British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

1 minute ago, eric i said:

Where are you getting the rule from?

Page 5 of this topic.

Edited by Grachan

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sponsors have paid a small fortune to have their name plastered on the riders kevlars, especially the Infiate Reality splashed front and center. For the WC to not have this but his own sponsor is a major breach of the rules. More I think about it, I can understand why he has been punished. Won’t make a mistake like that again. 

Exactly. Any frustration aimed at the GP organisers naive.

Speedway requires as many sponsors as it can get and those sponsors - Monster, for example - will have their world class Contracts department implement specific advertising requirements into the GP T&Cs, to the finest detail.

For the world champion to not bother his arse, the GP organisers have to apply the rules and implement their sponsor’s terms.

A wild oversight from Zmarzlik, or a tactical move to ensure a world title win on home soil.

• Like 1

image.png.8a2b056695ac9b88116797474dbab47d.png

Just heard Erik Gundersen being interviewed at the track and getting the bums-rush from the presenter as soon as he mentioned Bartosz.

The disqualification is one thing but the Newspeak of the team avoiding the Elephant in the room is disgusting.

Not what you would get on BSN!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m assuming it’s sponsor-related. Any external investment in speedway is welcome and appreciated, so riders cannot pick and choose what they wear when it comes to advertising.

Exactly. It's the TV and the sponsors who dictate the rules these days. It's not just speedway.

As you say, every rider would have been aware of the rules.

Could be a fore runner for next year keep zmarzlik out of 1 or 2 gps to keep it interesting and close lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Just heard Erik Gundersen being interviewed at the track and getting the bums-rush from the presenter as soon as he mentioned Bartosz.

The disqualification is one thing but the Newspeak of the team avoiding the Elephant in the room is disgusting.

Not what you would get on BSN!

The honesty and not glossing over things is one of the refreshing things I like about BSN

• Like 2

Interestingly, on X, a lot of Polish fans are blaming Zmarzlik for being stupid, as the rules were clear. 

• Like 2

Doyle getting in on the action early tonight. Warning first ride, and falling second time out...