't as good as Aces visit a few weeks ago and neither were the two Lions riders.  Dude on microphone said it was slicker than normal.  It suited Kurtz better (eventually)  once Bewley allowed him the outside gate.  Fricke wasn't as spectacularly awesome as Belle Vue's humbling either .

M6 without any shadow of doubt is the worst Motorway in the country, but I am sure there are a few contenders for the title of worst Motorway maybe we could have a worst pairs ie M6 & M25 anyone ?.

Edited by heathen52

Congratulations to Belle Vue.  Whilst the Leicester track continues to be a slick borefest it should not have a major event there going forward, it really needs some sort of remedial work on there 

7 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Congratulations to Belle Vue.  Whilst the Leicester track continues to be a slick borefest it should not have a major event there going forward, it really needs some sort of remedial work on there 

And Dickson stated that he had prepared the track different to normal, I am yet to see a decent meeting at Leicester in all the years it’s been open.

The Panthers did very well, it’s clearly Worrall’s favourite track and Cook generally backed him up, but it’s almost always gate and go with very little overtaking.

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Holder had a superb race in heat 13! The Worrall's had a good scrap in 17 and then there was Fricke vs Sheffield in 21... other than that it was pretty turgid stuff

23 heats and you scrape together 3 good races:t:

A long drawn out meeting. Cannot believe how smooth the track is in comparison to last year, lots of hard work gone into that.

Leicester fans saying it was the worse meeting of the year, the Brlle Vue fan I spoke to said it was her third visit this season and was much better earlier in the season.

Overheard a conversation with a frustrated official who said the slow running & long track grades were caused by BSN insisting on interviewing the riders & it taking 20 mins to fit new tyres before the semi. This needs to be thought about going forward.

Having said that I enjoyed the night & will be back at Leicester this season.

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

M6 without any shadow of doubt is the worst Motorway in the country, but I am sure there are a few contenders for the title of worst Motorway maybe we could have a worst pairs ie M6 & M25 anyone ?.

I rarely have any problems on the M6 from Cannock to Altrincham (A556 junction) getting to or from Belle Vue.  The M6 through Walsall & Birmingham is just awful, permanently, even on a Sunday when we often go to Coventry Blaze it can be awful.  The biggest problem getting home from Belle Vue on a night is if the meeting ends 21:45 or later because the M56 is often shut at 22:00 and A roads to Altrincham are not fun.

49 minutes ago, SJA said:

A long drawn out meeting. Cannot believe how smooth the track is in comparison to last year, lots of hard work gone into that.

Leicester fans saying it was the worse meeting of the year, the Brlle Vue fan I spoke to said it was her third visit this season and was much better earlier in the season.

There was an awful lot of tractoring, before the semi I think the entire stadium erupted when the tractor finally left the track.
Track was certainly not as good as when the Aces visited a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Col said:

There was an awful lot of tractoring, before the semi I think the entire stadium erupted when the tractor finally left the track.
Track was certainly not as good as when the Aces visited a few weeks ago.

Terrible wasn't it, just when things should be building up to a big exciting climax... bring the tractors out to kill it all dead!

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

And Dickson stated that he had prepared the track different to normal, I am yet to see a decent meeting at Leicester in all the years it’s been open.

The Panthers did very well, it’s clearly Worrall’s favourite track and Cook generally backed him up, but it’s almost always gate and go with very little overtaking.

Was Phil Morris there? We all know how the GP tracks end up once he's been there....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SJA said:

Overheard a conversation with a frustrated official who said the slow running & long track grades were caused by BSN insisting on interviewing the riders & it taking 20 mins to fit new tyres before the semi. This needs to be thought about going forward.

Having said that I enjoyed the night & will be back at Leicester this season.

Hi SJA,

This is not true. We at BSN work around the club and their own grading schedules. We don’t and never have dictated anything in regards to the running of a meeting - we are simply there to document it.

We interview to fill time because there is a track grade or interval, not the opposite.

Regards,

Ben Duffill (BSN)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jduffill said:

Hi SJA,

This is not true. We at BSN work around the club and their own grading schedules. We don’t and never have dictated anything in regards to the running of a meeting - we are simply there to document it.

We interview to fill time because there is a track grade or interval, not the opposite.

Regards,

Ben Duffill (BSN)

I must be honest Ben I think your coverage is superior to Eurosport

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1