British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

Plans for next season ?

I mentioned this on another thread but got shot down, all issues with Speedway can't be fixed during one winter....

I've suggested one league or a north/south split but you run two teams within one

Top 4 are your main body riders with no.1 & no. 4 being the only heat leaders in the side

No.5 is a senior reserve rider, with no.6 and 7 being reserves 

2 x reserve races featuring 6 & 7, they get a ride each with the no.5 so only 3 programmed rides

The senior reserve at no.5 rides with 2 & 3 in a heat so get 4 programmed rides

The top 4 all race against each other and with two nominated heats you get 14 overall heats of racing, the top 4 will likely get 5 rides each

teams build sides mainly for who can race on their best race night as whats important is to get fans to attend the home meetings

you may need guests away if you have a rider in Poland and its a weekend track

6 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I mentioned this on another thread but got shot down, all issues with Speedway can't be fixed during one winter....

They have had about 25 winters and not even fixed one.......but who knows, maybe the appointment of some bloke last winter might keep that Eternal hope spring flowing ?

One thing certain of when it comes to the AGM they will say this is a crucial/important one.... again :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've suggested one league or a north/south split but you run two teams within one

Top 4 are your main body riders with no.1 & no. 4 being the only heat leaders in the side

No.5 is a senior reserve rider, with no.6 and 7 being reserves 

2 x reserve races featuring 6 & 7, they get a ride each with the no.5 so only 3 programmed rides

The senior reserve at no.5 rides with 2 & 3 in a heat so get 4 programmed rides

The top 4 all race against each other and with two nominated heats you get 14 overall heats of racing, the top 4 will likely get 5 rides each

teams build sides mainly for who can race on their best race night as whats important is to get fans to attend the home meetings

you may need guests away if you have a rider in Poland and its a weekend track

why would a youngster travel for just three rides? 

6 or even 5 man teams are the only sensible option

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Where are you Daniel? Bated breath here!!

Still waiting myself, not sure if I've been had :lol:

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Still waiting myself, not sure if I've been had :lol:

That is/would of been a big one at this stage of the season.

The sport is too far gone now. Undoubtedly there will be lip service changes made in the winter that benefit the higher percentage of clubs that vote for them. We need to rip it up and start again. 

Alarm bells should have started ringing when the biggest, best run club in the sport (Poole) dropped a division because they couldn’t sustain top tier Speedway. 

Speedway is cocaine. Addictive, but by the time it reaches the end user it’s been cut with so much rubbish by the dealer that it barely resembles the pure product. Only a few gullible fools can’t see that and carry on with it to get their hit. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

The sport is too far gone now. Undoubtedly there will be lip service changes made in the winter that benefit the higher percentage of clubs that vote for them. We need to rip it up and start again. 

Alarm bells should have started ringing when the biggest, best run club in the sport (Poole) dropped a division because they couldn’t sustain top tier Speedway. 

Speedway is cocaine. Addictive, but by the time it reaches the end user it’s been cut with so much rubbish by the dealer that it barely resembles the pure product. Only a few gullible fools can’t see that and carry on with it to get their hit

I find that offensive. I still attend meetings up and down the country and still thoroughly enjoy it. I don’t consider myself a “gullible fool” either. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Speedway is cocaine. Addictive, but by the time it reaches the end user it’s been cut with so much rubbish by the dealer that it barely resembles the pure product. Only a few gullible fools can’t see that and carry on with it to get their hit. 

Not sure we would have if we were allowed Weds nights though imo. They were losing too much money riding on Thursdays (the crowd was half what it is now). 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure we would have if we were allowed Weds nights though imo. They were losing too much money riding on Thursdays (the crowd was half what it is now). 

Even now never really understood that about Thursday being so down on a Wednesday if it meant top league racing( although I think the championship is the place to be so did make the right move anyway), perhaps curry club at Spoons, main swingers night is Thursday night in Poole, perhaps you could enlighten me....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Even now never really understood that about Thursday being so down on a Wednesday if it meant top league racing( although I think the championship is the place to be so did make the right move anyway), perhaps curry club at Spoons, main swingers night is Thursday night in Poole, perhaps you could enlighten me....

Thursday night is top prize at the Bingo 

5 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Everyone has busy social lives and Weds is marked as speedway night? 

Seriously, I have no idea why Thursday night is a problem! 

1 minute ago, noaksey said:

Thursday night is top prize at the Bingo 

Is it? Can't stand bingo myself. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Everyone has busy social lives and Weds is marked as speedway night? 

Seriously, I have no idea why Thursday night is a problem! 

Is it? Can't stand bingo myself. 

House!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

This has always been a big mystery to me, what's so wrong with Thursday's? Surely this just proves that people like going out on a Wednesday evening in Poole and not a Thursday. If you support your club you go (if you can) on whatever night of the week... what's the other big attraction in Poole on a Thursday evening?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Richspeedway said:

One thing certain of when it comes to the AGM they will say this is a crucial/important one.... again :rolleyes:

Been saying that since the 1950s - found an old world final programme at my folks a few years back and they were saying the exact same thing back then - over the winter we face some difficult choices and decisons!!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1