British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Edinburgh - Champ - 12/6

Lewis Kerr missing for Oxford after his crash at Sheffield last night. Rider replacement in place, with Jody Scott as the number 8.

An Oxford win, but Kerr missing should make it relatively close?

6 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Lewis Kerr missing for Oxford after his crash at Sheffield last night. Rider replacement in place, with Jody Scott as the number 8.

An Oxford win, but Kerr missing should make it relatively close?

Broken collarbone for Kerr, but with everyone bar Masters able to cover his rides, Oxford shouldn't be knocked off top spot any time soon - maybe later?!:t:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Broken collarbone for Kerr, but with everyone bar Masters able to cover his rides, Oxford shouldn't be knocked off top spot any time soon - maybe later?!:t:

Kerr has been riding as well as Masters and Nicholls in recent weeks (especially at home). Nicholls is obviously a good replacement, but can't expect Jenkins, Atkins and Heeps etc. to match Kerr's scoring. Definitely makes Oxford weaker.

It was versus Edinburgh in the cup that Kerr had his big crash. Jenkins and Heeps both won their IRR rides that night. I see they have moved RR to 2 and Atkins to 3. Hopefully don’t use Scott in heat 8 you would hope one of the others would  still be highly competitive in that heat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anzum said:

It was versus Edinburgh in the cup that Kerr had his big crash. Jenkins and Heeps both won their IRR rides that night. I see they have moved RR to 2 and Atkins to 3. Hopefully don’t use Scott in heat 8 you would hope one of the others would  still be highly competitive in that heat.

I'm almost certain Nicholls will be in the heat 8 r/r spot, which as you point out is not wise, waste of using a top rider just to beat Edinburgh's 2+7, but we will see!

Edited by szkocjasid

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm almost certain Nicholls will be in the heat 8 r/r spot, which as you point out is not wise, waste of using a top rider just to beat Edinburgh's 2+7, but we will see!

I always thought back in the days of T/S placing a "star man" in heat eight a waste (especially a double T/S) although on occasions it was the only option by studying the programme and later options. Looks to be another interesting meeting in prospect at Cowley?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I always thought back in the days of T/S placing a "star man" in heat eight a waste (especially a double T/S) although on occasions it was the only option by studying the programme and later options. Looks to be another interesting meeting in prospect at Cowley?

According to @Bojangles this meeting happened a month ago. So did Scott end up riding in H8? ;)

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

According to @Bojangles this meeting happened a month ago. So did Scott end up riding in H8? ;)

Good grief, you’re right! How on Earth did I manage to do that? Clearly got a little overexcited at the prospect of Edinburgh’s visit. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Will this match be streamed?

No Oxford don’t stream any more

44 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Will this match be streamed?

Just stream Poole v Berwick or Birmingham v Glasgow lol

5 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Just stream Poole v Berwick or Birmingham v Glasgow lol

A shame there's no streaming at Oxford, this will be one of the very few Monarchs' matches I won't see this season (the earlier cup match was on BSN).

Edinburgh should do better with Picko back, who is usually excellent at Oxford. Much will depend on how Bastian takes to the track and if Lasse's recent form means he can improve on his 1 point score in April. Kye is also key, and he showed encouraging signs at Scunthorpe - he didn't score much but was unlucky in his first ride (leading when stopped) and battled from the back for his other points.

Oxford riding very well at the moment and only slightly weakened with R/R for Lewi, so would be happy to get around 40.

Kerr missing just means we won’t get beat by as many. Would still like to think it will be fairly comfortable for the cheetahs.

13 hours ago, steve roberts said:

If an away team is looking to avoid a drubbing, then it makes sense for "guaranteed" points, don't understand why riders like Nicholls or Laguta are used in heat 8?

Same issues as all season a third heat leader in Thomson who’s been nothing short of embarrassing all season and lucky to still have a spot imo and a number 1 who can’t win races.