British Speedway Forum
KevAustin

Bombers Pending Statement

Could be interesting times coming? Will Bombers upcoming statement open a few eyes as to what is going on with British Speedway?

Some Honesty, Truth and Transparency would not go amiss! Something the BSPL and others have not given us. So it’s down to Bomber to deliver, let’s see!

On 8/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, KevAustin said:

Could be interesting times coming? Will Bombers upcoming statement open a few eyes as to what is going on with British Speedway?

Some Honesty, Truth and Transparency would not go amiss! Something the BSPL and others have not given us. So it’s down to Bomber to deliver, let’s see!

I’m guessing he’ll wait til the end of the season to drop a grenade, not long to wait now.

It isn't going to be that revealing. I even doubt he'll release anything at all, was just frustrated & letting off steam. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It isn't going to be that revealing. I even doubt he'll release anything at all, was just frustrated & letting off steam. 

He will not guest anymore as a protest..

Well, this weekend anyway...

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

He will not guest anymore as a protest..

Well, this weekend anyway...

Or just not between November and mid March.

How many times have we heard Bomber say “I’m thinking of leaving the sport” Let’s get one thing straight he can’t do anything else so all this nonsense about retiring is crap.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I’m guessing he’ll wait til the end of the season to drop a grenade, not long to wait now.

Isn't the statement due to be in this coming week's Speedway Star?

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Isn't the statement due to be in this coming week's Speedway Star?

Yes

Be interesting to see what he is moaning about..

No one will have had more chance to earn money in the UK than Bomber over the past good many years...

Due to the amount of "Guestfests" that take place and him being on speed dial in every Promoter's phone when one is needed...

• Like 2

He’ll not say much, if he upsets the apple cart with the promotions that are left in the sport it’ll do him more bad than good when it comes to getting a contract for 2024 and onwards 

• Like 1

Chris was asked about it by Paul Bowen on BSN on Friday and said he just wanted a good old moan about British Speedway which he thinks needs a big shake up from top to bottom. He thinks now is the time to save British Speedway which is losing tracks and riders coming through who 'don't get the chances'. Now he's been dropped he knows how it feels, but he doesn't hold grudges and spoke to Stuart at Leicester on Wednesday when he was there with his little boy.

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

Chris was asked about it by Paul Bowen on BSN on Friday and said he just wanted a good old moan about British Speedway which he thinks needs a big shake up from top to bottom. He thinks now is the time to save British Speedway which is losing tracks and riders coming through who 'don't get the chances'. Now he's been dropped he knows how it feels, but he doesn't hold grudges and spoke to Stuart at Leicester on Wednesday when he was there with his little boy.

Just to let him know he’s still available for guesting  no doubt.

I have a lot of respect for Bomber he’s been a good ambassador for the sport over many years and gives 100% effort for whoever he’s riding for or against. He’s been moved about from club to club not alway by his own making but always becomes a team player both on and off the track. He always has time to speak with fans. I’ll be very interested to hear what he says and I’m sure it will be the truth because that’s how he is. I hope he names the people who have dragged speedway down to the gutter level it’s in now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I have a lot of respect for Bomber he’s been a good ambassador for the sport over many years and gives 100% effort for whoever he’s riding for or against. He’s been moved about from club to club not alway by his own making but always becomes a team player both on and off the track. He always has time to speak with fans. I’ll be very interested to hear what he says and I’m sure it will be the truth because that’s how he is. I hope he names the people who have dragged speedway down to the gutter level it’s in now. 

I know it’s become a bit of a joke about Bomber taking so many guest bookings but it says a lot about the guy that he’s always the 1st one promoters turn to. Scored a paid max on his guest booking for Wolves earlier this season, he’s one of the good guys for sure and will be missed when he’s gone.

• Like 2