British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Edinburgh. 11/08/2023. 7.30 pm

4 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

To be fair he was involved in the nasty crash last week and is probably still feeling the effects 

Time too pack it in if that is the case.He certainty wasn’t injured in the crash.The photographer although has nasty injuries has been on Club website assuring everybody he is Ok.Raced earlier in the week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Jeffo said:

Not interested imo....didn't fancy it at all.

Can't blame the track it was in superb condition.

Bears tore into Edinburgh from heat one and never let up. Pickering the only rider who looked  capable of winning. Although paco did at least try. 

Charles hard on pickering in heat 13 but what josh did next he should receive a big fine at least.

Petulant and dangerous riding round the inside slowly and parking his bike sideways on the start finish line.

For the bears Bailey was outstanding likewise wright and king.

Great support from Edwards, hume and riss with luke Harrison also picking up a paid win.

Never seen Edinburgh that bad or where we that good ??

Cook's best bikes were not on Teeside, which was a real shame.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Time too pack it in if that is the case.He certainty wasn’t injured in the crash.The photographer although has nasty injuries has been on Club website assuring everybody he is Ok.Raced earlier in thei week.

Youre really full of love aren't ya.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Quicker we shift wood on the better may as well just ride as a 6 man team. Surely someone like Jack Smith for example would be a major upgrade.

I'm surprised Wood has lasted this long, I think many assumed he was a brief signing till they found their preferred 2.00 rider. Can't be Jack Smith he's got a 3.00 average. Should sign Ashton Boughen when he turns 16.

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm surprised Wood has lasted this long, I think many assumed he was a brief signing till they found their preferred 2.00 rider. Can't be Jack Smith he's got a 3.00 average. Should sign Ashton Boughen when he turns 16.

I’m sure Boughen has plenty of offers as he turns 16 in a few days and I’m sure he’ll go the highest bidder, if riding in Scotland won’t be us.

• Haha 1

Ashton Boughen off to Glasgow with a very nice signing on fee that will dwarf anything any number one has received this season….. and he will be reserve. Piper or Complin is the dilema

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Ashton Boughen off to Glasgow with a very nice signing on fee that will dwarf anything any number one has received this season….. and he will be reserve. Piper or Complin is the dilemma

He is the real deal.
I saw him at the back end of last year and was impressed. His showing for the Lion Cubs have been outstanding at times. To beat Dan Thompson in recent times has been even more impressive given Dan's improvement since leaving the Lions. I'm not expecting miracles from Ashton, this year, stepping up into the Championship. But he will surprise a few, for sure. I wish he was riding in my team next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Quicker we shift wood on the better may as well just ride as a 6 man team. Surely someone like Jack Smith for example would be a major upgrade.

When Borke was introduced on 9th June together with Wood, the impression was that DW would be a temporary replacement until a more promising 2 pointer could be recruited.

Since then the likes of Sam Hagon & Luke Harrison were recruited later by Birmingham & Redcar respectively, and 2 months on we are still no further forward in bringing in a competitive number seven.

It's unfair on Dayle Wood who is out his depth in the Championship and also short changing Monarchs fans knowing their seventh rider will trail in last in his required three match heats.

I wonder how much effort has been made since 9th June  to find better or are the Promotion content to go with this cheaper local option for the rest of 2023?

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What’s up with cookie ? 

His best bike was compounded by the police last Friday and he’s yet to be given it back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

49 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’m sure Boughen has plenty of offers as he turns 16 in a few days and I’m sure he’ll go the highest bidder, if riding in Scotland won’t be us.

47 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Ashton Boughen off to Glasgow with a very nice signing on fee that will dwarf anything any number one has received this season….. and he will be reserve. Piper or Complin is the dilema

I've read multiple times on here that Boughen will be going to Glasgow, but can't see how he will fit in their team? I got the impression Pijper's place was secure (long term plan) and can't see them dropping a 3.6 rider for Boughen.

Also is Boughen that much better than Pijper? They have similar averages in the NL. If Pijper was dropped (& still on a 2.00 ave) I'm sure Edinburgh would snap him up.

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

His best bike was compounded by the police last Friday and he’s yet to be given it back.

Here's hoping Craig gets his impounded bike back before the British Final on Monday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cyclone said:

When Borke was introduced on 9th June together with Wood, the impression was that DW would be a temporary replacement until a more promising 2 pointer could be recruited.

Since then the likes of Sam Hagon & Luke Harrison were recruited later by Birmingham & Redcar respectively, and 2 months on we are still no further forward in bringing in a competitive number seven.

It's unfair on Dayle Wood who is out his depth in the Championship and also short changing Monarchs fans knowing their seventh rider will trail in last in his required three match heats.

I wonder how much effort has been made since 9th June  to find better or are the Promotion content to go with this cheaper local option for the rest of 2023?

Ryan Kinsley must be the best 2.00 left, they could also sign Harrison though, he's only guesting for Redcar!

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

Cook's best bikes were not on Teeside, which was a real shame.

So where are they? He's finished.

Edited by Bellers101
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Here's hoping Craig gets his impounded bike back before the British Final on Monday.

It will be bent. Is the engine ok? So what's being said is Cook only has one decent bike. Worrying for Edinburgh. 

• Sad 1