British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Berwick Championship Friday 28th July at 7pm

Why are Edinburgh using Mark Parker as number 8 & not Mickie Simpson, seems odd?

Sensible guest in Roynon though as he's riding in the second match.

Edited by szkocjasid

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

What happened?.

May or may not have had the worst result in our clubs history this afternoon. However I’m sure you would’ve been well aware chuckling away at the result.

6 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

R Worrall confirmed as Bandits guest tomorrow 

Called it! I'm better at predicting guests than score lines it seems. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Called it! I'm better at predicting guests than score lines it seems. 

You get more chances at predicting guests, you only get one scoreline to predict at each match :rofl:

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You get more chances at predicting guests, you only get one scoreline to predict at each match :rofl:

True, but I only named one guest! ;)

Not exactly ideal having to use 2 guests from a team competing with Berwick for sixth place with limited choices it is what it is, must win for both teams.

56 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Not exactly ideal having to use 2 guests from a team competing with Berwick for sixth place with limited choices it is what it is, must win for both teams.

Worrall changes club almost every season so I am sure he will be fine. He has hardly pulled up any trees for Plymouth either.

Edinburgh to win this time.

Edited by Robinh88

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

But in this case both teams are vying with Plymouth for 6th place. Most important thing for Plymouth is it's not a draw

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Riders couldn’t care who they ride for Meetings and Money is all that matters nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Riders couldn’t care who they ride for Meetings and Money is all that matters nowadays.

Fair comment.   It's like being offered a double-shift at work -- bigger pay-packet at end of week.       

What work you're doing, if it's your usual trade, isn't important.

5 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Worrall changes club almost every season so I am sure he will be fine. He has hardly pulled up any trees for Plymouth either.

He never does when expected to be the No1. Almost always on an attractive average at end of season though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Why are Edinburgh using Mark Parker as number 8 & not Mickie Simpson, seems odd?

Sensible guest in Roynon though as he's riding in the second match.

What is the link with Parker and Edinburgh? Surprised he gets used at NL to be fair, at CL its more who is prepared to get changed early but tracking riders who could feasibly be lapped adds another level of risk to an already dangerous sport

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

What is the link with Parker and Edinburgh? Surprised he gets used at NL to be fair, at CL its more who is prepared to get changed early but tracking riders who could feasibly be lapped adds another level of risk to an already dangerous sport

One for the future.friend of bewley and cook I believe. Chances of him actually getting a ride are very slim.

Edited by Mr Blobby

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But in this case both teams are vying with Plymouth for 6th place. Most important thing for Plymouth is it's not a draw

Is it not better for Plymouth if Berwick win?

With Edinburgh having won at Berwick and Birmingham, Plymouth surely want one of the away wins canceled out to improve their chances.