British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Because we would be deluged with SCB press releases saying rider x tested negative for drugs and rider y has a legal sized engine. Neither of these are newsworthy

I would be interested to know how many tests are carried out during a season without the need to declare each one individually 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Odds On said:

failing to take a drugs test is as bad as failing one, end of.

like the covid jab:rofl:

7 minutes ago, DazS said:

like the covid jab:rofl:

Totally different. The jab was always an option, drug testing isn't!

• Like 2

you have 2 options in everything unless you live in a dictatorship.

11 minutes ago, DazS said:

you have 2 options in everything unless you live in a dictatorship.

so do you think taking a drugs test is optional in speedway?..simple yes or no would suffice in your answer.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Odds On said:

so do you think taking a drugs test is optional in speedway?..simple yes or no would suffice in your answer.

as you know its not optional, do as we say or we will end your career, authority loves to make you think its yes or no. the word drug covers a very wide range of things. you see your mind set is go thru a red light you should be fined. speeding you should be fined/ or banned, even though you may not of harmed anyone. id say you would fail the Milgram experiment they did in the sixties. I'm not saying you should be able to ride drugged up or drunk. but if you are acting normal whatever that means these days, no one should be able to tell you what to do. might sound mad to you, but you have been trained how to think, a bit like commentators repeating you could throw a blanket over all of them, and all the other stuff. Sorry if it confuses you. but i know your answer.

6 minutes ago, DazS said:

as you know its not optional, do as we say or we will end your career, authority loves to make you think its yes or no. the word drug covers a very wide range of things. you see your mind set is go thru a red light you should be fined. speeding you should be fined/ or banned, even though you may not of harmed anyone. id say you would fail the Milgram experiment they did in the sixties. I'm not saying you should be able to ride drugged up or drunk. but if you are acting normal whatever that means these days, no one should be able to tell you what to do. might sound mad to you, but you have been trained how to think, a bit like commentators repeating you could throw a blanket over all of them, and all the other stuff. Sorry if it confuses you. but i know your answer.

Is the person for real? Think you need to head over (and stay) on the Covid thread or something. You'll like it there. Now....let's get back to the real world.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Is the person for real? Think you need to head over (and stay) on the Covid thread or something. You'll like it there. Now....let's get back to the real world.

:rofl:yes covid didn't effect the real world.

4 hours ago, Odds On said:

Don't give the stupid one a response.

Maybe they could just announce that on such and such a date the testers found no non negative tests at whichever track they name in the article.

• Like 2

Most, if not all sports have drug testing. Much of it random and unannounced. Many carry out “out of competition” testing. Only if there is a positive or suspected positive result is anything publicised. To do so would involve daily meaningless bulletins. 
Why should speedway be different? It is not a secret that drug testing takes place in speedway, both in the UK and elsewhere so what purpose would be served making details of negative tests public?

As I understand it, testing is carried out by an independent organisation so, at a guess, even SCB members won’t know when and where though it’s likely they will be informed of the details after the event. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Most, if not all sports have drug testing. Much of it random and unannounced. Many carry out “out of competition” testing. Only if there is a positive or suspected positive result is anything publicised. To do so would involve daily meaningless bulletins. 
Why should speedway be different? It is not a secret that drug testing takes place in speedway, both in the UK and elsewhere so what purpose would be served making details of negative tests public?

As I understand it, testing is carried out by an independent organisation so, at a guess, even SCB members won’t know when and where though it’s likely they will be informed of the details after the event. 

Professional sportspeople should not be failing drug test given how much information they are given nowadays.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Professional sportspeople should not be failing drug test given how much information they are given nowadays.

I agree. And yet some still do

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Whilst I agree that professional sportspeople need to be aware about what they are taking it is near impossible to know what goes into over the counter drugs & with different brands having slightly different make ups. In the past I have asked a pharmasist for drugs that conform with the IOF list & the reply I got was "I think these are OK"... Not exactly inspiring confidence when you get that answer from someone who should be regarded as an expert.

All that said when selected for a drug test the selected competitor will be asked to declare any & all medication they have used recently & that will include even the most innocent sounding such as birth control, paracetomol or even a covid jab