British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ippo 17/08/23

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://ipswichwitches.co/kings-lynn-v-ipswich-postponed-3/

Certainly don’t sound happy “no question about that”.

Why would they ? They want a play off place - bet Witches fans are pleased Chapman didn’t get his hands on there club or they’d be in the same mess as Lynn and Pboro 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm sure a partial refund to the 40 or 50 people affected could be easily arranged. Would save Bluster a packet too compared with running thd meeting.......

Good point - definitely Ipswich should get the league points 

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

Why would they ? They want a play off place - bet Witches fans are pleased Chapman didn’t get his hands on there club or they’d be in the same mess as Lynn and Pboro 

“Ipswich have been given the full assurance that this fixture will take place before the play-offs.”

• Haha 2

There seems to be a few on here that think Lynn/Peterborough should have been sanctioned for fielding sides several points under the limit this season.Now several of those think Lynn should field an even more under strength side tomorrow night,beggars belief really.

• Like 4

What are Lynn not telling us about how bad their rider availability issues are? Only Jorgensen and Klindt known to be unavailable, right? Even if you add MPT into that having just returned from injury, you can still get a semi competitive meeting on. Has Laguta made himself unavailable again? If so, surely it has to be the end of the road for him this season at least? Nicki Pedersen should be free to help his mate Buster out for the rest of the season now Poland's finished for him this season? :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JamieE said:

What are Lynn not telling us about how bad their rider availability issues are? Only Jorgensen and Klindt known to be unavailable, right? Even if you add MPT into that having just returned from injury, you can still get a semi competitive meeting on. Has Laguta made himself unavailable again? If so, surely it has to be the end of the road for him this season at least? Nicki Pedersen should be free to help his mate Buster out for the rest of the season now Poland's finished for him this season? :D

http://www.kingslynn-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.31408

What a shambles to add to a long list of shambles this season, one or two seem to involve Kings Lynn. One things for sure this meeting should be declared a walk over for Ipswich with the full points awarded to them. 

5 minutes ago, JamieE said:

This 100%. For definite Laguta wasn't going to be there. Lineup could have looked something like this:

1. AL

2. EB

3. MPT

4. TJ - Guest 

5. NK - RR 

6. SL

7. AR

Absolute shambles. 

Could of easily got some calibre of guest from Championship. They use the words "no availability of Championship heat-leaders". Can't exactly say TJ was performing at a heat-leader standard in the Championship. 

I will admit, I have been quite vocal about the understrength team Lynn have had all season, but surely you should still be obliged to complete the fixture regardless of the strength/competitiveness of your team. 

If we're being honest, Ipswich were going to win the meeting regardless. Just delaying the inevitable surely benefits no one...

There are plenty of guests available to guest for TJ, 

use rr for nic. 

yes it would have been an under strength team but it as been all season. 

wolves were forced to go to Sheffield with a much worse team. 

Lynn are away to us Monday and they will be forced to ride because they are away team. So why should it be any different because they are at home. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Match should be forfeit and not rearranged with the points awarded

That would be unfair on Sheffield, the club the Witches are chasing for the final play-off spot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mimmo said:

That would be unfair on Sheffield, the club the Witches are chasing for the final play-off spot.

The 3 points were in the bag regardless of what Lynn's 1-7 was...

1 minute ago, Mimmo said:

Sheffield was forcing wolves to come under strength. Wasn’t fair on Ipswich 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, JamieE said:

That's my understanding.  MPT made a successful comeback last week so RR & one guest from the Championship.  I expect Laguta had also cried off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I wonder what the sanctions will be? 

Dreamboat Phil's promise of integrity and transparency didn't last long did it?

39 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There seems to be a few on here that think Lynn/Peterborough should have been sanctioned for fielding sides several points under the limit this season.Now several of those think Lynn should field an even more under strength side tomorrow night,beggars belief really.

Is there or isn't there a rule about fielding competitive teams? If so why enforce it now?

• Like 1

All any of us can guess what the situation is, because we simply don't know.  

This slagging off of King's Lynn, or should I say Keith Chapman, doesn't do the club any good, if someone is prepared to buy the club from him.  Potential sponsors that a new promotion would require, would have been reading all this old clap trap, and become uninterested, and don't think companies don't look at these sites if they are wanting to sponsorship out there, because they do.

Okay, I've opened the door so you can start slagging me off, which will just confirm what I've said about sponsors.   

• Like 1