British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Plymouth Vs Berwick 8/8/23 live BSN

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing to do with high tides? Everything to do with no track prep til 6pm, according to BSN who were there from 12 noon ish!

Anyway moving on. BSN viewers will enjoy a top notch meeting tomorrow. A spit more of rain due overnight but the track will be fine for Pirates v Cheetahs!

Might even get a Super heat?!

I thought they were filming at Poole.  Obviously not :-)

So is there a super heat if it’s tied on aggregate for the bonus point? 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes

Getting ahead of myself, but next week Vs Redcar if we draw, we would get 2 super heats lol. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes

• Like 1

... and it's turned into a Poole thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

... and it's turned into a Poole thread

I blame BSN. They started it!!:rofl:

48 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Angry doesn’t describe how I’m feeling right now so I’ll be careful what I say but people behind me in the queue who were on holiday could not get there money back just a stamped ticket what good is that to them they asked the ladies in the booth to can they speak to the promoter they were told to go and find him.someone else asked for there money back was told the same or to email Plymouth gladiators when they asked for the email address the ladies didn’t no it absolutely heartbreaking to see the club I support becoming a laughing stock I don’t no nothing about track prep but I no we haven’t had rain since 11 this morning and that was drizzle not everyone can afford to just have a ticket stamped some people it comes out of there family budget and if they could have had there money back maybe they could do something else with there kids this week.

Promoters never understand the bigger picture, these people will never be back now 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Very sad to see this I'm a glasgow fan & I seen a few Plymouth fans up here for under 21 & had a wee chat they were fantastic hope they get things sorted I'm not a fan of really small tracks but their fans deserve better

Absolutely agree. Top bunch, had 2 rain offs out of 3 on that tour and still there enjoying themselves with a smile on their face. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes

Getting ahead of myself, but next week Vs Redcar if we draw, we would get 2 super heats lol. 

It's just the one super heat. If it's a draw on the night, and a draw on aggregate....one super heat decides both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

It's just the one super heat. If it's a draw on the night, and a draw on aggregate....one super heat decides both.

Oh, that's boring. Should be two and different riders in each! :D

If like Ben Barker says the track would be ok after a few heats,why don’t they send the riders out like Worrell was doing and turn the dirt over slowly  then regrade the the track.Would that not be a solution ( we’ve all seen heavy tracks produce decent racing after a few heats).Just asking.Look at the difference between Worrell and Flint going round.Even Greg Blair made comment.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If like Ben Barker says the track would be ok after a few heats,why don’t they send the riders out like Worrell was doing and turn the dirt over slowly  then regrade the the track.Would that not be a solution ( we’ve all seen heavy tracks produce decent racing after a few heats).Just asking.Look at the difference between Worrell and Flint going round.Even Greg Blair made comment.

Personally as soon as I saw the first frame of the BSN broadcast this one looked in doubt. I've never ridden a bike but I've seen enough Speedway through the years to see when a track is unfit for racing. And it looked even worse after Worrall and Flint had done a few laps on it. Doesn't Barker come from a Grasstrack background? And also has around 20 years experience of riding Speedway. Unfortunately not everybody in both teams has that much experience with a number of youngsters. I've seen Barker ride over the top on many occasions and sometimes he's a danger to himself, he's spent a large proportion of his career on the injury list

Edited by iainb

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Personally as soon as I saw the first frame of the BSN broadcast this one looked in doubt. I've never ridden a bike but I've seen enough Speedway through the years to see when a track is unfit for racing. And it looked even worse after Worrall and Flint had done a few laps on it. Doesn't Barker come from a Grasstrack background? And also has around 20 years experience of riding Speedway. Unfortunately not everybody in both teams has that much experience with a number of youngsters. I've seen Barker ride over the top in many occasions and sometimes he's a danger to himself, he's spent a large proportion of his career on the injury list

Barker wanted to ride and was saying all the right things for his uncle, Mark Phillips.

Edited by Skidder1