British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Is that a recent thing then as Poole had one hovering around between startline and bend 1. Would have been 2021 or 2022 season (not for a whole season mind! -might have only been for a few meetings) though. It was a bit annoying, like a wasp lol. 

But tbf it was a small drone and prob only went up 2-3 metres in the air.

Edit - I think it moved around in between races,  it might have been grounded when a race was happening. 

I wouldn’t know about that, the law came in around 2019, but no idea when drones were added to the speedway rule book. 
If you have a professional commercially licensed pilot you may be able to do it with special clearance, but those drones and operators are fairly expensive usually. For a normal drone that most people have you would be able to no.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IanBrannan said:

It's in the SCB rule book, but basically it's the same laws applying to every drone in the UK which is they have to be flown at least 150 metres away from gatherings of people.

Unless you have the appropriate pilots licence …it is possible . Ask blumonkey media . 

Was scrolling to find a suitable post to add this too, 

Could I please ask that the 2024 package is available for purchase before Christmas, so that I can avoid unnecessary presents that I have no want or need for :)

Been the best entertainment all season long.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Could I please ask that the 2024 package is available for purchase before Christmas, so that I can avoid unnecessary presents that I have no want or need for :)

The Championship season pass was available before Christmas last year - with an early bird discount.

I'm sure if the BSPL sort out the league structure at their November AGM then BSN will have packages available before Christmas.

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Certainly has been great value and entertaining to watch.Hope they have had a profitable 1st season.5*

Can’t agree more. Those that don’t have it are certainly missing out and for those that can’t afford a big lump sum, they do monthly direct debits. 

Only thing they could improve on, is to have more meetings!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t agree more. Those that don’t have it are certainly missing out and for those that can’t afford a big lump sum, they do monthly direct debits. 

I'm off for a lie down I'm a dark room 

First time I've ever agreed with SS

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Wait till you get up tomorrow,things will probably have changed.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I'm a blue tooth brush!:rofl: (for those of a certain age)

10 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

It's the same for me too:lol:. I only have the Prem package, and it's been great.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm a blue tooth brush!:rofl: (for those of a certain age)

My thumb to touchscreen calibration is out

In my defence M'Lud 

• Haha 1

As for BSN I've had the season pass at early bird price and generally enjoyed the coverage. If I was to be overly picky -as many are with Eurosport - I would prefer some different ' booth presenters' who are less 'shouty'! (Sometimes you just get the urge to shove a pie in their mouth!!):rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have to agree with SS, the whole package has been excellent value for money. The only thing I would like is for the full scores from each team at the end of the meeting, maybe as opposed to the scores half way through the meeting.

My only complaint is too much roynon. Not a fan of his, but probably personal preference prefer Greg Blair. When it's a crucial heat 13 between Glasgow and Oxford and he's shouting up the pirates just not on for me (as it would be for any other club name).

Other than that it's a great product and not had any of the issues had in the first season. Think the champ as a product is more entertaining than prem personally as well. Been many a snoozefest on Eurosport this year despite what Kelvin tries to tell you!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

My only complaint is too much roynon. Not a fan of his, but probably personal preference prefer Greg Blair. When it's a crucial heat 13 between Glasgow and Oxford and he's shouting up the pirates just not on for me (as it would be for any other club name).

Other than that it's a great product and not had any of the issues had in the first season. Think the champ as a product is more entertaining than prem personally as well. Been many a snoozefest on Eurosport this year despite what Kelvin tries to tell you!

Have do agree, the whole production comes tumbling down with roynon on commentary, he stumbles over basic command of the English language. Enjoyed Ben Barker much more.

• Like 4