British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Glasgow 12/07/23

17 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

How is this even a debate? If the stream doesn't work, of course you should get a refund. I know some people will take the stance that Birmingham need every penny, etc., but requesting a refund for a broken stream isn't going to keep them going! What might just keep them afloat is good customer service. They should be refunding customers (and apologising) for the issues immediately. Then they'll eventually reap the rewards of that customer coming back and buying the stream again another day, and the day after that, and the day after that. Keep customers happy, and they'll spend money again on another occasion. Upset them, and they probably won't. Simples.

Exactly

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Agree on the irresponsible/idiotic on his part, I can't really see how any performance enhancer would benefit a speedway rider.

The obvious simple example would be greater muscle strength enabling holding on to the handlebars better on a rougher track

I'm sure Nick Morris is in a pretty bad place at the moment. I'm not condoning anything, but considering he came off last week, I hope for his sake it is pain killers and nothing else.  

33 minutes ago, Deano said:

I'm sure Nick Morris is in a pretty bad place at the moment. I'm not condoning anything, but considering he came off last week, I hope for his sake it is pain killers and nothing else.  

Does Nick still lodge with Rosco or did I read somewhere that he'd moved in with his partner?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Does Nick still lodge with Rosco or did I read somewhere that he'd moved in with his partner?

Be good for him if she has imo. As in seasons passed she has stayed back in Aussie? And come over occasionally during the season? Also prob to watch her brother as well. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Are his parents not over here ?, I'm sure Lee and Wendy were living somewhere locally ever since Nick was riding over here, maybe I thought wrong.

Got an email re streaming getting a free pass for another meeting and they have uploaded the meeting to watch for free,well done Birmingham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Got an email re streaming getting a free pass for another meeting and they have uploaded the meeting to watch for free,well done Birmingham.

Good to hear, but, that should have arrived in the subscribers inbox first thing Thursday morning.

I contacted the streamer on Thursday and received a courteous refund.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Deano said:

Surely, if it was painkillers he'd have conformed to the test,  but refusing, only points to one thing?

Hopefully the facts will be published ASAP!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Deano said:

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Surely, if it was painkillers he'd have conformed to the test,  but refusing, only points to one thing?

Those were my thoughts too, of it was painkillers best to take the test, by refusing he can't prove what it was or wasn't. Can't see how it can be anything other than a 2 year ban?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

They can't be until the hearing has been held to establish the true facts.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Did he take any Test or did he refuse to be tested.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Perhaps it doesn’t and if we all knew the full facts then your attitude towards Nick might be different, but I wouldn’t hold my breath

59 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Did he take any Test or did he refuse to be tested.

Leicester website says (in the report of Batchelor signing as Nick Morris's replacement:

"Morris failed to comply with the Alcohol and Doping testing procedure when randomly selected prior to Wednesday’s fixture between Birmingham and Glasgow, and he will be summoned to attend an SCB Disciplinary Court hearing."  This implies (to me, at least) he refused to take the test.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to thank the Birmingham promotion re-the stream for the match. I received an unprompted email indicating the stream had been re-loaded; that I would have a free pass for any meeting; and that if this wasn't satisfactory to contact them. I have watched the stream and despite the lack of Nick Morris there was some excellent racing with Alfie Bowtell showing great skill and more importantly determination - unlike some of his more experienced colleagues. Bomber was superb and every Tiger rode well.

There was, quite rightly,  a lot of criticism by a number of fans about the stream. Just surprised that so few seem to have acknowledged the offer, which I think is a fair one, by the Birmingham owners. But then again perhaps some of those criticising were just jumping on a bandwagon and hadn't actually paid for the stream?

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 4