British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole Championship. 30/7/23 6pm

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Vissing is getting a fair bit of stick, he signed on a 5 and on the whole this season his scores have been really good have they not?

Correct. Most criticism seems to come from non Glasgow fans or those that can only seem to remember his last meeting. 

I think tigers will edge this at home even with hagon & coles strangely enough lee had his best meeting at ashfield last time out ,for me he looked quicker than his usual so we could have done with him in this & im a ctitic of lee,  just not sure about coles replacing lee but the numbers we are hampered ,sam hagon is about same standard as ace so not much difference there but obviously ace knows ashfield track better tho sam has been recently  , anyway will be a good meeting not much in it if tigers can get claus back in points then a narrow home win 

Claus has been great, though a bit of bike trouble recently and does have a propensity to take a rider’s wheel with him when he passes, which some refs don’t seem to like.

Edited by Noelinho

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

You can't bring a 4 point guest in for a 3.61 reserve!

Do we even have 3.61? As it's a non Speedway absence isn't it 75% of the average, circa 2.7? 

11 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Do we even have 3.61? As it's a non Speedway absence isn't it 75% of the average, circa 2.7? 

Not sure if that rule applies to reserves? Someone will no doubt clarify.

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure if that rule applies to reserves? Someone will no doubt clarify.

*Edit sorry misread it's early

I think Glasgow get the facility due to the "extenuating circumstances " his wedding being scheduled on a day when there wasn't meant to be a meeting.

The 25% below the absent riders CMA is only when no facility is granted (pages 99 and 119 for those who care :rolleyes:)

Edited by Cast1rn

So glasgow could have got Jacob hook James Pearson Joe Thomson instead of coles hmmm...I personally would prefer any of those riders if I'm honest but i wish connor well & hope he gets a few points, 2 guests at reserve isn't ideal but it is what it is 

17 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

So glasgow could have got Jacob hook James Pearson Joe Thomson instead of coles hmmm...I personally would prefer any of those riders if I'm honest but i wish connor well & hope he gets a few points, 2 guests at reserve isn't ideal but it is what it is 

No they couldn't!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

*Edit sorry misread it's early

I think Glasgow get the facility due to the "extenuating circumstances " his wedding being scheduled on a day when there wasn't meant to be a meeting.

The 25% below the absent riders CMA is only when no facility is granted (pages 99 and 119 for those who care :rolleyes:)

Might be wrong but don't think the BSPL took this line with the two Wolves riders who had booked a holiday in the thought to be blank week due to the World Team Cup. They got guests with an average of 25% less than the riders they replaced. 

31 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Might be wrong but don't think the BSPL took this line with the two Wolves riders who had booked a holiday in the thought to be blank week due to the World Team Cup. They got guests with an average of 25% less than the riders they replaced. 

Booking a holiday ..... And a wedding may just be viewed slightly differently :D, I genuinely have no idea but what I find funny is that in the rule book, it states a facility will only be granted if....... And then lists A-P reasons why it would be granted, what flipping rule book has 16 flipping reasons why something would be allowed :rofl:.

52 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

None one of them is over 3-61 on rolling averages so why not ??.

It's their Green Sheet, Calculated Match Average that it's based off of and they're both on 4. Aussies (or riders that haven't ridden in Poland, Sweden or Denmark) come in on a Assessed average of 4 and I have a niggly feeling they can't drop below that.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Booking a holiday ..... And a wedding may just be viewed slightly differently :D, I genuinely have no idea but what I find funny is that in the rule book, it states a facility will only be granted if....... And then lists A-P reasons why it would be granted, what flipping rule book has 16 flipping reasons why something would be allowed :rofl:.

Correct me if I'm wrong didn't we get a facility for Marcin at Edinburgh for his stag do? Seem to remember blobby etc losing their minds about it because we used heeps. By same reckoning you'd assume a wedding get facility too 

pretty sure lee booked his wedding last year when they found out it was world cup week but if this meeting had been run on friday he was willing to come ride the night before his wedding but then it got changed to the sunday