British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Stars v Witches 3/8/23

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I see Buster on the water tank. The track was much smoother than last week.. 

Not by choice I don't think, the usual track curator was wearing a sling. I also saw Buster speak with Artem and Nicolai after the parade and from what I gathered by the conversation, they didn't seem all too impressed by the track

34 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Not by choice I don't think, the usual track curator was wearing a sling. I also saw Buster speak with Artem and Nicolai after the parade and from what I gathered by the conversation, they didn't seem all too impressed by the track

They never do. They all want different things.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Being positive might. How is anyone saying a track is rubbish going to attract new fans?

But if the commentator praised the track & said how good it was then any new comer would think how bad is the sport on a poor track. Can’t blame the guy for speaking the truth, far better than the Eurosport line of a large crowd in tonight then only to pan round to see one man & his dog in attendance!

Although I'm not an Ipswich fan, I have to admit that Doyle and Sayfutdinov are on a different planet to any other rider in the UK. Simply outstanding. 

9 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Lying about the state of of the track to this fictional 'new fan' who just happens to have already subscribed to BSN is your idea of positive PR to increase attendances.

Are you feeling alright ?

You can watch a one off. Just bored of the negativity and the same people moaning new fans don't stick around. Maybe if promoted right people will and commentators play a part in it as I know new fans watch TV/stream before going to a track. 

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You can watch a one off. Just bored of the negativity and the same people moaning new fans don't stick around. Maybe if promoted right people will and commentators play a part in it as I know new fans watch TV/stream before going to a track. 

If it’s a crap meeting it’s a crap meeting you can’t spin that. Having a commentator saying how good it is would be far worse, it’s up to those in charge to ensure the product is something that excites & people want to watch no some half baked propaganda from the commentators. 

it would be like something from escape to victory!

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Still certainly answered the question of who is the better rider Emil or Artem, Emil by a country mile.

I think to answer that question you need to take their performances over a whole season, in Poland as well as the UK. What isn't in any doubt is their respective commitment and effort in the UK, Emil is miles ahead in that regard.

9 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

I definitely won’t, three meetings I’ve tried this this at Kings Lynn, all been processional crap. Two common denominators, the track surface and the owner.

Just asking why people are saying that the track is crap as there as been stock cars and speedway for year's, with the same promotion! And fans saying how good the track and racing was then. So what's gone wrong?  

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't worry, BSN are at Poole next week and I'm sure Roynon (and Shovlar) will be gushing about the track... while we're all falling asleep :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hardly going to attract new fans though :blink:

Prospective fans aren’t going to be watching BSN.

TV/streaming coverage isn’t there to promote the sport, it is there to cover the sport. Warts and all, and boy are there a lot of warts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SSL84 said:

Just asking why people are saying that the track is crap as there as been stock cars and speedway for year's, with the same promotion! And fans saying how good the track and racing was then. So what's gone wrong?  

It used to be a cracking race track and I would happily travel over from Leicester as a neutral to watch some great Speedway. For whatever reason (mainly cost I would suspect) the shale was changed some years ago and now although it can still be pretty good on occasion it's a shadow of the race track it used to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It used to be a cracking race track and I would happily travel over from Leicester as a neutral to watch some great Speedway. For whatever reason (mainly cost I would suspect) the shale was changed some years ago and now although it can still be pretty good on occasion it's a shadow of the race track it used to be.

It's no doubt mostly down to cost and also partly down to supply haps, im sure ive read before that shale is getting harder and harder to get and it all comes from up north of the country, pretty sure it ain't cheap to transport a wagon full of the stuff either and Buster likes to save money everywhere he can.

• Like 1