British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TTT

SCB's excuse for Artem Laguta

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Absolutely nothing the SCB can do about a riders absence if a medical certificate has been issued.

absolutely we may all think its bo llax - i'd be interested in what everybody thinks should be done? Are you (not you literally) going to accuse a medical professional of faking a certificate and all that entails!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

In not sticking up for anyone  btw.......This is from the Wolves v King's Lynn thread..... 

"If its Curtis Sports that do the programme, you'll find they have up to the same day to print it so it's as up to date as possible. They do the same at Birmingham."

The SCB said they were informed at mid day on the 26th, with a certificate produced around 1pm. :blink:

At the very best, the time they had to print the programs with Harris in was, as tight as a Nuns undercrackers.  

I've not seen this seasons Wolves prog but Curtis Sport haven't been the printers previously 

53 minutes ago, TTT said:

I give up, I really do, When our great sport eventually comes to an end the blame will lie fully with the higher ups who make our sport comes across like a circus act.

Check this pathetic excuse out.

SCB STATEMENT: ARTEM LAGUTA - Tuesday, June 27, 2023 (britishspeedway.co.uk)

This is right up there with 'please sir, the dog ate my homework!'

• Haha 1

Just now, noaksey said:

I've not seen this seasons Wolves prog but Curtis Sport haven't been the printers previously 

Tbf to the poster, he did say "if". Still all very suspect, as we all know :t:

The good news though is that the Chuckle Brother who is still alive has found gainful employment within the SCB....

#stayofftheprawnsartem

• Haha 1

So we have a certificate, a SCB statement and a pre printed programme by a promoter with a high ranking position. Surely the one to chase here is the promoter with a pre printed programme. Answers need to come from that source even if it means dragging other parties into the mix. The SCB  should call that promoter forward for an explanation as well. 
But, in the best interests of the sport …….

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

absolutely we may all think its bo llax - i'd be interested in what everybody thinks should be done? Are you (not you literally) going to accuse a medical professional of faking a certificate and all that entails!

Dont know what its like in Poland medical wise but these days in the Uk you can get meds such as antibiotics prescribed by a GP without them seeing or examining you they just speak over the phone and ask you as the patient what you want them to do .

• Like 2

Did I read somewhere that Anders Rowe wasnt in the programme?

Anyhow, I want CVS to give me six numbers for the Euromillions..

Could be on a hot streak...:D

Lets get #mysticchris trending on twitter...

Could be a whole new career for the fella...

Spot on Lorraine maybe? 

24 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

A Dr Zhivago signed it seemingly.. 

Who?

No, Zhivago...

I'll get me coat...

• Haha 4

You can just see them sitting around this morning discussing what the next lie would be. "Go with Food Poisoning. We can make that work. Give the Russian with a Polish Passport a seven day ban as well, that wont affect Lynn as they have no meetings and shows the punters that we are doing something".  I said last week he wouldn't be at Wolves after his crash at Lynn. You can predict British Speedway so easily. 

Why anyone still bothers spending their money going to watch it in the UK is beyond me. Evidently at Peterborough last night very few people did give them any money.

I watched it with my wife last night on the TV, she's relatively new to the sport. Admittedly I have introduced her to Polish Speedway and the GP's first, but she said how depressing it was in the UK in comparison. She watched it last night because she likes Bewley,  I prefer to watch the "Low Lights" package afterwards. Her words last night when I try and explain British Speedway were "they just make it up here as they go along". And this SCB statement just about sums that up. 

As I tell my staff at work, never try and pull the wool over the customers eyes, always be honest with them, they'll see right through it. British Speedway has been doing that for years now, they take us for mugs. Its on the scrapheap and needs re-building.....

Edited by Mr Bee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mr Bee said:

Why anyone still bothers spending their money going to watch it in the UK is beyond me. Evidently at Peterborough last night very few people did give them any money.

44 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Whilst idiots keep handing their cash over,, they will keep being treated like idiots,, pretty simple really

Because watching 4 riders race around an oval dirt track on 500cc machines with no brakes still gets me fizzing :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Because watching 4 riders race around an oval dirt track on 500cc machines with no brakes still gets me fizzing :)

And that's it...

Unfortunately though, we still attend in spite of the way it is ran, not because of the way it is ran...

Which is a fraught place to be for your business if your customers view what you offer up in that way..

• Like 2

If the SCB information is correct and was known at lunchtime yesterday, why was the official reason not given out until today. According to the press release the “true facts” were known. Who picked up the cost of his cancelled flight ? 
The real issue here is if he misses one more meeting this year whilst riding elsewhere the SCB, BSPL and Captain transparent Phil are goosed.

The independent ruler that every one wanted in speedway cannot exist in current form.

if emperor Phil with no financial input makes the right call on clubs mis behaving, it will lead to club closing down, or in west Scotland throwing toys out of their pram, which could mean closing down or selling. So his hands are tied.

Buster and Godfrey have been the worse possible leaders of the sport and everyone is now suffering.

Put the fans first with every decision would be a good start, but I believe it’s too late now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2