British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Redcar Bears vs Oxford Cheetahs - Champ - 28/7

Redcar to end Oxford's unbeaten start to the Championship? Sam Masters okay to race for Oxford after being released by Australia, and Kyle Howarth guesting for Lewis Kerr.

Redcar Bears: 1. Danny King, 2. Danyon Hume, 3. Connor Bailey, 4. Erik Riss, 5. Charles Wright, 6. Jason Edwards, 7. Luke Harrison

Oxford Cheetahs: 1. Sam Masters, 2. Henry Atkins, 3. Kyle Howarth (G), 4. Jordan Jenkins, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Cameron Heeps, 7. Ryan Kinsley

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Redcar to end Oxford's unbeaten start to the Championship? Sam Masters okay to race for Oxford after being released by Australia, and Kyle Howarth guesting for Lewis Kerr.

Redcar Bears: 1. Danny King, 2. Danyon Hume, 3. Connor Bailey, 4. Erik Riss, 5. Charles Wright, 6. Jason Edwards, 7. Luke Harrison

Oxford Cheetahs: 1. Sam Masters, 2. Henry Atkins, 3. Kyle Howarth (G), 4. Jordan Jenkins, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Cameron Heeps, 7. Ryan Kinsley

Lols!! Being released by his holiday more like haha. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lols!! Being released by his holiday more like haha. 

He didn't go on holiday - that was Ryan Douglas and your precious Steve Worrall.  ;) 

Sam's partner had visa requirements that meant he needed to leave the UK. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

He didn't go on holiday - that was Ryan Douglas and your precious Steve Worrall.  ;) 

And what did he do while he wasn’t in the UK? Was he working? 

You can put a turd in a dress, but it’s still a turd! 

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

And what did he do while he wasn’t in the UK? Was he working? 

You can put a turd in a dress, but it’s still a turd! 

I imagine the family made the most of the break ;)  But it wasn't just a jolly in their case, but a visa requirement. Wolves knew the situation and agreed not to ride that day... until they were forced to!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Him and his family were on holiday with Ryan and his gf haha. It might have been enforced cos of the visa thing. But a holiday is still a holiday. 

Nothing to do with 'Australia releasing him' !! He wasn't in Poland lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

This from 1 hour ago:

https://twitter.com/OxfordSpeedway/status/1684829479829413888?s=20

I thought Scott was in Poland anyway for the SWC? Was nice to see a rider putting his club ahead of other activities for a change though, shame it wasn't meant to be, obviously family comes first.

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

How's the weather for this? Coming up for this one, Redcar rarely if ever dissapoints!

1936603436_Bearsun2.jpg.d36299b77473545f2c28b2479da44adc.jpg

Sunny in Stockton on Tees at the moment :-) 

So does Scott get a 7 day ban for missing the fixture for a non speedway absence?

3 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

So does Scott get a 7 day ban for missing the fixture for a non speedway absence?

Did the Holidaymakers?

26 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

I hope the BSPA would understand Scott’s situation (which as they have allowed a guest for him suggests they do) it is no different to having compassionate leave in a regular job. This is as the statement said to do with his family no conspiracy theories here.

I would rather Scott missed a meeting than turn up with his mind elsewhere that’s when accidents happen.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Debbi said:

I hope the BSPA would understand Scott’s situation (which as they have allowed a guest for him suggests they do) it is no different to having compassionate leave in a regular job. This is as the statement said to do with his family no conspiracy theories here.

I would rather Scott missed a meeting than turn up with his mind elsewhere that’s when accidents happen.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments of your post, technically he's withholding his services as I assume was Hans Andersen last night, which last year at least carried a 28 day ban

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments of your post, technically he's withholding his services as I assume was Hans Andersen last night, which last year at least carried a 28 day ban

Everything is just made upon the hoof as they go along in Speedway.Nothing is a surprise nowadays.

• Like 1