British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole Championship. 30/7/23 6pm

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What about Luke Harrison when what's his name comes back. Can picture him, forget his name. I'm definitely getting old lol.

Edit - Jake Mulford, that's it!! 

Where is Joe Thompson in the Champ?

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

What poor losers are suppoters are. well some of them 

Poole are a very good team you just never seem to be able to shrug them off and tonight was another example of that.

Of course they will lose away but over two legs I cannot see anyone beating them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was very impressed with Hagon tonight beating Worrall was the highlight of the night for me, you know stroppy Steve would have had the proverbial meltdown in the pits after that.

Out of character for Steve, his head really did explode in ht15 when there was no need.

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Where is Joe Thompson in the Champ?

Don't think he is with anyone. Not sure on his average though. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Don't think he is with anyone. Not sure on his average though. 

Also injured 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MD said:

Had Havelock reserve switched Newman for Roynon in ht14 and given Roynon either one of ht6 or ht9 for Newman to help get rid of his third ride, it would have been easier for Poole to pick up third place in ht14. Why he didn't is inexplicable.

Having been in total command at ht10 with the TS dispensed and being 10 points ahead, the dreaded regrade handed the ascendency back to Poole who won four of the last five heats. I'm still lost why we do it when it isn't advantageous to us or why it has to be fixed to ht10. If we must have it, it should be when it benefits us.

We never seem to learn our lesson happens most weeks.

• Like 2

Just now, Pirates Of Poole said:

So would fit, so depends how bad his injury is and if he wants to of course!! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

So would fit, so depends how bad his injury is and if he wants to of course!! 

Broken collarbone at Edinburgh in abandoned meeting about a month ago, maybe more 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MD said:

Had Havelock reserve switched Newman for Roynon in ht14 and given Roynon either one of ht6 or ht9 for Newman to help get rid of his third ride, it would have been easier for Poole to pick up third place in ht14. Why he didn't is inexplicable.

Having been in total command at ht10 with the TS dispensed and being 10 points ahead, the dreaded regrade handed the ascendency back to Poole who won four of the last five heats. I'm still lost why we do it when it isn't advantageous to us or why it has to be fixed to ht10. If we must have it, it should be when it benefits us.

Agree about the heat changes for Roynon.

I am sure the Fords won’t make any hasty decisions. First job is to see if Roynons lawnmower can be turned into a speedway bike. 

But considering we were ten down and to come back so well shows the team is still fighting hard.

Well done to the Tigers tonight on the points. The playoffs are going to be fun this season. Four teams in with a shout of the title.

31 minutes ago, MD said:

The obvious time to give Roynon his 3rd ride was heat 9 against the Basso / Vissing pairing imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am sure the Fords won’t make any hasty decisions. First job is to see if Roynons lawnmower can be turned into a speedway bike. 

But considering we were ten down and to come back so well shows the team is still fighting hard.

Well done to the Tigers tonight on the points. The playoffs are going to be fun this season. Four teams in with a shout of the title.

I dont think the team needs any changes, Adam is never going to score many but he should have a bike that lasts four laps and should be quick enough to beat the likes of Coles. He needs to get his machinery sorted then he will be fine.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I heard it was Anders Rowe 

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That would make more sense! But would they pair them together if that was the case? 

I don't imagine Middlo would let any riders dictate to him where they race in the team. I'm pretty sure he'd tell them to "buck up" and race where they are told!

• Like 1