British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Sheffield v Ipswich Monday July 10th Live on Eurosport

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

If he’s interested then you have to sign him. Would hate to see him riding for someone else here. Think it’s a long shot though as he might be a bit busier next year. 

According to Louis on the podcast Emil has already been asking him about next year

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Shame on Emil for not team riding.

Panthers number 1 Iversen would have looked for his team in that situation.

Good to see you’re well…. I’ve been worried you have gone very quite on the Peterborough thread since Johnson quit 

Poorly built Ipswich side has finally seen the final nail go in their 2023 coffin. 

Can't have a tail end like that in the top league and get away with it, Putting all your eggs in one basket hoping Doyle, Emil and King put up over 40 points between them (Inc TS) isn't going to wash against proper opposition.

Edited by TTT

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Emil and Woofy next year,, and a stronger 2, 6 and 4

I know Woofy isn’t the force he was, but isn’t he on good looking 7.something average?

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Happy days. Louis will have a big decision to make then, as two big hitters hasn’t worked so it’s one or the other most likely. 

Woofy as second heat leader,,, then get ya wallet out for Berntzon,, keep King,,, then someone like Gusts 

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

I know Woofy isn’t the force he was, but isn’t he on good looking 7.something average?

Exactly,,, would smash that 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So he was supposed to slow up and let one of the Sheffield boys go past? Emil did the right thing 

He could have made an attempt to slow up the race a bit IMO, if you let them through, well you've still lost.

38 minutes ago, iainb said:

What is it with Ritchie Hawkins? He's got a face like a slapped arse half the time and doesn't seem to like eye contact... is he the inspiration you need in the pits when the chips are down? I don't know

Scares the s**t out of me. Looks like he's permanently pi**ed off and about to produce an axe

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Scares the s**t out of me. Looks like he's permanently pi**ed off and about to produce an axe

Really. Looks really timid to me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Poorly built Ipswich side has finally seen the final nail go in their 2023 coffin. 

Can't have a tail end like that in the top league and get away with it, Putting all your eggs in one basket hoping Doyle, Emil and King put up over 40 points between them (Inc TS) isn't going to wash against proper opposition.

The side that was built would be in the play offs if all went to plan. The problem has clearly been not being proactive enough to correct two glaring problems, Riss and the rising star. Riss is a 6+ pointer let’s not forget, and can be a match winner on his day. Nobody could foresee the issues he has had this year. Again the problem has been not replacing him quick enough and it’s cost us as well as not going for better available options when Thomas was injured before the season even started. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I think it's more a matter of he's got talk back going on in his ear the whole time,  he's commentating on his own and he's got to keep on taking all the time... and that's not easy... easy for people to criticise though... all the bloody time, on here... even though we can all hear it!!

I agree, boring to keep reading it during and after every meetng he does.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Speedway has much more troubles than prats digging out Tatum.  Lynn, PB and Wolves

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can’t listen to him anymore so I mute the TV and have the radio on at the same time. It’s obviously not the same but it’s the only way I can watch it. 

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Woofy next year

Watching Tai DJing makes me think that he wastes not many of emotions left for making crowd happy about tracks he play. As for speedway, he shakes hands to other riders, tries to joke as if telling to others: "Hey I'm here!". That looks sad to me and Wroclaw is about 99% to put Bewley, his pupil, into Tai's place next year. Of course Falubaz will catch Tai but does he fit to his class now- sadly, no!     

That was fairly turgid viewing on the TV.  Hope it was better in Owlerton.

May as well declare the league done & dusted.  Aces, Leicester, Wolves & Tigers in PO.

Ross was awful, never looked like scoring.  Didn't he win the PLRC (whatever it was then called) at Owlerton a few years ago?

King & Doyle couldn't back Sayfutdinov up enough.  Rew did OK, but needed to win heat 8.