British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
klstarsfan

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Peterborough Panthers

Does anyone know what's going on with MPT? Half of the 50/50 draw was for him apparently. Also presenter made a remark that he's struggling mentally, physically and financially. Doesn't seem like he's going to be riding the rest of the year, and yet no replacement is being touted with the impending transfer deadline in 4 days...

37 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Out of interest, what was the 50/50 prize payout tonight? Last weeks prize ( £102) seemed poor to me although it was apparently a season record. Since attendance figures are never revealed, the 50/50 prize pot is probably the next best thing for an indication of crowd size.

The total before splitting was announced 

as £294 if I heard correctly.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Reality got you as well now then , 

Afraid so, i cannot go much these says due to work and family commitments so tonight, as i was off i went. Wish i hadnt bothered! 
I will see what sort of team we have in 2024.

4 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

Heat 1, 19:51

2, 19:56

3, 20:02

4, 20:10

5, 20:14

6, 20:17

7, 20:22

8, 20:26

9, 20:40

10, 20:45

11, 21:05

12, 21:09

13, 21:15

14, 21:27

15, 21:42

:D

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

Somebody called offbeatdave was posting race information on the Live Updates thread. Not all the times were posted. If anyone can fill in the blanks that would be good

5    60.65
6    59.63
7    59.85
8    60.00
9    59.73
10    59.93
11    59.53
12    60.32
13    59.81
15    59.83

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Somebody called offbeatdave was posting race information on the Live Updates thread. Not all the times were posted. If anyone can fill in the blanks that would be good

5    60.65
6    59.63
7    59.85
8    60.00
9    59.73
10    59.93
11    59.53
12    60.32
13    59.81
15    59.83

That’s great. Thank you. 

What has happened to our track for years one of the best racing circuits in the world now its a pile of rubbish. Even Henka couldn't come from the back on this  .Gate and there's one racing line move off it and you go backwards  . I've been told this clay is for the sock car boys well great as it's going to be the death of the stars . I don't mind loosing iv been a fan since the 70s so I've seen my fair share  but I want good racing . 

I

Edited by krytens
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Heat 1, 19:51

2, 19:56

3, 20:02

4, 20:10

5, 20:14

6, 20:17

7, 20:22

8, 20:26

9, 20:40

10, 20:45

11, 21:05

12, 21:09

13, 21:15

14, 21:27

15, 21:42

:D

They were the times for the winners, do you have the seconds ??

As happy as I was with a Panthers win that was the worst meeting race wise I have seen !!

In 50 years of watching speedway that was the first meeting without one single overtake. 

Made the World Cup and GP meetings look brilliant !!

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

You wouldn't have been allowed a facility for Andersen,same as Lynn with Schlein when he pulled out.

We should've had a permanent signing riding for us at KL considering all the signs point to the rumour of him leaving are true, Even Radio Cambridgeshire said it's one year too many and we'll probably get an announcement this week.

Seems very calculated imo for Buster to make up an eleventh hour excuse just to lower the wage bill on the night again by booking someone who wouldn't score a point instead of announcing a fulltime replacement who would be more expensive and someone who would score more points.

25 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

As happy as I was with a Panthers win that was the worst meeting race wise I have seen !!

In 50 years of watching speedway that was the first meeting without one single overtake. 

Made the World Cup and GP meetings look brilliant !!

And to be far that’s the whole way speedway is going all over, lay downs produce so much power that any type of deep or grippy track makes them almost impossible to control.

But everyone loves gate and go crap because it’s exciting and the fans love it.

And the powers that be wonder why this sport is dying on its arse.

2 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

And to be far that’s the whole way speedway is going all over, lay downs produce so much power that any type of deep or grippy track makes them almost impossible to control.

But everyone loves gate and go crap because it’s exciting and the fans love it.

And the powers that be wonder why this sport is dying on its arse.

Absolutely!!

You can understand why spectator numbers are dropping, £25 to witness an evening of that !!

• Like 2

During Covid somebody jokingly suggested that one day every meeting will be raced at the NSS with the majority of people watching it doing so via a stream.

Perhaps that's a bit extreme but I can imagine just a handful of tracks operating eventually with several teams based at each one. Let's hope its the good ones that survive.

The Lynn promotion will no doubt appeal for people to come and watch but what incentive is there to pay £22 when the team loses and the racing is non existent?

• Like 2