British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn August 10th

Well this a disappointment - Laguta having a decent night for Wrocław - 9 from 4 so far - I am hoping maybe he will be there it was mooted before that he wouldn’t appear for an away match and he did so fingers crossed

otherwise it will be a bit of a biffing - I do get the trying to stem losses thing - but openness and transparency do matter too!

I have noticed that everytime he walks to his bike he is limping a little..

But then again...

They all are...:D

Edited by mikebv

Please note

I only said R/R for Laguta based on him riding tonight which would be an easy excuse to miss the meeting, i hope he is there as it would be good to see him vs Emil 

7 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Please note

I only said R/R for Laguta based on him riding tonight which would be an easy excuse to miss the meeting, i hope he is there as it would be good to see him vs Emil 

Should have made it clear in your original post.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Please note

so you're just chatting absolute crap then

Edited by therefused
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 12:45 AM, Daniel Smith said:

It's an extremely sad situation, for both sets of fans to be fair. These were the meetings we looked forward to when the fixtures came out. Buzzing for it. 

Roll on 20yrs it doesn't even feel like a derby.

I know I've been moaning like a little b!+ch about King's Lynn for around 5yrs now but it's because I bloody care. Now many many more fans are finally seeing it. Our crowd levels have been evident of that. 

The situation at Peterborough my have opened the eyes of King's Lynn fans too with regards to our owner, could you imagine had he got Ipswich too :o

The troubles at King's Lynn & fraudulent treatment of fans & other clubs this season in terms of dodgy call-offs & missing rider's make these fixtures meaningless. 

These threads should be banter central, forum fisty cuffs. 

It's just dead, great shame :(

Totally agree Daniel. Years ago, an Ipswich v Kings Lynn derby would have attracted huge numbers of Lynn supporters down to Foxhall, but to be honest I can't even be bothered to go to home meetings now. The last few years have seen some dire teams and the track surface just doesn't seem to produce decent racing anymore. Last Sunday I went and watched the Mildenhall v Leicester meeting. Some cracking racing, and a last heat decider that made for a very enjoyable afternoon. All this for almost half the price of me travelling from Norwich to a Kings Lynn match. I've supported Kings Lynn since 1969 so it saddens me to see the state of the set up at the moment, but I'm just hoping things will improve?

40 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Totally agree Daniel. Years ago, an Ipswich v Kings Lynn derby would have attracted huge numbers of Lynn supporters down to Foxhall, but to be honest I can't even be bothered to go to home meetings now. The last few years have seen some dire teams and the track surface just doesn't seem to produce decent racing anymore. Last Sunday I went and watched the Mildenhall v Leicester meeting. Some cracking racing, and a last heat decider that made for a very enjoyable afternoon. All this for almost half the price of me travelling from Norwich to a Kings Lynn match. I've supported Kings Lynn since 1969 so it saddens me to see the state of the set up at the moment, but I'm just hoping things will improve?

There will be plenty like you unfortunately. The club needs a complete reset; a new promoter, new team, new track surface, the lot. 

Whether that will happen remains to be seen but I have my doubts.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Well this a disappointment - Laguta having a decent night for Wrocław - 9 from 4 so far - I am hoping maybe he will be there it was mooted before that he wouldn’t appear for an away match and he did so fingers crossed

otherwise it will be a bit of a biffing - I do get the trying to stem losses thing - but openness and transparency do matter too!

#BusterGate provided both openness and transparency:  apparently there was no "openness" for the pit gate, and we could all see through the excuses ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

There will be plenty like you unfortunately. The club needs a complete reset; a new promoter, new team, new track surface, the lot. 

Whether that will happen remains to be seen but I have my doubts.

I agree with what you say but with a new promotion Buster will still have some  involvement the track won’t change as it’s all about stock cars at Lynn - I’d like to see a new stadium owner as well I really think Buster has reached the end of the line - in football we’d say he’s lost the dressing room in speedway he’s lost the fans it’s time for him to sell up and let someone else run the stadium and speedway and stocks . 

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Only thing you can do as far as this evening is concerned, is forget about the result and just hope for some good racing if Laguta is there. Laguta vs Emil and Doyle is something we haven’t seen much of calibre wise in recent years. We SHOULD know by time anyone has to set off from Norfolk if Artem isn’t going to be there or not. I did say when I started this thread I’ll be giving this one a miss, but if Laguta is riding then I’ll change my mind! Weather helps, cracking day today. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Please note

Should of been your original post..... Lets hope he rides then eh :rolleyes:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Should of been your original post..... Lets hope he rides then eh :rolleyes:

well he is included in the line up so lets see

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

#BusterGate provided both openness and transparency:  apparently there was no "openness" for the pit gate, and we could all see through the excuses ...

even in the Arena-Essex days the openess was never truly open - I remember the fudge over the late Malc Simmons 'injury'

anyhoo bright sunny day - hoping for a good meeting tonight and a Laguta v Emil battle

You know things are bad when there's a rider (Laguta) who's not injured, scheduled to be there & listed in the pre-match teams, but people are wanting confirmation he's going to be there before turning up!

Any further news on ‘Laguta watch’ ??

There is another possibility… he does actually turn up… get roasted by Emil in heat one, lays the bike down, cites an aggravation of an old injury and withdraws from the meeting… 

Completely farcical I know, but probably in keeping with the general way of things ;)