British Speedway Forum
comet49

Under 21 Final, Glasgow, 16/07/23 2pm

Is there possibility running Monday night? Only decent forecast I can find for next 2 weeks up here. Guess might not be allowed to run against EL?

The rain should clear up, and I’d think it will be possible to run the meeting today. No rain once we get to the afternoon. It’s possible the start might be delayed, I guess, depending on how much rain has fallen at the track. But I’m assuming it’ll go ahead

25 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Met office forecast for Glasgow looks bad   

80% - 90% rain until 12pm.  Then 50% rain until 6pm.  

I never trust the Met Office! But more seriously, that's an outlier compared to the other forecasts I have seen. It's been fairly dry this morning. Even if there is rain, the predictions I have seen have been 1-2mm, so I don't see an issue, other than having said it, I will be proved very wrong.

43 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I never trust the Met Office! But more seriously, that's an outlier compared to the other forecasts I have seen. It's been fairly dry this morning. Even if there is rain, the predictions I have seen have been 1-2mm, so I don't see an issue, other than having said it, I will be proved very wrong.

The metoffice is the only one to trust 

• Like 2

At the stadium. Has not rained in the last for the  last 2 hours. Ground is dry,  very windy with low cloud. The odd spit of rain in the air. Riders turning up. All systems go!!

About an hour away travelling to back the Worky boys! 

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

53 minutes ago, therefused said:

The metoffice is the only one to trust 

For Scotland forecasts Windy Wilson is the way to go or Sean Batty.  No point in looking at the Met office forecasts for Scotland they are rarely accurate

Yeah, no, for sure

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Who's on comms today on bsn? 

Yeah, no, for sure, Jacob Hook

Yeah, no, for sure, there's not many there is there for sure

Tell you what , three heats in and the racing has been brilliant 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure, there's not many there is there for sure

Not sure why iainb but over the years there's been some very good meetings in the u19 and u21. Don't know why it's not better supported.