British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Sheffield Monday 7th August Live on Eurosport

Just now, BassoRacingFan said:

Why are the BV fans moaning?

Do they not want to see Woffinden race... 

Of course,Musielak was the cause of the stoppage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Why are the BV fans moaning?

Do they not want to see Woffinden race... 

Think it has more to do with white should be excluded as fell on his own accord.

Anywhere else on the track Toby would've gone, no contact just a mistake - ref bottled it using the 'unsatisfactory start' rule to avoid a decision.

• Like 1

Looks like the cameras should've been at the Showground :D

• Like 2

If only it could be like this every week..

What a sport when done well...

And properly...;)

• Like 1

My God TV meeting threads are full of moaning and groaning.

Certainly nowhere near the best NSS meeting you've seen due to the grippiness/recent rain but those last few heats were excellent. Still comfortably the best track in the UK if not the world. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Certainly nowhere near the best NSS meeting you've seen due to the grippiness/recent rain but those last few heats were excellent. Still comfortably the best track in tje UK if not the world. 

Seemed a decent crowd for a TV match too..

A few Sheffield fans there as well to add a bit of atmosphere.. 

Woffy added a bit of panto villain moments as well..

Booooooooo!!!! :D

My lad said "if it was like this every week the place would be packed"...

He isn't wrong...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

just got back  i got my moneys worth, enjoyed it even the so called boring races, not as boring when you are there. also felt a bit of a atmosphere .:shock: Conner baily rode very well. and Ellis and Kerr had their moments, the top lads go without saying.  

• Like 2

Brilliant meeting that, atmosphere was sensational.  If speedway was like that every week it would be full stands. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Brilliant meeting that, atmosphere was sensational.  If speedway was like that every week it would be full stands. 

The racing for the NSS was only "OK" in all honesty, cracking last few races apart..

It was the noise generated by a decent crowd and having some away fans there that made the real difference tonight, for me..

"Local Derbies", in particular should maybe have both teams discounting away fans' ticket prices..?

There were around 20 Sheffield fans there tonight on the back straight, and they made some noise..

But a couole of hundred would have added even more.

Maybe knocking 200 tickets out at a tenner each for away fans each meeting, not just derbies, would help add that much needed atmosphere, so desperately missing most weeks, at most tracks..

Hardly any travel now away, so not much to lose, if anything..

Quite easy to "police" too, to ensure only away fans get them..

Spent 48 quid for me and my lad tonight, and came away very pleased with the value for money that got delivered...

• Like 3

Just watched it thoroughly enjoyed it, also atmosphere at Monmore was really good tonight and Peterborough highlights looked good

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The racing for the NSS was only "OK" in all honesty, cracking last few races apart..

It was the noise generated by a decent crowd and having some away fans there that made the real difference tonight, for me..

"Local Derbies", in particular should maybe have both teams discounting away fans' ticket prices..?

There were around 20 Sheffield fans there tonight on the back straight, and they made some noise..

But a couole of hundred would have added even more.

Maybe knocking 200 tickets out at a tenner each for away fans each meeting, not just derbies, would help add that much needed atmosphere, so desperately missing most weeks, at most tracks..

Hardly any travel now away, so not much to lose, if anything..

Quite easy to "police" too, to ensure only away fans get them..

Spent 48 quid for me and my lad tonight, and came away very pleased with the value for money that got delivered...

I agree with all above, but just to add that It baffles me that some need passing for it to be a good race, the heat 5 of Dan v Tai was a great race with no passing.  Going back to your post the atmosphere is what gets fans coming back, tonight was sensational, and the aggregate bonus point kept it going all the way.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Certainly nowhere near the best NSS meeting you've seen due to the grippiness/recent rain but those last few heats were excellent. Still comfortably the best track in the UK if not the world. 

Not as good as Scunny imo.

• Haha 2