British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole Championship. 30/7/23 6pm

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There will be a few Poole fans making the trip. Rob is flying up from Bristol to Glasgow, arriving at 2pm then busing it in to the centre. Flying back 8 am the next day. Approx £80 return for flights, £20 bus to centre, plus train, plus hotel, plus £70 car park at Bristol. Ouch! Hope it’s not rained off!

Poole International Airport closed for refurbishment again? ;)

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

Jetsetters international some will do anything for air miles.

33 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

No flights Bournemouth to Glasgow. Southampton to Glasgow but it’s extortionate. Either Bristol or Gatwick on EasyJet. Cheaper parking at Bristol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

There was a shocking amount of dust at last night's meeting and yet i never once saw the track being watered. I got a real eyeful. Perhaps the tractor drivers should spend less time trying to murder the track staff and more time watering the track. 

Good racing though but not great. Probably because of the dry track.

What concerns me the most though is Glasgow's inability to beat the better teams over two legs. Redcar, Poole and Oxford most likely have all comfortably seen off the Tigers in recent months. It doesn't matter if Ashfield holds such a home track advantage if they constantly underachieve on the road. This isn't a title-winning side from what i've seen so far.

Tom looked better tonight. Claus continues to fustrate with his machine problems. I'm always tempted to write 'EF' in the programme every time he takes to the track to save myself time after the race when i'm busy writing in the winning time. I can't understand why he is having so much trouble finishing four laps.

Anyway, congratulations to the Pirates, they deserved to win the BSN trophy over the two legs and were a class act.

Should this not be on last night’s meeting thread?……….anyhow, I don’t know how you missed seeing the track being watered……

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

There was a shocking amount of dust at last night's meeting and yet i never once saw the track being watered. I got a real eyeful. Perhaps the tractor drivers should spend less time trying to murder the track staff and more time watering the track. 

Good racing though but not great. Probably because of the dry track.

What concerns me the most though is Glasgow's inability to beat the better teams over two legs. Redcar, Poole and Oxford most likely have all comfortably seen off the Tigers in recent months. It doesn't matter if Ashfield holds such a home track advantage if they constantly underachieve on the road. This isn't a title-winning side from what i've seen so far.

Tom looked better tonight. Claus continues to fustrate with his machine problems. I'm always tempted to write 'EF' in the programme every time he takes to the track to save myself time after the race when i'm busy writing in the winning time. I can't understand why he is having so much trouble finishing four laps.

Anyway, congratulations to the Pirates, they deserved to win the BSN trophy over the two legs and were a class act.

Thought I saw them putting water on track?

• Like 4

On 7/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, Fromafar said:

Thought I saw them putting water on track?

Yes the water truck went round but the other 2 tractors immediately blended it in which kinda dried it out straightaway. But a dog cocking it's leg produces more water on tap than the Glasgow water truck! :D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 2

Pirates will win at Glasgow in the league because in the BSN Final some tactical changes at reserve were not made as they were not necessary in the context of winning the trophy.

C'mon the Boyzzzzz :t:

• Like 1

Glasgow v Everybody's favourite team part 2 next Sunday should be another interesting clash . Our bottom end vulnerability is cancelled out slightly by Poole's bottom end looking nothing special . 

I'm confident we can at least equal Friday night's 48-42 result , and continue our progress towards the play offs . 

17 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Glasgow v Everybody's favourite team part 2 next Sunday should be another interesting clash . Our bottom end vulnerability is cancelled out slightly by Poole's bottom end looking nothing special . 

I'm confident we can at least equal Friday night's 48-42 result , and continue our progress towards the play offs . 

Should be cracking meeting could go anyway IMO.Anders Rowe is the key man for me.Was expecting better from him on Friday.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Should be cracking meeting could go anyway IMO.Anders Rowe is the key man for me.Was expecting better from him on Friday.

Zach Cook will be key on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Vissing should hopefully have his bike issues resolved, normally good for double figures at home.

Hopefully a cracker but with the riders that will be on show there should be no reason for it not too be.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Both number fours need to up their game for next week 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Paulco said:

Both number fours need to up their game for next week 

If they both up their game, does that cancel each other out? 48-42 again?

On 7/21/2023 at 10:30 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Well after tonight all eyes will be on the Championship meeting to be held next Sunday at 6PM. Tonight we have been told the track was very different to normal and there’s usually more passing than we witnessed on BSN. Yer, right!

So will Glasgow doctor the track again from the norm, or will they make it extra deep and grippy? Every trick in the book will no doubt come out to give Glasgow the biggest advantage possible to bring to Poole. I don’t blame them, they have to do what they can. But changing the track takes away home advantage. And Poole will be able to use a T/R next Sunday if needs be. And not use Roynon in heat 14.

I am guessing there will be no stream, which is frankly pathetic these days. Don’t thenGlasgow promotion realise there is money to be made from streaming and they are missing out on tapping into a large speedway fanbase who would be more than happy to splash out 12 quid to watch the meeting on their TV’s? Fans who would not be at Ashfield anyway?

There will be a few Poole fans making the trip. Rob is flying up from Bristol to Glasgow, arriving at 2pm then busing it in to the centre. Flying back 8 am the next day. Approx £80 return for flights, £20 bus to centre, plus train, plus hotel, plus £70 car park at Bristol. Ouch! Hope it’s not rained off!

Will Glasgow get enough of a lead to bring to Poole for the bonus? Will Poole turn over Glasgow?

Could be a belter. Thoughts?

Forum F@nny.

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If they both up their game, does that cancel each other out? 48-42 again?

Hope so