British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Debbi

Will Tai be able to race in the SWC

17 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

If the other bloke has ended up with a broken arm it's unfortunate but if you're in an area you shouldn't be and trying to provoke the opposition supporters, then it's your own fault. A bit stupid from Woffinden to react in that way, could maybe get a fine but talk of a ban seems extreme and the suggestion of police involvement is ridiculous. 

Why is police involvement ridiculous?

It is a potential assault, which if it had happened in the street would involve the Police

• Like 3

Face planting someone like that, can have disastrous consequences. A man in the US was recently paralysed for life after a cop (who is now facing jail time) used a similar move on him. A very stupid and dangerous thing to do...

• Like 9

I don't see a great deal of difference here than Jonny Bairstow carrying off a 'just stop oil' protester from the pitch at Lords a few weeks ago.

• Confused 2

I'm not a Tai hater, but I can't condone that.

In the Johnny Bairstow incident, the protester was carried from the field of play and dropped into the grass beyond the boundary. He was fully aware of what was going on throughout, and would have been able to prepare himself for the short drop onto the grass. 

Sneaking up behind someone and upending them onto a hard surface in that manner was a stupid and dangerous thing to do. The fan was an idiot but the situation didn't warrant it in my opinion. The victim was a big old unit and would have landed heavily, with little time to react to the situation before hitting the deck. 

It looked more an act of aggression on Tai's part than containment to me.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm not a Tai hater, but I can't condone that.

In the Johnny Bairstow incident, the protester was carried from the field of play and dropped into the grass beyond the boundary. He was fully aware of what was going on throughout, and would have been able to prepare himself for the short drop onto the grass. 

Sneaking up behind someone and upending them onto a hard surface in that manner was a stupid and dangerous thing to do. The fan was an idiot but the situation didn't warrant it in my opinion. The victim was a big old unit and would have landed heavily, with little time to react to the situation before hitting the deck. 

It looked more an act of aggression on Tai's part than containment to me.

Agree and there was just no need!! Im no Tai hater but he seems to revel in proving what a “tough” guy he is like he constantly has to prove it 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Video does Tai no favours at all. He shouldn’t have done that. Even if the fan was in an area he shouldn’t have been. 

On 7/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, Ghostwalker said:

The incident from another view. You clearly see how the man waves his arns aaround after he got up. There is no way that that man has a broken arm.9

https://fb.watch/lXIclkeBh4/

Looks worse from this angle. Laughing about it as well.. No need for big spuds,  just let the security deal with it. 

It's just a shame Tai can't attack his opponents from behind on the track in such an effective manner anymore  :D

• Haha 6

In my opinion; The home team receive a severe rollocking for failing to control their own fans. The fan will be banned by the club from home matches & by the PZM from all Polish speedway. Woffinden will also receive a rollocking & a suspended ban. Teams will only be allowed to make a parade win/loose or draw from the racing surface. There will be some settlement over the whole incident so it will not get to a hearing.

Just my opinion

• Like 1

The "fan" was in the wrong place(at the wrong time).

Did he or could he have had a knife?

And what about all these JSO protesters? could any of them had a knife at the crucible, cricket or elsewhere. Just because they wear orange/white shirts with JSO on the front doesn't make them an innocent individual!

Where was the security before Tai intervened?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

The "fan" was in the wrong place(at the wrong time).

Did he or could he have had a knife?

And what about all these JSO protesters? could any of them had a knife at the crucible, cricket or elsewhere. Just because they wear orange/white shirts with JSO on the front doesn't make them an innocent individual!

Where was the security before Tai intervened?

We’re getting in the realms of fantasy now.He wasn’t even facing the riders,when he was tackled.When you look  at the riders faces they were have a laugh about it.

ps

try stabbing Rider with all that body armour they wear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

We’re getting in the realms of fantasy now.He wasn’t even facing the riders,when he was tackled.When you look  at the riders faces they were have a laugh about it.

ps

try stabbing Rider with all that body armour they wear.

Think we entered fantasy realm with the whole broken arm thing…..